Ultraflex Tonneau Cover *Update*

AXG1040

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave
Just installed my Ultraflex by Undercover today. Well designed and uses the updated holes/welded nut locations that changed last year. No rivnuts, expanding anchors, etc. for this cover. I have the factory sprayed liner and used a chaser thread cleaning bolt to clear the holes. Great tip from this site I was glad to have found that made clearing the bolt holes super easy.

7BB64730-1BFD-4011-8BF1-0846721CAC57.jpeg

002886DD-9E2D-457C-8FB2-D26A5EBA7717.jpeg
Sponsored

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Looks terrific. Nice job !

OP
OP
AXG1040

AXG1040

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave
Nice looking cover the price is a little steep though
I didn’t pay MSRP. RealTruck.com is a member here. Huge discount on this cover. Worth it to reach out to them on any purchase you want to make on their website via DM from this forum.
Almost the price of a roll up soft cover after the discount...

OP
OP
AXG1040

AXG1040

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave
Well first good rain came and the carpeted undersides are soaked. Water is making its way to the sides and then channels to the drains properly. Everything is on correctly and square. It’s almost as if when the frames were built no sealant was used. If you Google leaking Undercover Ultraflex there are a few videos of this issue. There are a few videos on the BAK Mx4 doing the same thing. When you fold it up it is like a waterfall out the bottom frames. I put in a warranty claim with Undercover and reached out to Alex @RealTruck to see what options I have. I don’t have the packing materials any longer. Regretting not sticking with the Truxedo Lo Pro I had on my Ram 2500 for 7 years. Not asking it to be water tight but you should not have just under a cup of water pour out of the panel frame when you tilt it up. You can see in the first photo the amount of water that poured out into the bed. Just wanted to share my experience and hope to save someone else from making a purchase mistake. I’ll keep you posted on what gets taken care of.

Jeep Gladiator Ultraflex Tonneau Cover *Update* 6DD39763-9708-4689-96FF-EB58DB62D714

Jeep Gladiator Ultraflex Tonneau Cover *Update* 42F7E5FD-CDF3-47A1-960C-7F2FAC61A35D

Sponsored

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
As I stated in our message, this is something we will handle and get taken care of for you. Unfortunately, mistakes can happen, and manufacturing isn't always perfect. Undercover is a great company with products they stand behind. This is the first time I have run across such a big issue with the cover but we will get it resolved for you.

OP
OP
AXG1040

AXG1040

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave
As I stated in our message, this is something we will handle and get taken care of for you. Unfortunately, mistakes can happen, and manufacturing isn't always perfect. Undercover is a great company with products they stand behind. This is the first time I have run across such a big issue with the cover but we will get it resolved for you.
Thanks Alex. I appreciate you stepping up to help resolve it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AXG1040

AXG1040

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave
RealTruck is working with Undercover to send me a new Ultraflex. If this one doesn’t work they’ll take it back. Alex has been all over this and I appreciate that. I was hoping mine was an isolated case but on Undercover’s Facebook page another Gladiator owner posted the same issue. Maybe just a bad batch and hoping the replacement is better.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed my Ultraflex by Undercover today. Well designed and uses the updated holes/welded nut locations that changed last year. No rivnuts, expanding anchors, etc. for this cover. I have the factory sprayed liner and used a chaser thread cleaning bolt to clear the holes. Great tip from this site I was glad to have found that made clearing the bolt holes super easy.

Jeep Gladiator Ultraflex Tonneau Cover *Update* 42F7E5FD-CDF3-47A1-960C-7F2FAC61A35D

Great minds think alike…that’s our one year old Ultraflex cover migrated to our new Snazzberry JTR. Love that thing.

B9936CEB-4F01-4502-9DD3-23541ABF7141.jpeg

OP
OP
AXG1040

AXG1040

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave
Great minds think alike…that’s our one year old Ultraflex cover migrated to our new Snazzberry JTR. Love that thing.

Jeep Gladiator Ultraflex Tonneau Cover *Update* B9936CEB-4F01-4502-9DD3-23541ABF7141
Nice! You are giving me faith the replacement won’t leak!

Sponsored

SkYnet21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I purchased one of these from realtruck after reading your review. Installed yesterday. I was missing the led light and some of the hardware to install. Hopefully I can get undercover to send to me.

OP
OP
AXG1040

AXG1040

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave
I purchased one of these from realtruck after reading your review. Installed yesterday. I was missing the led light and some of the hardware to install. Hopefully I can get undercover to send to me.
Sorry to hear that. I’m sure they will take care of that. I have a replacement cover on the way and am hoping the replacement does not leak. @RealTruck and Undercover were quick to respond when I elevated the issue.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Watching this thread. The Undercover just popped up on my radar after watching some reviews yesterday.

OP
OP
AXG1040

AXG1040

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave
Watching this thread. The Undercover just popped up on my radar after watching some reviews yesterday.
Another JT owner posted on Undercover’s FB page he had the same issue I have. New cover on the way to both of us. Hoping just a manufacturer issue on them. All Undercover asked me to do was destroy old cover and get rid of. No need to send back. Just sent them photos and a video of the leak. Other than the leak I love the features and build quality.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Another JT owner posted on Undercover’s FB page he had the same issue I have. New cover on the way to both of us. Hoping just a manufacturer issue on them. All Undercover asked me to do was destroy old cover and get rid of. No need to send back. Just sent them photos and a video of the leak. Other than the leak I love the features and build quality.
Hopefully your new one will be problem free. I'll keep checking for updates.
Sponsored