First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
So I watched a video which showed the rear seat storage compartment. It looks as though the compartment is split into two sections along the lines of the 60/40 configuration of the seat? Can anyone confirm this one way or the other?

I hope that’s not the case and if so it’s too bad as I could’ve really used the entire length of the box without any divisions for storing things like fly rod tubes, rifles, etc...
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I think there is just a piece on the top of the box holding them together, but you can put items like rifle, bat, rods the entire length.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
You can make it a one pice unit. Put you new Henry 6.5 Creedmoor in it.

What I would like to know is if you do not get the package @ time of ordering will it be easy to put it in at a later date. Will the fasteners for the box be there?

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I think I see what’s going on there. I thought that piece at the split ran all the way down to the bottom of the box. Apparently the lid is split 60/4o but not the actual storage box. Thank you guys...

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
The dividers are removable and can be configured in various ways.

@Troybilt - pretty sure you still get the box without ordering the package. The package just gives you locks on the box. My question is how secure are said locks and box? Would I be better replacing it with something from an aftermarket like tuffy?

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
@Troybilt - pretty sure you still get the box without ordering the package. The package just gives you locks on the box. My question is how secure are said locks and box? Would I be better replacing it with something from an aftermarket like tuffy?
That sound great but now I just realized that without the package you also don't get the lock on the back seats. Farts:mad:

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Incorrect. The seatbacks all have locks. When you get the trail rail system you then get the locking covers for the storage box that comes under the back seats. And that box comes with I think a total of 7 dividers. I believe that you can take them all out so you can then easily put your rifle or shot gun in the box. Have never seen any picture showing all of those dividers totally removed. In almost every single picture Jeep has released they show at least one divider remaining right where the 60/40 lids meet.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Incorrect. The seatbacks all have locks. When you get the trail rail system you then get the locking covers for the storage box that comes under the back seats. And that box comes with I think a total of 7 dividers. I believe that you can take them all out so you can then easily put your rifle or shot gun in the box. Have never seen any picture showing all of those dividers totally removed. In almost every single picture Jeep has released they show at least one divider remaining right where the 60/40 lids meet.
Sweet. I hope this info is correct:like:

The JT at Detroit had all of the dividers removed. 60/40 split lid with no split in the box. I will say that the handle on the passenger side was broken off. Not sure if thats a sign of it not being rugged or just bad luck.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey Troybilt did you by chance get a picture of it with all of the dividers out? And about that broken handle, doesn’t really surprise me. Am certain that at such shows the trucks can have a lot of abuse from many people poking and prodding and pulling and tugging.

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Hey Troybilt did you by chance get a picture of it with all of the dividers out? And about that broken handle, doesn’t really surprise me. Am certain that at such shows the trucks can have a lot of abuse from many people poking and prodding and pulling and tugging.
No photos. Sorry.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Made of clay... ?

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
That’s worrisome. Usually something that is lockable is obviously meant to prevent unwanted intruders. If the thing broke that easily, it doesn’t say much for its security. I’m curious to see what it’s like. Sounds like I may have to go aftermarket or possibly build my own design from metal. This is one of the features that really appealed to me. I hope it’s not basically the same design as a cheap plastic gun case.

Last edited:

MojitoWrangler

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Z28 R/S
Sweet. I hope this info is correct:like:

The JT at Detroit had all of the dividers removed. 60/40 split lid with no split in the box. I will say that the handle on the passenger side was broken off. Not sure if thats a sign of it not being rugged or just bad luck.
I was so excited to sit in the Gladiator and crawl underneath it at the Detroit international auto show that I forgot to check out the under seat storage lol. Those auto show cars go through a torture test! I checked out a few luxury vehicles and they were missing half of their knobs buttons and shifters. And that’s taking into account that they superglue the shifters and various other pieces on trying to make them auto show proof Lol. That being said I would be more comfortable with a heavy duty all steel under seat storage for my stuff.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I was so excited to sit in the Gladiator and crawl underneath it at the Detroit international auto show that I forgot to check out the under seat storage lol. Those auto show cars go through a torture test! I checked out a few luxury vehicles and they were missing half of their knobs buttons and shifters. And that’s taking into account that they superglue the shifters and various other pieces on trying to make them auto show proof Lol. That being said I would be more comfortable with a heavy duty all steel under seat storage for my stuff.
if somebody can break the box at an auto show, Joe Jackass can certainly MESS THAT BOX UP when you're parked at Lowes.
Sponsored