Sponsored

Under the hood ARB compressor mount with remote air chuck/rocker switch/air filter relocation brackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
After a few teaser pics, here are the prototype pics finalized. Production will begin next week.
1/8" aluminum with heat shield on bottom. The mounting plate will hold the twin or single ARB compressor. There are at least 4 options for air chuck, switch and air filter placement.

Option 1 setup will have the switch and twin air chuck plate mounted to the front of the compressor plate, with the air filters remaining on the compressor.

Option 2 the air chucks and switch remain on the plate attached to the compressor mount. You would then use the remote air filter fender mount plate to draw cooler air close to the air intake.

Option 3 would be relocating the two air filters to the plate mounted on the front of the compressor mount (using the same twin air chuck/switch plate from options 1 & 2) and use the air chuck/switch remote plate mounted on the fender.

Option 4 would be to relocate both air filters and both air chuck and switch to the fender using both remote fender plates. Doing so, leaves a good size area in front of the compressor for mounting other items.

The compressor plate will have slots located down both sides for zip ties to help with wire and hose management.

My plan is to offer the compressor mount and the three remote switch/filter/air chuck plates. Since there are many options for hoses and fittings, trying to offer a full kit setup will be a little difficult for me to do since I am not an ARB wholesaler. I will put together a few parts lists and recommendations so that the customer can build their own custom setup.

I am test fitting to a non-Rubicon JL this weekend to make sure clearance is good under the hood. I am 99% sure this setup will work on the JL also. On my 2020 JT Rubicon the top shield of the compressor slightly touches the hood liner as you can see from the chalk test photo.

All designs are 813 Fabrication & Design, patent pending.

www.813fabrication.com

air-chucks-front.jpg

chalk-test.jpg

compressor-only.jpg

filters-front.jpg

heat-shield.jpg

switch-filters-fender2.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
813 Fabrication & Design

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
nice. I like the extra room that the mounting plate provides for the accessories or other items.
Yes, it gives a good spot for something else, maybe SPOD/Switch Pros type stuff or a power block to help with battery stuff.

Sponsored

OP
OP
813 Fabrication & Design

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Yes!!!!! Just what I’ve been wanting!
Awesome! Glad you like it. Production will start this coming week, should be about two weeks for cutting, bending and powder coating.

OP
OP
813 Fabrication & Design

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
i haven't measured but i know ill be doing the duel batts here in a year and i think its wider then the factory box but im not sure
Looking at photos from their website it looks like it should work with no issues. I'll do a little more research and see if I can find anyone with the setup to test. Or I may have to buy it and add that to the R&D budget :)

Sponsored

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Looking at photos from their website it looks like it should work with no issues. I'll do a little more research and see if I can find anyone with the setup to test. Or I may have to buy it and add that to the R&D budget :)
If this works with the Genesis dual battery and an SPOD (or something similar) fits on the bracket with the compressor this could be a really cool solution... super clean and functional.

OP
OP
813 Fabrication & Design

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
If this works with the Genesis dual battery and an SPOD (or something similar) fits on the bracket with the compressor this could be a really cool solution... super clean and functional.
Yes, I've looked at the SPOD mounting templates. The Bantam boxes should fit no problem. The larger SE box could fit, may take a little more effort but should still do so. I started to make some different mounting holes for stuff but then thought it better to leave it solid. Since it is aluminum and easy to dill it would be better to not have holes that may get in the way or make it more difficult to mount different stuff. I like that it may be a good spot for an extra power/ground block since it is so close to the battery.

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Yes, I've looked at the SPOD mounting templates. The Bantam boxes should fit no problem. The larger SE box could fit, may take a little more effort but should still do so. I started to make some different mounting holes for stuff but then thought it better to leave it solid. Since it is aluminum and easy to dill it would be better to not have holes that may get in the way or make it more difficult to mount different stuff. I like that it may be a good spot for an extra power/ground block since it is so close to the battery.
Thanks Jeremy, this looks great and agreed on the not drilling too many holes. The one thing that may require some thought depending on the actual width of the bracket is that the SPOD Bantams route accessory feeds from the bottom of the unit up into each side, if the bracket is wider than the SPOD that access would be blocked by the bracket unless it was machined out or drilled out. It *might* make sense to make a version (or provide an option) of a bracket that has mounting holes and access holes for the SPOD Bantam pre-drilled.

Easy for me to say since I'm not doing the engineering or machining. Thanks for putting this together and I realize that there is no way to accommodate all switch options, power blocks, etc.. Just thinking out loud about how I would want to install this but I'm likely in the minority there so take this for what it's worth.

OP
OP
813 Fabrication & Design

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Jeremy, this looks great and agreed on the not drilling too many holes. The one thing that may require some thought depending on the actual width of the bracket is that the SPOD Bantams route accessory feeds from the bottom of the unit up into each side, if the bracket is wider than the SPOD that access would be blocked by the bracket unless it was machined out or drilled out. It *might* make sense to make a version (or provide an option) of a bracket that has mounting holes and access holes for the SPOD Bantam pre-drilled.

Easy for me to say since I'm not doing the engineering or machining. Thanks for putting this together and I realize that there is no way to accommodate all switch options, power blocks, etc.. Just thinking out loud about how I would want to install this but I'm likely in the minority there so take this for what it's worth.
I totally appreciate the feedback, it is always helpful! I think the bigger issue may be that the engine cover bracket that the compressor mount is bolting down to is directly under the mount, so it may also cause an issue if the wires come under the Bantam. I will look at the Bantom some more and see what options there may be.

Space Invader

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Vehicle Showcase
After a few teaser pics, here are the prototype pics finalized. Production will begin next week.
1/8" aluminum with heat shield on bottom. The mounting plate will hold the twin or single ARB compressor. There are at least 4 options for air chuck, switch and air filter placement.

Option 1 setup will have the switch and twin air chuck plate mounted to the front of the compressor plate, with the air filters remaining on the compressor.

Option 2 the air chucks and switch remain on the plate attached to the compressor mount. You would then use the remote air filter fender mount plate to draw cooler air close to the air intake.

Option 3 would be relocating the two air filters to the plate mounted on the front of the compressor mount (using the same twin air chuck/switch plate from options 1 & 2) and use the air chuck/switch remote plate mounted on the fender.

Option 4 would be to relocate both air filters and both air chuck and switch to the fender using both remote fender plates. Doing so, leaves a good size area in front of the compressor for mounting other items.

The compressor plate will have slots located down both sides for zip ties to help with wire and hose management.

My plan is to offer the compressor mount and the three remote switch/filter/air chuck plates. Since there are many options for hoses and fittings, trying to offer a full kit setup will be a little difficult for me to do since I am not an ARB wholesaler. I will put together a few parts lists and recommendations so that the customer can build their own custom setup.

I am test fitting to a non-Rubicon JL this weekend to make sure clearance is good under the hood. I am 99% sure this setup will work on the JL also. On my 2020 JT Rubicon the top shield of the compressor slightly touches the hood liner as you can see from the chalk test photo.

All designs are 813 Fabrication & Design, patent pending.

www.813fabrication.com

Jeep Gladiator Under the hood ARB compressor mount with remote air chuck/rocker switch/air filter relocation brackets. JL-mounted

Jeep Gladiator Under the hood ARB compressor mount with remote air chuck/rocker switch/air filter relocation brackets. JL-mounted

I just want only this one plate. can I get this plate only? how and when can I order it?
Jeep Gladiator Under the hood ARB compressor mount with remote air chuck/rocker switch/air filter relocation brackets. 20201010_170119
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.