Underside / chassis photos of Jeep Gladiator

ClawSS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Sierra, 2010 Camaro. 2009 300C SRT8, 2004 Silverado
I cannot seem to find anything of the underbelly of this beast. I'd like to see some frame/axle shots, wiring and line routing, maybe driveline & exhaust cohabitation.

Did I miss a previous posting from the unveil where someone was able to crawl under and get some shots?
Sponsored

DropW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Kia Sephia , 2007 Vulcan 900

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Back at the LA Show they had a mopar accessorized one . This is the link to a post from then:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...rized-2020-jeep-gladiator-in-sting-gray.8466/
If you scroll about half way down the first page ... from about half way down to 3/4 down are pictures of the underside and suspension of that mopar accessorized one . Its a lot of pictures on that first page .
Yes, we crawled under the Gladiator to try to get the best pics possible. Reposting here for easy reference.

2020-jeep-gladiator-jt-pickup-mopar-accessories-la-auto-show-8-jpg.jpg

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-Truck-Mopar-Accessories-LA-Auto-Show-30.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-Truck-Mopar-Accessories-LA-Auto-Show-31.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-Truck-Mopar-Accessories-LA-Auto-Show-32.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-Truck-Mopar-Accessories-LA-Auto-Show-33.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-Truck-Mopar-Accessories-LA-Auto-Show-34.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-Truck-Mopar-Accessories-LA-Auto-Show-35.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-Truck-Mopar-Accessories-LA-Auto-Show-36.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-Truck-Mopar-Accessories-LA-Auto-Show-40.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-Truck-Mopar-Accessories-LA-Auto-Show-45.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-Truck-Mopar-Accessories-LA-Auto-Show-46.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-Truck-Mopar-Accessories-LA-Auto-Show-47.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-Truck-Mopar-Accessories-LA-Auto-Show-48.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-Truck-Mopar-Accessories-LA-Auto-Show-49.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-Truck-Mopar-Accessories-LA-Auto-Show-50.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-Truck-Mopar-Accessories-LA-Auto-Show-51.jpg

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Also, here's a nice guide put together by Jalopnik.

Let’s start with the rear suspension, because it’s a bit different than that of the JL. Here’s the five-link Jeep truck rear suspension:

ijhbbdpz0zkckfujjzi5.png

Another look at the truck’s control arms from the outside:

wp2zve5eexalkuxeuwpw.png

The Dana 44 axles are essentially the same between the two vehicles, though the control arms, control arm brackets, and spring perches are clearly different, and Jeep told me via email that the JT has added reinforcements to handle trailering loads.

hyk8td6uctenuat2dqqe.png

Here’s a close look at that axle:

nsjux3i5vkb0xbra10kv.png

And from the front looking down the length of the rear driveshaft:

n91fjl1nxfmphkkciwv9.png

Armor. There’s lots of it. The important chunks of steel are the rock rails for the giant rocker panels (this thing’s got a huge wheelbase) and the skid plates for the long belly. And then there are the metal bars on the rear to protect the big overhangs:

ms1e6yl6szcyoplwbbh8.png

Here’s how it ties into the frame:

q2utgciehcv7esnqogkl.png

Here’s another angle:

mxh9qk9of0x3kxijhjus.png

Here’s the rear axle and the rear bumper bar together in one shot; the three silver bolts are fasteners for the bar that protects the bedside:

ygmyrhhcxssg85mumtsj.png

As for the front suspension, it looks the same as that of a JL.

gqbtmj5i00lf2vkkl6hb.png

Much of the front bits is hidden by the belly pan, so here’s a look from the rear:

tmgqqdbz87g0nfyk3s5a.png

And this is a close up glance at the front axle disconnect shared with the JL:

xjuv44jzqxihxebip3yx.png

The skid plating under the belly looks thorough. You can see that in this picture, and you can also see the rock rail mounting provisions on the left:

tpqr8jz4wqyyzxvg3qwy.png

The rock rail mounting locations:

fscxouirhwiqneu2nhkn.png

Below, you’ll see the fuel tank skid on the left, and the transfer case skid on the right:

ofxy6ztguxjddltbfr5u.png

Here’s an up-close view of that transfer case skid. If you peek closely, there’s a single bar that runs under the transmission just in front of the T-case:

tey6lw1oabinl8ilbcrz.png

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Looks like it would be very easy to remove these 4 bolts and put in a bumper step instead of this rear rock guard. Just need to wait for an aftermarket company to come out with that. I really wonder why Jeep did not incorporate bumper steps into the corners of the bumper. Would have been so easy to do and no one would have to sacrifice the corner rock guards in order to have some bumper steps. So many manufacturers have bumper steps built into the corners of their bumpers.

3CED6A03-080E-4EAD-8424-0DDFF5033317.png

5BD1E742-91ED-4649-816B-F853B03BD892.jpeg

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Looks like it would be very easy to remove these 4 bolts and put in a bumper step instead of this rear rock guard. Just need to wait for an aftermarket company to come out with that. I really wonder why Jeep did not incorporate bumper steps into the corners of the bumper. Would have been so easy to do and no one would have to sacrifice the corner rock guards in order to have some bumper steps. So many manufacturers have bumper steps built into the corners of their bumpers.

3CED6A03-080E-4EAD-8424-0DDFF5033317.png

5BD1E742-91ED-4649-816B-F853B03BD892.jpeg
Hopefully they will extend that slider a few more inches to protect the fender while they are at it.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Yes that would do the trick too, could be a rock slider and be a bed step as well. Am certain that if Jeep doesn’t do that then several aftermarket companies will offer this. It looks like there’s many aftermarket companies out there that all offer bed steps. It’s a mystery to me why Jeep didn’t just incorporate this into that rear rock slider.

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'm glad they didn't incorporate a step in to the actual bumper, not a fan of how that looks, but I agree the rocker guard should have doubled as a step. Although, one of the design points Jeep touched on was they intentionally kept the bed lower, to match the body lines from the front. In that case a step wasn't really necessary since it's already more accessible.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
In one of the videos I saw a guy have to take a jump into the bed. If they are not overpriced then I will get one and will wait until some aftermarket company comes up with a bumper step or with a rock guard that will also double as a side step. Should not take too long for aftermarket companies to come out with this.

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
That is from the Jeep Wrangler concept “Africa” truck. No clue why they didn’t do this on the Gladiator.

OP
OP
ClawSS

ClawSS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to all of you for the links and pictures. Totally appreciated!

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
Those locking differentials looks tasty although I hope these will be available for purchase separately because Jeep won't offer it on the Sport base model.

OP
OP
ClawSS

ClawSS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see no reason that AMP can’t develop a set of slider/steps that may do nothing else but take the existing OE slider and put a motor/hinge at the same mounting points.
Sponsored