First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I’m looking for advice; it’s my first Jeep and I want to change rims and make tires a little more aggressive. I have a set of 17” rims with -12 offset picked out... now contemplating going to a 285/70R17 versus the 255/75’s. Does anyone know if there would be any clearance/rubbing issues with stock suspension? At most I only want to do a. Level kit. I’ve already removed the stupid bumper to fender flair filler.
Sponsored

87944turbo

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Just my opinion, but -12 is more than a little aggressive. I am pretty sure your stock wheels have an offset of 44mm. Going to a -12mm is going to push your wheels out 2.2 inches (56mm) from where they are today. I would encourage you to put a tape measure on your truck and see what that looks like.

I say this b/c I had a set of -12s myself that I later sold and went with Rubicon take offs (285/70/17). For me, the take offs were a better mid-aggressive solution. I think the -12s look amazing, but I just wasn't ready for the mud/dirt down the side of my truck all the time. Maybe a few years from now, I'll feel differently, who knows, just my 2 cents.

OP
OP

JCForauer

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Thanks for the advice 87944turbo; I’ll definitely get a measurement to visualize. I’ve found some rubicon take offs but all are wanting way more then what I can build with aftermarket for.

87944turbo

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Cool, yeah if you can come out ahead money wise on the -12s, that's definitely something to consider.

For me it was coming out more for doing the -12s and tires. Although I got a good deal on the wheels, I found the tires I wanted in the 285/70/17 size were a lot more that I expected, running $250 - $300 each. The take offs I got were 1K, so it was kind of like getting the wheels for free if you wanted to look at it that way. I even made a little money back when I sold the -12s, so it was all good.
Sponsored