First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
Ever had to replace a starter or at least the contacts on an old 4R or Tacoma? 26" worth of socket extensions to go through the bumper to get the front bolt out. Bend your hand and wrist into a pretzel to get to #2... after you've removed the tire and fender liner.
Sponsored

Kirk*Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Jeep Mojave/toyota camry
Doesn't look much different than the current gen taco in my opinion. If they up the power to 300+hp and fix the seating position it may catch my attention

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It actually looks nice. Unlike the new Tundra which is hideous.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
I have no idea what's going on with Toyota's designers but they're making some ugly stuff these days. The new Tundra is hideous and this looks like they tried to one up themselves. I guess it's design to the American market because most trucks are going the ugly as shit route these days.

When someone says the Gladiator is ugly as shit, it just reinforces how good the thing looks.

Sponsored

chesafreak

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad
no removable top and doors = no competition for me... If the gladiator was never produced, I would be in a fullsize. Now if Ford put a bed on a Bronco I would have some decisions to make on my next purchase.

TwelveSoldier

First Name
J T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator and Wrangler
What I like most about the Toyota's are the rear roll down windows. I wish Jeep would've done this for the Gladiator. I would take a fixed roof with removable panels, doors, and a rear roll down window. Since it's wishing time, also an Inline 6 as a hybrid.

Closet Jeep guy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd gen tacoma
What I like most about the Toyota's are the rear roll down windows. I wish Jeep would've done this for the Gladiator. I would take a fixed roof with removable panels, doors, and a rear roll down window. Since it's wishing time, also an Inline 6 as a hybrid.
Tacomas don't have that , 4runner and Tundras I think are the only ones

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
Take every current model truck and paint it into a black silhouette and put them all onto a poster board and they're all basically the same looking....except for one.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Where’s the competition?

Sponsored

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Haha that looks like that last 'refresh'. By that I mean the cab looks the same again, leading me to think it is just another half assed update like the 2016 joke that gave us a total pile of junk power train with basic body line changes to the same truck underneath. These trucks have had vibration issues since the 2005 release because they've used the same rear end/drive shaft combo and the same front diff/axle and suspension combo. My 2009 was a vibrator basically, Toyota changed all kinds of parts and eventually said there was nothing wrong when they couldn't fix it. My 2018 had no vibrations but the powertrain was a complete pile of shit that upset often. Fingers crossed they didn't shit the bed again.

I loved the look of both my Tacoma's but overall they weren't great trucks and the service was terrible at any dealership.

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Doesn't look much different than the current gen taco in my opinion. If they up the power to 300+hp and fix the seating position it may catch my attention
Seating won't change in the same cab sadly

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Take every current model truck and paint it into a black silhouette and put them all onto a poster board and they're all basically the same looking....except for one.
Do that with the 70's-80's trucks and one from the early 2020s. Other than the extended cab/short bed the JT will fit right in. Best damn looking truck in many years, which is why I had to have one.

I guess Jeep's minimal body style changes over the years made the JT retro styled in the truck world. If ford or chevy did a retro styled pickup...they'd take over the consumer truck market overnight.

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
the 2016 joke that gave us a total pile of junk power train with basic body line changes to the same truck underneath. My 2018 had no vibrations but the powertrain was a complete pile of shit that upset often.
The 2.7 is a bulletproof engine that has few issues and lasts forever. Toyota pickups since inception are best with 4 cylinders, 5 speeds, and 4wd. I always heard guys tales of woe and regret when buying the 3.5. I had a guy at a gas station in late 2015 (both with our newly ordered/received 2016s) ask me what mileage I got, I told him 24mpg and he said he got about half what he was supposed to get with the V6. They might be down on power but I never had an issue with it. Loved that truck.
Sponsored