First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Where do I begin:

• Told me for two days they were “diagnosing my vehicle”
  • Repairs included a broken rear belt, rear door latch, loose speaker grill, etc.
  • No repairs were performed because they had an “issue talking to the computer” which they blamed on my Rockslide engineering side steps wire they found under the vehicle
  • Told me I needed a $600 diagnostic to figure out how my aftermarket parts are not allowing their scanner to work
  • Called me 20 minutes before pickup and told me that they didn’t do anything and that I would have to pay the money for them to do a diagnostic
They refused to let me speak to the mechanic. Instead, when I called their BS, the service manager Alex impersonated the GM, and then finally when I offered to video tape his “GM” position and his explanation threw me out of the dealership and didn’t even make me sign release papers for my vehicle.

I’m actually speechless right now. I have never experienced this type of scam first hand. I can only imagine what they would do to someone not knowledgeable about cars.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Where do I begin:

• Told me for two days they were “diagnosing my vehicle”
  • Repairs included a broken rear belt, rear door latch, loose speaker grill, etc.
  • No repairs were performed because they had an “issue talking to the computer” which they blamed on my Rockslide engineering side steps wire they found under the vehicle
  • Told me I needed a $600 diagnostic to figure out how my aftermarket parts are not allowing their scanner to work
  • Called me 20 minutes before pickup and told me that they didn’t do anything and that I would have to pay the money for them to do a diagnostic
They refused to let me speak to the mechanic. Instead, when I called their BS, the service manager Alex impersonated the GM, and then finally when I offered to video tape his “GM” position and his explanation threw me out of the dealership and didn’t even make me sign release papers for my vehicle.

I’m actually speechless right now. I have never experienced this type of scam first hand. I can only imagine what they would do to someone not knowledgeable about cars.
I almost forgot to add. They wrote up the service logs as if I denied the repairs. @JeepCares can you please help?

I never refused repairs or diagnostics. This is an abject lie.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Why would they need to "diagnose" the simple and obvious mechanical only repairs? (A latch, belt, etc)

Sponsored

OP
OP

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Why would they need to "diagnose" the simple and obvious mechanical only repairs? (A latch, belt, etc)
Because that is how they defraud Chrysler Corporate to increase their revenues. I’m sure they billed all the “diagnostic” time.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Yikes. I’m under the impression that California CDJR dealers have the lowest rate of being... not shitty. Luckily I live in Texas near a good dealership.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Yikes. I’m under the impression that California CDJR dealers have the lowest rate of being... not shitty. Luckily I live in Texas near a good dealership.
My first Jeep, a Grand Cherokee, 25 years ago to today... I have NEVER had a dealer experience like this before in my life.

Shady is one thing... don’t try to scam customers outright.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
Since you claim to be the smartest guy in the room at the offending dealership, just find another servicing dealer to get your work done. Get your vehicle fixed first elsewhere and then circle back around for the pound of flesh you want.

2019unlimitedmoab

First Name
2019jeepmoab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited moab
Los Angeles Chrysler Dodge Jeep...

Problem #1 is trying to defraud someone who A) knows cars better than their master tech and B) Is a litigation expert witness for fraud.
Try Glenn E. Thomas Jeep in Signal Hill. They have been top notch on all my cars(trackhawk, unlimited moab,.etc). Visit and ask good guy name "Frank ". He will take care of you!

OP
OP

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Yesterday the “owner” Sean called me.

After I identified myself, before I could speak, he screamed at me that I am never allowed in his dealership again.

It’s clearly the tone at the top. The owner is an animal, and he hires animals to work for him.

Clearly he condones Service Managers impersonating General Managers...

But this is an indicator to me... that I caught them in their scam. I started seeing others reviews... Charge Chrysler for two days of “diagnostics” which they clearly never did. Then also try to get the customer for another $600. Plus unnecessary repairs after that. That’s quite the potential fraudulent racket.
Sponsored