Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
FCA recently held dealer meetings with their Jeep dealers and one of the biggest pieces of news to come out of the meetings is that the Jeep Gladiator pickup truck should be in Jeep showrooms by April 2019! This is an earlier timetable than the originally anticipated. The Toledo South plant, which produced the JK Wrangler, has already been shutdown and is being retooled for production of the Jeep pickup.

2019-jeep-pickup-truck-4-jpg.jpg

Jeep Wrangler pickup should be in stores by April 2019, dealers hear

Fiat Chrysler dealers learned in their make meeting Friday that the long anticipated Jeep Wrangler-based pickup the automaker is working on should be in their showrooms by next April.

The small product detail was "the only thing new" in a one-hour make meeting, dealers said after the meeting, which otherwise was made up of a recap of 2017 sales results and largely optimistic projections for 2018 sales, dealers said.

FCA's U.S. sales have declined for 18 consecutive months through February, in large part because the automaker had dramatically reduced its fleet sales for most of last year. In 2017, FCA US sales dropped 8.2 percent to 2,059,376 vehicles, and are off another 6.8 percent through the first two months of 2018.

Dealers after the meeting said Reid Bigland, head of U.S. sales for FCA, told them "economic conditions are good" for sales growth in 2018, especially given increased availability for the Jeep Wrangler and Ram 1500 pickup. Both vehicles were recently redesigned, while the next-generation Ram 1500 is being marketed in U.S. dealerships along with the previous generation of the pickup, which FCA says will remain in production at least through the end of this year as a way to protect the residual values of its more expensive updated offering.

The Wrangler-based pickup, which earlier was believed to carry the Gladiator nameplate, is scheduled to go into production in the fourth quarter of 2018.

Dealers after the meeting said that Bigland was asked about struggling Fiat dealerships, and said he told the dealers that he sympathized because small-car segments are especially tough right now because of consumer interests in larger vehicles.

An FCA spokesman declined to comment after the meeting.

Source: Automotive News
Sponsored

Last edited:

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
This has made my weekend. Thank you Jay for spreading a little uplifting information. This is going to be a crazy, exciting, informational year ahead of us, and I'm looking forward to experiencing it all with all of you.

Sponsored

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
April fools is still a week away. Why would you do this to us?

Thank you for the update, and the new pic for the homepage.

TXmotoXGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Hemi Durango
Agreed. One year for the possibility of a perfect vehicle is worth the wait. Just need FCA to confirm the manual transmission for the Gladiator... :fingerscrossed:

Already planted a seed in the wife’s head we need a Jeep. Glad we didn’t pull the trigger on a JLU.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
"The Wrangler-based pickup, which earlier was believed to carry the Gladiator nameplate, is scheduled to go into production in the fourth quarter of 2018."

does that hint that it might be named something else?

Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Possibly. I do recall a previous article saying that FCA had not made a final decision on the name.

Gladiator is the most logical name, although I suspect that Gladiator would be a better "fit" in the lineup. Gladiator might also come across as a bit juvenile in this day and age. And given that FCA won't want to cannibalize Ram sales, there's no reason to save the Gladiator nameplate for a future half ton.

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
Possibly. I do recall a previous article saying that FCA had not made a final decision on the name.

Gladiator is the most logical name, although I suspect that Gladiator would be a better "fit" in the lineup. Gladiator might also come across as a bit juvenile in this day and age. And given that FCA won't want to cannibalize Ram sales, there's no reason to save the Gladiator nameplate for a future half ton.
Hmmmm.... has there been a poll as far as what name we future purchasers of said vehicle would like?

Since you said the word cannibalize I thought that the name Cannibal would be appropriate as this truck will eat all the others for lunch.

propkillr

First Name
Howell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jk
Brachium eius and a crus
I can't afford a arm and a leg so if it's that bad, my 18 jk will get a face lift for a lot less. one would think selling to the people that made jeep what it is would be better then to sell to those that want yard art!

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
I can't afford a arm and a leg so if it's that bad, my 18 jk will get a face lift for a lot less. one would think selling to the people that made jeep what it is would be better then to sell to those that want yard art!
All honesty, no-one knows. I would say my personal conservative opinion is starting low to mid 40k to start.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Ok, don't take this wrong-
I'm with you, but the combination of your "yard art" comment along with your avatar (your Jeep in your front yard) just makes for great irony...
Sponsored