Sponsored

UPDATE:Shutdown-JT Order-Strike

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
The shutdown to retool for the hybrid engine has been moved up. We will now be shutdown April 18th to May 13th. (Subject to change)
We are working 7 days a week until then.

The Government order for just over 7k JT's has been verified. These 7k units must be built before any can be sold to public consumers. JT is going to go on a critical launch mandatory 7 days a week for up to 3 months if needed to complete orders. No announcement on when the launch will start. Rumor is 2-3 weeks.

Some of you know that this is the last year of our contract. If you have heard anything that happened during the last contract then you know there was a lot of corruption with both FCA and UAW. Some people have went to prison and some are still being investigated. There is a lot more to it but to much to explain. UAW has increased the strike fund and we all have been told to put some extra money away because it's very likely that we will be striking. Negotiations don't start until end of summer.

I personally hope that we don't strike but we are not going to let FCA continue taking things away from us.
Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Hopefully, the matter will be resolved before any strike action . . . Good luck!

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So what kind of things are they taking away, and why would a strike benefit with the success of the JL and the profit sharing stuff you posted? Why would jeopardizing the launch be of benefit?

I worked as a reliability engineer in the auto world for a long time (20yrs), and tried to stay impartial with UAW stuff as I worked on the floor a lot in conjunction with hourly workers and enjoyed this part of my job a lot, but saw a lot of good and bad stuff with the UAW as well.

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Jt job 1 cars are scheduled for April 1.....

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
The strike wouldn't really affect the jl or the production of it.... If and it does happen which i doubt people who ordered their jls online or through a dealer might be a little delayed but thats about it.... Would affect jt more than anything

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Hope all goes well during negotiations, always a unsettling time but have to stay strong and fight for what is right and deserved!

We just got our new contract last fall, worked a year without one while the company was in the courts for bankruptcy and restructuring and when the tariff came into play it got little worrisome

From us up here USW 2251 good luck!

55F1C07B-972A-4486-97F4-DFF18C87F292.jpeg

Papi4baby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Not a union guy, but im rooting for you OP. I struggled with the gov shutdown it sucked.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Strikes are a great way to upset your customers. This will jack prices up for the end user, delays schedules, ...and to what end? Just a thought.

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Strikes are a great way to upset your customers. This will jack prices up for the end user, delays schedules, ...and to what end? Just a thought.
No one wants to ever strike, but sometimes itā€™s needed when to company is trying to impose a poor contract or ask for recessions when not needed
While we were under bankruptcy protection, the company tried forcing a contract. The contract purposed a 10% pay cut, no longer support our retirees that are in need of expensive prescriptions and have gone over their lifetime max (steel industry has a lot of illnesses involved) just as an example of some of the things they tried taking away. We responded back with a 98% strike vote, it sent the message we werenā€™t going to stand for that

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
With the future shutdown for retooling, how will this JL production? Just curious because I placed my order 3/8.

Where I work, if there's a strike the President himself steps in to resolve the issue to avoid any major economic impact. Agreement employees at my work worked for an additional 4 or 5 years (I think) after their contract had expired before it came to a resolution. Although I'm non-agreememt, I wish you the best. I just hope the possibility of a strike doesn't affect the quality of the product.

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Carlton.... Idk if anything they will push back the apr 1st date (the trucks we start building for the public) to build the governments order

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
...or ask for recessions when not needed...
So Iā€™ll start by saying I used to be on the other side of the fence (non-managerial) (still wasnā€™t a part of a union even then) but you made the comment ā€œor ask for recessions when not neededā€.

That being said, and Iā€™m just trying to understand you here, how do you specifically know what is or is not needed for your company?