Upgraded to Fox 2.0 Remote on Max Tow

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Going from stock Max tow shocks, to Rubi Fox, and now to Fox 2.0 remote reservoirs.

All I can say is wow, what a difference. Stock for the ride was plush and soft, with Rubi Fox, the ride was stiffer (not in a bad way) but I got a lot of see-saw action. I was not a fan of that and that’s the main reason why I decided to spend the money to upgrade.

Now, I was going to get the regular 2.0’s but after a lot of research, they are probably marginally better than the Rubicon shocks.
Which comes to the 2.0 remote reservoirs. These feel really good. The best of both worlds to be honest. A very planted feel but in a soft and stable way if that makes sense.

Plus, I purchased from Accutune and had it custom tuned for my purposes and weight on my truck. Very happy and can’t wait until I get the rears in a few weeks.
Jeep Gladiator Upgraded to Fox 2.0 Remote on Max Tow CCACFEB0-3844-4F86-B7F1-D74C4F7FD7B6

Jeep Gladiator Upgraded to Fox 2.0 Remote on Max Tow 548926B6-0E6D-4959-A4F0-9E7705966698

Jeep Gladiator Upgraded to Fox 2.0 Remote on Max Tow 6FFFE3CF-162B-4F14-9390-07C5ABAF5997
Sponsored

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
What suspension are you running? And is that Metalcloak steering?

OP
OP
tonywin

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
What suspension are you running? And is that Metalcloak steering?
Correct. Metal cloak steering upgrade along with their trackbar. Currently have the 2” AEV spacers but looking for springs that will give the same lift height.

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
Right on. Did you call and speak with someone at Accutune or just do the online thing?

OP
OP
tonywin

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Right on. Did you call and speak with someone at Accutune or just do the online thing?
I called in and spoke to John. He had me measure some parameters to give me the proper shocks. I also explained what my uses and modifications were and he set me up from there. Highly recommend.

Sponsored

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR; 1998 Mercedes SL600
Congrats! Mine came in from Accutune last Friday and plan on installing them this week or weekend. I have spacers now, but my Clayton 2.5" Overland Plus lift is coming this week and will be installed next week. I want to run the shocks for a couple of days to see if there's really a difference before the lift is installed.

I'm glad to hear you like them. Can't wait to see what difference they make.

OP
OP
tonywin

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Congrats! Mine came in from Accutune last Friday and plan on installing them this week or weekend. I have spacers now, but my Clayton 2.5" Overland Plus lift is coming this week and will be installed next week. I want to run the shocks for a couple of days to see if there's really a difference before the lift is installed.

I'm glad to hear you like them. Can't wait to see what difference they make.
I currently have AEV 2” spacers. I may purchase the Clayton 2.5” lift coils since I have everything else already. Did they recommend these shocks for you?

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I currently have AEV 2” spacers. I may purchase the Clayton 2.5” lift coils since I have everything else already. Did they recommend these shocks for you?
They recommend the 2.0 Performance IFP's (without the reservoir) or Falcon's. I was originally going to go with the Falcon 3.3's but they were on forever backorder.

Like you, I didn't feel the 2.0 Performance IFP's would be a huge upgrade to my Rubicon Fox shocks. Plus, the 2.0 Performance IFP's are not customizable or rebuildable. So your half way to the price of the reservoirs for a set that are basically throwaways. I looked at the Fox 2.5's as well, but they were way too much for my needs or for me to justify. The 2.0 Performance Reservoir's seem to be a good compromise. What pushed me over the edge was the ability to order them custom tuned from Accutune.

I asked Clayton and they said they thought these would be a great choice.

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got mine installed last night. Pretty easy process.

If you haven't done the backs yet, note that they come fully extended so you'll need to droop the suspension on each side to install a little easier. Mie was made more difficult due to the fact that I'm only running a 3/4" spacer in the back. Full droop and a little effort it goes pretty fast.

I agree with your assessment of the ride quality. Overall, the new shocks are much smoother over smaller bumps and expansion joint type bumps, but not what I'd call soft. Kind of just right. You really don’t notice the small bumps, but having driven over them since I bought the truck, you do notice that they are not noticeable now. On the harder bumps, like potholes, I didn't think there was as dramatic a difference, but the truck felt more stable with significantly less reverberation in the suspension. Cornering seems flatter with a little less body roll than before.

OP
OP
tonywin

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
That's awesome. I'm in exactly the same boat you are. I'm going to give Clayton a call about their springs.

Great to hear about your install. I'm still waiting for my rears, I think those will make the biggest difference. Thanks for the tip for the rear install as well. Do you have pictures of the rears installed?

Sponsored

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's awesome. I'm in exactly the same boat you are. I'm going to give Clayton a call about their springs.

Great to hear about your install. I'm still waiting for my rears, I think those will make the biggest difference. Thanks for the tip for the rear install as well. Do you have pictures of the rears installed?
I have one pic of the rear, but test drove it on a muddy dirt road and it's hard to see them. I'll try to get the truck washed and take a better pic.

One small disappointment I have is that when you mount them the way they tell you, it's really hard to see the reservoir on the rear. The instructions tell you to mount them towards the front of the truck and which puts the reservoir lower on the shock so it's obscured by the tire. Not a big deal because I bout them for the performance (ok, and the looks), but they don't have the look of the Mojave's where the reservoir in mounted higher on the shock mount. Not sure if it's worth exploring other options for mounting the reservoir, but it's not for me at this time anyway.

I posted some additional details in my original post on the shocks in case anyone is looking into these in the future.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-2-0-remote-reservoir-shock.54783/post-918068

20220317_103847.jpg

20220317_103837.jpg

OP
OP
tonywin

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have one pic of the rear, but test drove it on a muddy dirt road and it's hard to see them. I'll try to get the truck washed and take a better pic.

One small disappointment I have is that when you mount them the way they tell you, it's really hard to see the reservoir on the rear. The instructions tell you to mount them towards the front of the truck and which puts the reservoir lower on the shock so it's obscured by the tire. Not a big deal because I bout them for the performance (ok, and the looks), but they don't have the look of the Mojave's where the reservoir in mounted higher on the shock mount. Not sure if it's worth exploring other options for mounting the reservoir, but it's not for me at this time anyway.

I posted some additional details in my original post on the shocks in case anyone is looking into these in the future.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-2-0-remote-reservoir-shock.54783/post-918068

Jeep Gladiator Upgraded to Fox 2.0 Remote on Max Tow 20220317_103837

Jeep Gladiator Upgraded to Fox 2.0 Remote on Max Tow 20220317_103837
Thanks for the pictures! In regards to the front, the bracket should be flipped the way you did it. In the booklet, it says the bend should be towards the rear for 2.0's. You did it right.

It is a little unfortunate about the reservoirs for the rears. I was hoping it would look similar to the 2.5's. I wonder if the rears can be either L or R. If they are, it would flip the reservoirs to the top? But like you said, function > form. Your truck looks great.

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the pictures! In regards to the front, the bracket should be flipped the way you did it. In the booklet, it says the bend should be towards the rear for 2.0's. You did it right.

It is a little unfortunate about the reservoirs for the rears. I was hoping it would look similar to the 2.5's. I wonder if the rears can be either L or R. If they are, it would flip the reservoirs to the top? But like you said, function > form. Your truck looks great.
They can be either Left or Right depending on how you install the reservoir mounting bracket. It looks like there's room to flip them around so they could face towards the back, but I'm not sure if that would impact performance or cause rubbing or other clearance issues. Either way, I think they'll still be to low to be visible like the 2.5's.

OP
OP
tonywin

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Had my rears on for a couple weeks so far and I absolutely love these shocks. The truck rides very well overall. For daily driving it feels great and absorbs any bumps it goes through. Highly recommend if Fox 2.5’s are out of budget.

C147B34C-02A4-4E15-9A27-0B17A8F45979.jpeg

59A8908A-62E6-41F7-9A14-E57645386A05.jpeg
Sponsored