Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
Hi,

We upgraded from our Soft-Top RTT (23zero) to the iKamper 2.0 - sits over the cab well and I *believe* we are getting slightly better MPG this one vs the soft.
The 23Zero tent had a significantly better mattress than the iKamper, and I am disappointed that a $4,000 tent 'requires' me to spend $500 on a new mattress but c'est la vie.

We're taking it out next weekend, will report back on how it does.

One thing I did not realize was how much longer the iKamper is over the 23Zero 72" - fortunately, I have the tent over the cab so it's not a big deal.

tempImageCFVBWS.jpg

tempImageeADAp0.png

tempImage5MzhEf.png
Sponsored

Mr.Wiggles

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
How are you mounting it, what rack? Is that the full ikamper or the mini?

OP
OP
NHyde

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Good stuff, subbed. Which mattress did you end up going with?
I purchased 2 expeds, they’re great. Add some time to setup/takedown but it seems worth it and most of the time is passive.

How are you mounting it, what rack? Is that the full ikamper or the mini?
JCR Full-Height Rack with my own mod to extend over the cab, JCR now sells their own extensions too for $100.

This is the full IKamper 2.0

SFCGator

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
multimedia production
I just purchased a 2021 Gladiator Hugh Altitude. I have a iKamper 2.0 that I expect to put to mount on the Fab Fours Overland Rack I have ordered but not here yet. I'm concerned that I may not be able to remove the tops from the Gladiator with the rack and roof top tent. Anyone with experienced tips or trick?

Sponsored

OP
OP
NHyde

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
I just purchased a 2021 Gladiator Hugh Altitude. I have a iKamper 2.0 that I expect to put to mount on the Fab Fours Overland Rack I have ordered but not here yet. I'm concerned that I may not be able to remove the tops from the Gladiator with the rack and roof top tent. Anyone with experienced tips or trick?
You can remove the front panels but you’re not removing the back unless you’re hyper careful and having the overhang go over the tailgate

SFCGator

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
multimedia production
You can remove the front panels but you’re not removing the back unless you’re hyper careful and having the overhang go over the tailgate
Which bed rack are you using? I chose the Fab Fours because I though it gave me enough room to move the back window and top.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think it would be possible to mount the tent backwards? My reason is because I am building another trailer, and I just ordered the OVS 270 passenger side awning and don't want the tent to open over the awning. I'd like the tent to unfold towards the driver's side, if possible.
Sponsored