First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Developer
edit: apologies if this is in the wrong section, I’m realizing I maybe misunderstood “staging area”. If the mods can move this thread, please feel free. :facepalm: ...and now I found the thread here, guess this isn't a new idea! https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...n-sport-s-and-rubicon-suspension.17918/page-6

Hey y'all! Drove my Sport S off the lot just two months ago, and already feeling like I've got the itch to do some work on this and take it on the trail.

I started getting pretty overwhelmed with all the equipment I need to buy just to get 35" tires on this thing, but then I got the advice that it might be pretty easy to find a shop or someone that upgraded their Rubicon and just has a junk bin of cheap or even free take off parts otherwise headed for a landfill. Has anyone else done this?

For take-offs I guess I would need:
- JTR suspension (springs, shocks, sway bar links, control arms, right?)
- JTR or JLR front fenders (maybe JTR rear fenders, JTR front bumper?)
- JTR rock sliders
- Stock rubicon wheels (presumably these will hit the wallet more than the others)

Then I would just get 35" tires and a 2" spacer lift online.

What do you think? Will it work? Know anyone in the Chicago area have any of these that they're trying to get rid of?
Sponsored

Last edited:

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
I got a pair of the JTR rock sliders off of craigslist for $100. I knew it was too good to be true . That was last November. Keep looking.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
No and no. You can fit 35s stock on Sports with a little flair trimming. All you need from Rubicon take offs is shocks and springs. Every other part Is the same. Don’t need front bumper or flairs either. I would buy other wheels instead of Rubicon unless they were dirt cheap. You shouldn’t spend over 300 on Fox Shocks\Springs. Then buy an inch and half or 2 inch space.

Icecreamtruck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Substation Mechanic
Did you ever find the parts for your build? I know a guy (me) looking to sell some Rubicon takeoff wheels/tires, sliders, and shocks/springs, all taken off around 1k miles
Sponsored