Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Scrolling through and even searching... I don't see that anyone has done it yet.

Has anyone added an aftermarket seat to their JT with Bolsters and general comfort improvements? Is that possible with heated seats?

Similarly, how tricky is getting a "performance" steering wheel that has all of the JT controls on it. I imagine its a case of waiting for the Mojave steering wheel to get a replacement part.
Sponsored

Advguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel, '19 Volvo XC40
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Scrolling through and even searching... I don't see that anyone has done it yet.

Has anyone added an aftermarket seat to their JT with Bolsters and general comfort improvements? Is that possible with heated seats?

Similarly, how tricky is getting a "performance" steering wheel that has all of the JT controls on it. I imagine its a case of waiting for the Mojave steering wheel to get a replacement part.
I'm also curious about the mojave hood and seats. Just ordered a 2021 Overland diesel.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Mojave wheel is the exact same as the other leather wheels but it's perforated instead of solid leather. IMO perforated is fine for a daily but it will gather dirt and crud quickly if you go off road in any way that has you in and out of the truck working through a trail. Cleaning out those little holes is a huge pain in the ass.

For seats you'll need to stay stock or you lose the airbags. Dunno if Mojave will have better seats but I'm doubtful - they look identical to the Rubicon.

No matter what you need, swapping in stock parts from the Mojave will always be an option - it's all a matter of how deep your pockets are.

Reactions: mog

nabegg

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Toyota Avalon
Occupation
Supervisor
Sorry for the slight hijacking of the topic but are there options for lumbar support for the front passenger seat?

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Mojave wheel is the exact same as the other leather wheels but it's perforated instead of solid leather. IMO perforated is fine for a daily but it will gather dirt and crud quickly if you go off road in any way that has you in and out of the truck working through a trail. Cleaning out those little holes is a huge pain in the ass.

For seats you'll need to stay stock or you lose the airbags. Dunno if Mojave will have better seats but I'm doubtful - they look identical to the Rubicon.

No matter what you need, swapping in stock parts from the Mojave will always be an option - it's all a matter of how deep your pockets are.
i just drive a Mojave yesterday... the wheel has bulges at 10 & 2... but not really that amazing. Similarly, Mojave’s seats have “bolsters”... slightly extended wings to keep you from rocking it if turn... again not much different than the standard seat.

I don’t feel the need to get the Mojave’s just for those two incremental upgrades. Shocks, coils and wheels/tires gets me the quality improvements I want.

Sponsored

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon Launch Edition Granite Crystal
Occupation
Self employed
I just upgraded my steering wheel to the Mojave tonight.

Jeep Gladiator Upgrading Steering Wheel or Seats to Mojave style C08EFF0C-7019-4DBB-B2A2-F09AC9395D3F

Jeep Gladiator Upgrading Steering Wheel or Seats to Mojave style C08EFF0C-7019-4DBB-B2A2-F09AC9395D3F

very nice look. im thinkong about the same but with a 392 wheel to have also the shifter paddle. could be amazing.
Congratulations i really love the result

friskeljr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Air Force
very nice look. im thinkong about the same but with a 392 wheel to have also the shifter paddle. could be amazing.
Congratulations i really love the result
im curious how difficult the shifter paddles would be to make work with the gladiators

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Mojave wheel is the exact same as the other leather wheels but it's perforated instead of solid leather.
It isn't the same. It's thicker, especially at the thumb pads.

Jeep Gladiator Upgrading Steering Wheel or Seats to Mojave style 74d10c7f-eae5-4acd-a04a-9f1b3120d19d-jpe

Jeep Gladiator Upgrading Steering Wheel or Seats to Mojave style {filename}

As for the seats, Mojave have additional bolstering.

Here is how Jeep describe the differences:

DISTINCTLY STUNNING
The Gladiator Mojave enhances interior comfort with available leather-trimmed seats that feature premium bolsters to help keep you in place, a competition-inspired steering wheel and orange accent stitching for eye-catching detail.

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon Launch Edition Granite Crystal
Occupation
Self employed
im curious how difficult the shifter paddles would be to make work with the gladiators
honestly i dont know.... in my mind... maybe im living in the unicorn world about this mod but im pretty sure its only about connecting the paddle on the gearbox... if it works with the shifting know when youre in M instead of D it doesnt seems super complicated... but again im a newbee and maybe i doesnt have the full picture bout that. hope some very qualified and talented guys will gives us their point of view

Sponsored

Blkout50

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
honestly i dont know.... in my mind... maybe im living in the unicorn world about this mod but im pretty sure its only about connecting the paddle on the gearbox... if it works with the shifting know when youre in M instead of D it doesnt seems super complicated... but again im a newbee and maybe i doesnt have the full picture bout that. hope some very qualified and talented guys will gives us their point of view
Not sure what it would take to add the paddle shifter sheering wheel to a Gladiator. I wished I had access to the Gladiator wiring schematics.

I did add a heated Raptor paddle shifter steering wheel to my wife’s F150 XLT. I had to change out the clock spring (mostly for the heated steering wheel) and add three wires (up shift, down shift and a ground) for the paddle shifters.

Reactions: Dim

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
Not sure what it would take to add the paddle shifter sheering wheel to a Gladiator. I wished I had access to the Gladiator wiring schematics.

I did add a heated Raptor paddle shifter steering wheel to my wife’s F150 XLT. I had to change out the clock spring (mostly for the heated steering wheel) and add three wires (up shift, down shift and a ground) for the paddle shifters.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/392-steering-wheel-retrofit.53314/

Blkout50

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
Already seen that thread.

My point was on my wife’s F150 XLT all I had to do was add three wires and tap into the manual shift side wiring to get the Raptor paddle shifters to work. Basically tricked where the signal was coming from to trigger the up and down shifts. I didn’t need to do any programming to the BCM.

My brother did the same thing in his F450 with a Raptor steering wheel too. It looks/works great!

My point by linking the thread was that you don't need to run any wires, it is a simple reprogramming once you install the hardware. Or do you prefer running the wires over the reprograming?

Blkout50

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
My brother did the same thing in his F450 with a Raptor steering wheel too. It looks/works great!

My point by linking the thread was that you don't need to run any wires, it is a simple reprogramming once you install the hardware. Or do you prefer running the wires over the reprograming?
The three wire harness had to be added since it was not included from the factory. I had no choice. Programming was not required for the install, just the wire harness.
Sponsored

Last edited: