Sponsored

USB options..

Mallai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S 2019 KTM 1290 R 2018 KTM 300 XC-W
Is the media hub on the dash the only option for plugging in my phone?..I don't want to see any hanging cables if possible..Any thoughts?
Sponsored

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
There's a USB in the center console.
I used that one for like a week and the only time CarPlay would sketch out was on that outlet. Does anyone else have that issue?

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I used that one for like a week and the only time CarPlay would sketch out was on that outlet. Does anyone else have that issue?
I had issues in the beginning, but it turned out to be a problem with the cable. New USB cable and no problems in the last three months.

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
My android auto will only work from the dash usb. It will not work from the console plug and this is very disappointing. It seems like this was the purpose of the console plug but it failed miserably.

akdare

First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman
CarPlay works perfectly from the console USB for me. Get an Anker cable...

gsxr310

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR & JTR
This happened to me as well. The problem I had was an aftermarket charge cable. Switched to the OEM cable and NO problems since!

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I keep my phone in the cup holder so I use the USB in the center console for Car Play and have had no issues using my aftermarket cable. I got a black one since it blends in better than the white Apple one.

Sponsored

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
My android auto will only work from the dash usb. It will not work from the console plug and this is very disappointing. It seems like this was the purpose of the console plug but it failed miserably.
Interesting - My GF has android phone and same issue with her JL only dash USB - I have Iphone and can use either console or dash USB for Car play in the JL or the JT

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
This happened to me as well. The problem I had was an aftermarket charge cable. Switched to the OEM cable and NO problems since!
Sales person said "use the cable that came with your phone and the port in the console". That's when I was looking at the Sport S and no nav. Then my wife insisted we get the Overland with the bigger screen and NAV instead, but more than once he said "cable that came with your phone" and "console port". So - maybe something he learned in training - these guys can go to classes to learn these things.

ih800a

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator RLE, 1970 International Scout 800A
Vehicle Showcase
Twice now on long trips, CarPlay disconnects from my phone after about 3 hours when connected to the center console (iPhone, Apple cable). If I unplug and replug in the center console, nothing happens. If I use the dash connection, it's fine for more than 3 hours at a time. I'll test this again on the way back from Turkey Day with a different cable (Anker) and report back.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't have to be the OEM cable, but it needs to be a good quality cable. I use Omaker and Anker cables. I use an older Omaker cable with a mini to USB-C adapter connected in the center console. It works well, and no issues with Android Auto or disconnects. The original generic cables I had been using in my other truck caused multiple issues leading me to think my phone wasn't compatible with Uconnect. I dug one of my older Omaker spares out of the Nissan car and all the problems went away.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't have to be the OEM cable, but it needs to be a good quality cable. I use Omaker and Anker cables. I use an older Omaker cable with a mini to USB-C adapter connected in the center console. It works well, and no issues with Android Auto or disconnects. The original generic cables I had been using in my other truck caused multiple issues leading me to think my phone wasn't compatible with Uconnect. I dug one of my older Omaker spares out of the Nissan car and all the problems went away.
True but it's a lot easier to say "mfgr supplied" than try to explain the $4 cable from amazon isn't a great choice.
with all the crap cables being sold it's a whole lot safer and easier to specify a cable then to explain
sorry, folks - your definition of quality just doesn't cut it.
BUT I paid 10 bucks for it!
Too bad, that doesn't mean squat - you were ripped off.
For a company or dealer to list out the "quality cables" - which can change tomorrow, no wonder they specific "original cable".
I've found a big difference even in the cables supplied with devices over the years. We all know where these are made and how many millions are made a year.
On the other hand - it's great when owners can attest to the quality and/or good luck they'd had with a specific brand or number.
Mr._Bill has given options that work - some folks like me want to keep a quality cable in every vehicle they own - you only get one original with the phone. I have a cable in each of 4 vehicles.
Sponsored