USB ports not getting power

Schultzeee

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
While driving today, all of the USB ports and the 12v plug lost power. Tried replacing the fuse, which looked fine, and still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem? Had two phones charging, and a map up on CarPlay for one of them when they went out.
Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
While driving today, all of the USB ports and the 12v plug lost power. Tried replacing the fuse, which looked fine, and still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem? Had two phones charging, and a map up on CarPlay for one of them when they went out.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
The USB Media Ports and the 12Vdc outlets are on two seperate fused circuits. They do have a common tie in at the Power Distribution Center Assembly (Fuse Box). That PDC though is more than just a wired fuse box and has integrated electronic circuitry to it.

There is no magic bullet other than having a schematic and checking powers and grounds. If under the 3/36K warranty, I would let the dealer deal with it.

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Going to have my dealership check my USB system. There is no power on any of them, dash, center console or back side of center console , hmmmmmm Worked fine about 3 months ago

Eternity

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Diesel
After they fixed it, what did they say was the problem and solution?

Sponsored

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
I am having a similar issue with USB 1 and USB 2 not working as well. Radio was about 3 weeks ago. Just now noticed that they aren't working. No charging and no Car play or Android Auto. Tried several different phones, cords etc. Projection Manager, repairing, soft reboot. Still not nothing. Hoping to not have to go back to the dealer again for this radio! Fuses 11, 51, 97 all seated and good.

Anyone have any other ideas?

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I am having a similar issue with USB 1 and USB 2 not working as well. Radio was about 3 weeks ago. Just now noticed that they aren't working. No charging and no Car play or Android Auto. Tried several different phones, cords etc. Projection Manager, repairing, soft reboot. Still not nothing. Hoping to not have to go back to the dealer again for this radio! Fuses 11, 51, 97 all seated and good.

Sorry this is happening with your Jeep, SaplingT. If you decide to bring your vehicle to your preferred dealer for service, feel free to send us a private message and our team is happy to provide additional support during the service process.

Steph
Jeep Cares

kg4wsv

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator

Mine dropped out while driving (amazing how fast you can get used to that CarPlay nav). I pulled the fuse (I want to say F11 but don't recall for sure) for 20 or 30 seconds.

Electronics have capacitors, can't just pop the fuse out and back in, need to let it sit disconnected for a bit to make sure you get a full reset.
Sponsored