David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Eco-Diesel
Occupation
Police Officer
That's a Gen 2 Eco in the video.
I realize it was Gen 2 and that guy does a bunch of diesel rebuilds mostly Power Stroke and Cummins. He has another video up on a Gen 2 rebuild with 200,000 miles and in disassembly he explains lack of maintenance as the cause. Another key point he makes is whatever engine you have cut the manufacturers recommended service interval in half, especially on the diesel engines given the soot put into the oil. He has more videos on Tik Tok than YouTube as that’s where his content took off.
Sponsored

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I'll dip my retired diesel mechanic pinkie toe into this one...

60k is nothing for a diesel engine when properly maintained. I've owned two EcoDiesel's (2021 and 2023) and both had failures - one pump and one dealership maintenance fiasco.

If you can get ahold of maintenance records and purchase a 100k mile warranty you've 2 of 3 issues solved. Get an independent PRE-PURCHASE inspection from a reputable diesel shop. Based on their unbiased opinion you will know whether it's a good deal or something to pass on.

steven1955

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 V8 4Runner, 2016 Mustang Convertible
We just bought a new 23 Ecodiesel Rubicon for 26% under MSRP before fees and taxes. It was less than $3,000 to $5,000 more than used ones around here, but the peace of mind in getting a zero mileage vehicle with the full warranty and an unknown maintenance history was worth the extra.

Dealer was Buchanan Auto Park in Waynesboro, PA. Our not too heavily optioned Punk'n was the 2nd to last Ecodiesel they had, and their Red Farout edition sold later the same day for full list minus Jeep's 15% rebate.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Been lurking around the diesel sub forums and didn't really find anything about used with moderate mileage. Seen a lot about the pimp issue.
Pimps can definitely be an issue ?

OP
OP
MudderNuker

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
Occupation
Retired@52
So I pulled the trigger on a used '21 Rubicon Stingrey 3.6 with 40k miles at $40k. I got $3k more for my trade vs the local dealer. The JTR is pretty loaded with hardtop, leather, cold weather pack, active safety, cargo management and locking storage, 8.4" radio /Alpine system, led pack, proximity entry, aux switches, auto, body color fenders, slush mats, bed liner and tow pack.

Pretty much what I wanted. Price isn't the best but I couldn't find one with the same options and color for less than $43k anywhere. My local dealer only has a few diesel Willys but the lowest price is $51k and one '24 JTR for $68k. Considering how high interest rates are, I didn't want to finance $21.5k if I went with the Willys. With the used JTR I'm only financing $8k after fees and taxes. Now I have to strip my Willys so I can use the metal bumper, Warn winch, Bulletpoint mount, cargo rack and aux led lights on the new one. Thinking about putting the stock 32" Firestones back on and keep the new 33" tires it has now.
Sponsored