USING JL 392 OEM PARTS

awd_31

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Hi, I'm new here and this is my first time to post a thread.

I was wondering has anyone thought about using the jeep JL 392 engine Wiring, parts, etc to do a 6.4 swap on a Gladiator/JL?

I already have an automatic gladiator, a 6.4 on the side, mishimoto radiator, custom built fans/shroud for the super hot weather (gets up to 140F in the summer), a shop that is ready to fabricate custom long tube headers with high flows and a cat back, and a friend that is ready to tune.

I'm still looking for the perfect engine mounts and the perfect wiring solution to get everything working just like factory.

I would appreciate any help on that side. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Hi, I'm new here and this is my first time to post a thread.

I was wondering has anyone thought about using the jeep JL 392 engine Wiring, parts, etc to do a 6.4 swap on a Gladiator/JL?

I already have an automatic gladiator, a 6.4 on the side, mishimoto radiator, custom built fans/shroud for the super hot weather (gets up to 140F in the summer), a shop that is ready to fabricate custom long tube headers with high flows and a cat back, and a friend that is ready to tune.

I'm still looking for the perfect engine mounts and the perfect wiring solution to get everything working just like factory.

I would appreciate any help on that side. Thanks in advance.
It's never been 140 in recorded history anywhere on Planet Earth. Kuwait is hot tho.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
MOPAR sells the wiring harness as well and control module btw in addition to the crate motor. what about transmission and all that? I would talk to one of the swap companies and see if they have parts in stock if you already have the motor.

OP
OP
awd_31

awd_31

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
MOPAR sells the wiring harness as well and control module btw in addition to the crate motor. what about transmission and all that? I would talk to one of the swap companies and see if they have parts in stock if you already have the motor.
It's never been 140 in recorded history anywhere on Planet Earth. Kuwait is hot tho.

Your right the air temperature was never recorded that high, but the open areas ground temperature reaches even more. Thats shown in the link above.

OP
OP
awd_31

awd_31

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
You know where can I find the part number for the specific harnesses needed and Control Modules?

Unfortunately, i contacted a couple of companies but they do not sell the swap parts seperately.

Regarding the transmission, you are totally right and I'm trying to find the conversion at this moment.

Sponsored

iJT93

First Name
BRR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Have you figured anything out yet for the part numbers needed?

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Find a roll over or 392 JL that's been slammed in the ass and use it as a donor.

But with the prices at Copart lately...... probably cheaper to drop off and have it swapped. Then you have a new motor and trans with zero miles on it. ROI vs. CBA
Sponsored