Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I'm going to the Jeep Adventure Academy on Mother's Day and it looks like Asheboro is the closest larger town with chain hotels and that's still a 45 minute drive. Anyone know of a good spot that's closer? I'm bringing the wife so would prefer to get a nicer room. Thanks!
Sponsored

Kajo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Soldier
I am planning on going to Uwharrie in July. I saw a couple hotels in Albemarle west of Uwharrie.

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
You can always check out pinehurst, nc. It’s pretty upscale and only about an hour or so east of uwharrie. It’s a pretty straight shot actually. I’m in that area and make the drive out there a couple of times a month.

Pinehurst hosts the us open so, there are some upscale rooms.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
You can always check out pinehurst, nc. It’s pretty upscale and only about an hour or so east of uwharrie. It’s a pretty straight shot actually. I’m in that area and make the drive out there a couple of times a month.

Pinehurst hosts the us open so, there are some upscale rooms.
i’m in the process of moving to Pinehurst. Great village with a lot of options..
I was at C&C last Sunday in the village and talked with a guy in a white Gladiator Rubicon…was that you?

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I live in Waxhaw right outside Charlotte. We go to the Uwharrie a couple of times a year. The answer is a hard no. Nothing you'd want to stay at anyway. The Pinehurst recommendation was a good one.

Sponsored

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
i’m in the process of moving to Pinehurst. Great village with a lot of options..
I was at C&C last Sunday in the village and talked with a guy in a white Gladiator Rubicon…was that you?
No, it was not me. I was down in Wilmington for the weekend.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
In Uwharrie right now checking in. This is freaking AWESOME!!! Anyone considering doing the Jeep Adventure Academy, just do it.

Deanclarkend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X2
Hey! It's been a very long time but, sounds like a fun adventure for Mother's Day. When I was in a similar situation, I found a hidden gem near Broadbeach hotels on the Gold Coast. It was a bit closer and offered a range of nicer rooms. It's always worth checking out smaller towns nearby for hidden treasures.
Sponsored

Last edited: