Sponsored

Vibration from 20-25 mph on 37s, common issue?

OP
OP
PnwGladiatorBuild

PnwGladiatorBuild

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf TDI , 2022 JTRD
I guess all of these full-size truck owners with even bigger tires need to keep it below 25 mph, then, since all big tires will vibrate 🙄
Yea....

I don't know.. The guys where nice but at this point I went to 2 discount tires. Had the tire rebalaced over 5 times... had the 2 rears replaced and had my dealership rip the truck apart.

My DT just did my rotation and a tech let me know that one of my tires is road forcing at 31.. which is higher. The rest of the tires are good. But I got the impression from them that im stuck with these tires.
Sponsored

21WhiteRubi

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
How many miles have you put on them? I am trying to get in front of this and not drive much until I figure it out. Would be easier to swap from them now that 5k down the road I'm sure.

OP
OP
PnwGladiatorBuild

PnwGladiatorBuild

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf TDI , 2022 JTRD
I've been going back and forth with my local DT since I've installed them but now its about 3500. I drive alot and its my DD.

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
I didn't read through the thread, but mine 37s were shimmering until DT performed a static balance. I think the big tires are throwing off the Dynamic balancing.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I didn't read through the thread, but mine 37s were shimmering until DT performed a static balance. I think the big tires are throwing off the Dynamic balancing.
This is how my DT does them for me and my 37’s.

Sponsored

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
So I just built up a Rubicon with a RK 3 inch X-factor lift and 37 inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I am experiencing the exact same vibration as the OP. It happens like clockwork every time from 24-29 MPH going up in speed and going down in speed. It does not really ripple through the steering wheel It is sound and general vibration. It also happens in those ranges when put into neutral with no drivetrain input. This makes me believe that it is tread based and not a balance or driveline/train issue. It feels and sounds more like a resonance from the tread pattern. The tires are brand new and I do plan to go by Discount tire and have them check the balance again but I don't really feel like this is a balance issue as it doesn't happen at any other range of speed all the way up to 80 MPH. It is silky smooth at all other speeds. I put the factory tires back on and the vibration goes away so it is definitely Grappler related.

Anyone have any other finds or input on this?

20220501_184238.jpg

20220501_184534.jpg

OP
OP
PnwGladiatorBuild

PnwGladiatorBuild

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf TDI , 2022 JTRD
So I just built up a Rubicon with a RK 3 inch X-factor lift and 37 inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I am experiencing the exact same vibration as the OP. It happens like clockwork every time from 24-29 MPH going up in speed and going down in speed. It does not really ripple through the steering wheel It is sound and general vibration. It also happens in those ranges when put into neutral with no drivetrain input. This makes me believe that it is tread based and not a balance or driveline/train issue. It feels and sounds more like a resonance from the tread pattern. The tires are brand new and I do plan to go by Discount tire and have them check the balance again but I don't really feel like this is a balance issue as it doesn't happen at any other range of speed all the way up to 80 MPH. It is silky smooth at all other speeds. I put the factory tires back on and the vibration goes away so it is definitely Grappler related.

Jeep Gladiator Vibration from 20-25 mph on 37s, common issue? 20220501_184534

My Dealership had the exact same conclusion. They said it was the thread of the tires being uneven.

21WhiteRubi

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Are you planning to switch to a different tire because of it? If I can't get a solution I am definitely switching brands.

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
I am just starting on this path. I haven't had a chance to really "feel" it out yet :) It isn't horrible but a touch annoying. If I find that nothing is out of place and it is truly just the feel of the tread I will make the decision at that point. The Ridge Grappler checks so many of my NEED boxes I will be reluctant to go to a Mud terrain tire that I feel and hear at all MPG. That is the trade off!

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
When I switched to Pro Comp Xtremes 40's and had them road force balance and the highest number was 21, no way should a 37" tire be at 31 on a road force balancer

Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

I have 37 NItto TG's and mine don't vibrate. I did notice more sound when I slow down and about to stop then you can feel it but not much. I purchased mine at Discount Tires they installed them no issues.

Deleted member 28696

Bad bearing only vibrating at certain speeds 25-35?? Anyone else have this experience?
My Universal Joint bearing fell out but it really wasn't a vibration it was more of a rotational clicking noise between 20-30 MPH. Jeep replaced the left axel.

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
Welp,

Just got my truck back from the alignment. It is all within spec. The vibration is still there and very obnoxious at 24-29 MPH. You can feel it in the whole truck. I tried 4 high 4 low, lockers, they all do it. Doesn't matter if the truck is under load, coasting in neutral, up hill, down hill. It does the vibration. It is bad enough my wife won't drive it. :( Now I have to find a solution quickly. I am going to go back to Discount and have them try and balance but as I stated earlier I don't think it's a balance issue. It feels like a tread issue. I may try some tire pressure changes to see if that makes any difference. I'm currently at 30 PSI on Nitto Ridge Grappler 37-12.5-17

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It also happens in those ranges when put into neutral with no drivetrain input. This makes me believe that it is tread based and not a balance or driveline/train issue.
Happening in neutral or while no power is applied can still be balance. The tire is still spinning.
Not saying that's it, but all you do when taking the load off, putting in neutral, is prove it's not certain other things. All other parts - driveshaft, axles, wheels, all still spinning.
Sponsored