First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2014 Jeep Patriot
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
Maybe someone who works in the Jeep assembly plant can answer this. When does the VIN label (with the MDH) on the B pillar get put on the Jeep during the assembly process? Would it be when the body and chassis first come together, at the end of assembly or somewhere in between?

I'm just curious. I'm still amazed on how fast our JT Rubicon arrived earlier this year. We placed our order at our local dealership Wednesday morning 3/31/21. MDH is listed as 040817, so April 8th, 5PM. Our salesman called Saturday 4/17/21 to tell us the Jeep was in and we took delivery on Wednesday 4/21/21. We are located about 100 miles away from the Toledo assembly plant.
Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Two Door Rubicon, 2017 Audi Q5, 2016 Ram, 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Maybe someone who works in the Jeep assembly plant can answer this. When does the VIN label (with the MDH) on the B pillar get put on the Jeep during the assembly process? Would it be when the body and chassis first come together, at the end of assembly or somewhere in between?

I'm just curious. I'm still amazed on how fast our JT Rubicon arrived earlier this year. We placed our order at our local dealership Wednesday morning 3/31/21. MDH is listed as 040817, so April 8th, 5PM. Our salesman called Saturday 4/17/21 to tell us the Jeep was in and we took delivery on Wednesday 4/21/21. We are located about 100 miles away from the Toledo assembly plant.
It could have been allotted for another dealership, but they were able to add your options to the build and slide it in quickly to your selling dealership.