Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
I hand washed my new Gladiator last weekend for the first time and discovered some pretty bad paint issues, so I dropped it off this morning at the dealer for some paint correction work. All the way there I imagined what kind of cool Jeep they might put me in as my loaner for the day - and thatā€™s where things started to fall apart. I had high expectations to be in something cool (aka practically any other Jeep) and was mildly offended to find out my loaner was a Toyota Tacoma pickup. So, I get in the Tacoma and ā€¦ I SEE THIS!!!
Jeep Gladiator Violation Report: Rubi-wannabe spotted! 045109E3-BDA7-410C-B35B-F5642FA3CAEE

Everybody knows Rubiā€™s are cool and all that and itā€™s not completely surprising that they are copied, but this is still just rude. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Are we now saying that Rubicon's are the only cars that can have red on the interiors? Oh, no no no....
Nah, definitely not trying to go anywhere near anything that big! just having a little fun with my loaner vehicle this morning because it had that red dash insert.

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Nah, definitely not trying to go anywhere near anything that big! just having a little fun with my loaner vehicle this morning because it had that red dash insert.
Well, that and maybe also slipping in a small compliment to the Rubicon owners here in the forum. šŸ˜Ž

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
In all honesty, that tacoā€™s red accent photographs better than the rubiconā€™s does. Everyone I know, including me, hated the pictures of the redsicle dash. In person, itā€™s not too shabby at all.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
In all honesty, that tacoā€™s red accent photographs better than the rubiconā€™s does. Everyone I know, including me, hated the pictures of the redsicle dash. In person, itā€™s not too shabby at all.
The Rubiconā€˜s dash is actually really nice. My problem with it doesnā€™t have anything to do with the color or the execution, it just simply doesnā€™t match most exterior color schemes. Take my Gator Rubi for instance. Itā€™s basically a tacked out, subdued Off road machine on the outside, but on the inside it looks like a primped out luxury vehicle interior. Super nice just not what youā€™d expect to see when you open the door based on the exterior.

Iā€™ve basically gotten used to the incongruity and now rather enjoy it. It grew on me so Iā€™ve made my peace with it.

Sponsored

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;) ;) ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
The Rubiconā€˜s dash is actually really nice. My problem with it doesnā€™t have anything to do with the color or the execution, it just simply doesnā€™t match most exterior color schemes. Take my Gator Rubi for instance. Itā€™s basically a tacked out, subdued Off road machine on the outside, but on the inside it looks like a primped out luxury vehicle interior. Super nice just not what youā€™d expect to see when you open the door based on the exterior.

Iā€™ve basically gotten used to the incongruity and now rather enjoy it. It grew on me so Iā€™ve made my peace with it.
If I had to do it over again, I might have ended up with a Gasser in Gator. Thatā€™s just such an awesome Jeep color.

stardogchamp

First Name
John L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Granite Crystal
I believe the 3rd gen Taco had the red dash before the JL & JT if my memory serves me right...

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
To each their own. I ordered my rubi with the saddle interior because 1. I like the seat color and 2. It comes with the gray dash.
Sponsored