First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Retired
My 2022 Gladiator visor mounted door opener does not work unless the motor is running. Just having the ignition on but not running it still does not activate the door to open. All my other cars including several Grand Cherokees always open garage door with out running. Are all Gladiators set up this way or is mine an odd ball?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gary Loos

Gary Loos

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
My 2022 Gladiator visor mounted door opener does not work unless the motor is running. Just having the ignition on but not running it still does not activate the door to open. All my other cars including several Grand Cherokees always open garage door with out running. Are all Gladiators set up this way or is mine an odd ball?
[/QUOTE

Never thought of that thanks for enlightening me.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taser allows you to set it so it stays on 30 seconds after shut off.

So I start the truck with teh door closed. Open the door. Then when I come home, I shut it off and close the door.

The tazer solves this problem for me. I don't mind starting it up a second before opening the door.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Yep, perfectly normal. My Wife's prius is the same too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gary Loos

Gary Loos

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Taser allows you to set it so it stays on 30 seconds after shut off.

So I start the truck with teh door closed. Open the door. Then when I come home, I shut it off and close the door.

The tazer solves this problem for me. I don't mind starting it up a second before opening the door.
Thanks for rhe suggestion. Do I need to take it to the garage or is purchasing a tazer a better choice?

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think the Jeep dealer can change it.

I bought the Tazer for a couple of specific reasons. But I've ended up getting a tremendous amount of value out of it using things that I didn't even realize it did when I got it.

1) homelink on for 30 sec after shut off like mentioned above.
2) ability to turn on backup camera when driving (great to check to confirm you remembered to shut the tailgate if you have sudden doubt)
3) set passenger side seat heater to come on automatically on startup and on remote start.
4) set to leave fog lights on with high beam.
5) disable auto high beam shut off.
6) enable hood alarm
7) display and clear error codes (DTCs)
8) ability to lock rear diff much more easily. Without all the nannies.

OP
OP
Gary Loos

Gary Loos

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
You can also use the garage door opener without the engine running by pressing the start button twice without having your foot on the brake.
Just went out an tried it works great. Thank you that sl Ed my problem.

Reactions: Mac

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
It's for security so no one can open your garage door by just reaching into your JT if it's in the driveway etc.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Please read the manual ;-)
It truly is in the book. And the dealer should have told you this bit. Mine did.

I do at times wonder why this is a problem. Start truck, push button. SO very little CO is created from these it's not an issue if you have a closed door and start the truck. Simply start, open garage door.
CO isn't a big issue on modern vehicles like it used to be.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You can also use the garage door opener without the engine running by pressing the start button twice without having your foot on the brake.
That's the run position. Like a standard ignition switch, there's an ACC and a RUN position. Normally ACC is key turned backwards one click from lock.
Press one time - ACC, press again (foot not on the break) and it's in RUN position.
It must be in RUN position, not ACC.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
That's the run position. Like a standard ignition switch, there's an ACC and a RUN position. Normally ACC is key turned backwards one click from lock.
Press one time - ACC, press again (foot not on the break) and it's in RUN position.
It must be in RUN position, not ACC.
Yes it is, the garage door opening only works in the run position.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The bigger issue for me was when pulling into the garage shutting off the truck before closing the door.

The tazer gives me 30 seconds to shut the door after I shut off the engine.

I have no issue with starting the truck then opening the door.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The bigger issue for me was when pulling into the garage shutting off the truck before closing the door.

The tazer gives me 30 seconds to shut the door after I shut off the engine.

I have no issue with starting the truck then opening the door.
I still fail to see how this is a first-world issue.
And it appears as if it wasn't for this truck, there would be no other way to close the silly garage door.
Doesn't anyone here have BUTTONS either in the garage or in the house to open and close doors? Really - the truck is it and if it's off you have trouble?
I'm sort of laughing, sort of tongue in cheek so don't anyone freak out and say "cool down, calm down" because I am seriously not seeing it, not understanding how someone needs a tazer to give them more time.
What did people do before the JT? Call a garage door service guy to come out and open or close it?

Solutions to these earth-shattering problems include:
When exiting garage with truck, leaving in the AM - start truck, open garage door
When returning home - open garage door (wait for it to fully open) put truck in garage, shut garage door, turn truck off (this also gives you a few seconds to finish listening to your favorite song on the radio)

OR (referring to pictures below)
Use button on wall in house to open garage door, start truck, exit garage with truck, use truck to close door.
When coming home - use truck to open door, park truck in garage, shut truck off, go to house and close garage door with button on the wall.

Pictures below show how I can either use my truck to open or close the garage door (I simply close the door BEFORE turning the truck off- it ain't rocket science)
OR
I park truck in garage, I shut truck off, walk out through overhead door, unlock house, enter house, I use button in house to close garage door
OR
I park truck in garage, shut truck off, get out of truck, walk over to the buttons on the garage wall and close the overhead door and exit garage via walk-out door in garage (or go into house and use buttons on wall in house to close garage door)

I don't get the big deal about needing to have a device to give you 30 more seconds. Simply change your habit and close door THEN turn truck off. It ain't complicated and yet folks need a tazer instead of actually changing the order of pushing buttons. Door button first, THEN ignition button LOL

Really, after reading all the posts on this in this thread and the other multiple threads on this exact same thing - is this truck your only means of opening and closing a garage?
Is it really so hard to close the garage door THEN shut the truck off?
Is it really so hard to start the truck THEN open the garage door?
Do you have no other buttons aside from inside the truck to open or close your garage door?

Sorry, I really did have to laugh about needing 30 seconds because someone can't simply close the door THEN shut the truck down.

I can open or close our garage doors either from our vehicles, from switches on the wall inside the garage, from a code panel outside the garage, or from buttons in the house.

Garage door operating instructions:
Shut truck off, exit truck, walk by the buttons on the wall, close garage door.

Jeep Gladiator Visor Garage Door Opener garage-door-buttons

Alternate garage door operating instructions:
Park truck in garage, shut truck off, exit garage, enter house, push button on wall to close garage door.
(I did have two matching small buttons but the new hi-tech opener will not function with a simply NO push button - the remote button has to be programmed to match the opener so someone can't simply access wires and short them to open the garage door so now I have one larger clunky button but it's secure and can't easily be hacked)

Jeep Gladiator Visor Garage Door Opener coat-rack-buttons

Get creative, guys (and Jeep gals) - close door THEN turn off truck. No tazer required.
I still can't believe the grief that simple process is causing. IMO, it's like the fuel door and key fob issues.
Sponsored