Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Been MIA with a move and markets but couldn’t pass up the 20% at HF for the Apex 12k synthetic, $480.

2F674822-8F55-4F02-9592-4647D3D113C8.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

CorvusOver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Looks like the 38s will definitely rub on the front end so chopping the fenders will be needed at some point in the build.

Jeep Gladiator (VolatileA) Big Sur - 2021 Sting Gray Mojave Build 2F674822-8F55-4F02-9592-4647D3D113C8
I'm considering the same RR stubby bumper for my JTRD build but had a couple questions:
  1. Earlier you said you were worried about the corner of the stubby RR bumper. Does it get in the way of those 38's at all at full turn or flex? I've seen someone rip a lug off their tire when it caught on a corner of a similar stubby. Only happened at flex and turn but It's something I want to avoid.
  2. Does the front stinger bar get in the way of the trail camera?

Thanks for you help! You may have inspired me to do a build thread for mine :)

OP
OP
VolatileA

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
I'm considering the same RR stubby bumper for my JTRD build but had a couple questions:
  1. Earlier you said you were worried about the corner of the stubby RR bumper. Does it get in the way of those 38's at all at full turn or flex? I've seen someone rip a lug off their tire when it caught on a corner of a similar stubby. Only happened at flex and turn but It's something I want to avoid.
  2. Does the front stinger bar get in the way of the trail camera?
Thanks for you help! You may have inspired me to do a build thread for mine :)
Didn't see this until now, to answer your questions.

1. I haven't any issues with rubbing the 38s on this RR stubby, plenty of clearance from my experience off road thus far, keep in mind I haven't climbed rocks per se but I've put it through some flexy situations.

2. The bar allows plenty of room to use the camera, I have a picture around here I'll have to post for you no problem, I'll circle back.

OP
OP
VolatileA

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
A few updates to share when I can grab some better pictures but I finally did something after a lot of thought and weighing my options.

I straight piped the exhaust by removing the 2 middle mufflers, leaving the black rear one in place.

There was a pretty bad drone in the low 2000s rpm, but thanks to some digging I found some posts by @cecaa850 about the 32 inch j-pipe.

Well, I lasted about 2 weeks without this installed and finally had the 32" j-pipe installed and I'm shocked, that drone is gone and now it's peaceful again on the highway.

I'm going on a roadtrip next month so I needed that to work, mission accomplished.

Let me know if y'all have any questions, will post videos and pictures of the other updates soon.

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 2.22.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 2.22.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 2.21.53 PM.png

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I tuned out on this for awhile but you’ve been busy as ever lol. I still haven’t done a single thing to my Gladiator and we picked them up in the same week time frame 😂

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Dude this build is so sick. Loving it. I was debating 35’s and 37’s but I am trying to remain able to fit in my garage so probably going to stay 35’s with the stock lift. Debating just saying screw it and doing 37’s on stock lift but we will see
AEV 2” spacer lift! How tall is your garage? With 2” and a 37” tire you’re only adding like 4” overall. Stock height is roughly 72”, your garage should be what 82-84”? Unless it’s super short.

OP
OP
VolatileA

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Sorry for the hiatus, have been taking care of the elders and had a death in the family so I've been a little preoccupied with everything.

I have a TON of updates currently and coming soon to this build, happy to share it!
Sponsored

Last edited: