Sponsored

Voodoo Cross Bars 1UP Bike Rack and Yamika Ski Rack

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Thought i post this as an FYI. With just the crossbars and the ski rack installed i can open the roll up tonneau more than halfway with a little effort to access my storage wheel well bag i mounted with the cross bars. The ski rack i had to mount directly to the bars as the clamps were too small. The 1up rack installed with no problems as always. I will get a second one as well for the other side. Loading the bike is fine for me but with a lift would get tough.

IMG_20200216_103613__01.jpg

IMG_20200216_091407.jpg
Sponsored

CAL32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Sting Gray/Toyota 4Runner Limited Pearl White
Thought i post this as an FYI. With just the crossbars and the ski rack installed i can open the roll up tonneau more than halfway with a little effort to access my storage wheel well bag i mounted with the cross bars. The ski rack i had to mount directly to the bars as the clamps were too small. The 1up rack installed with no problems as always. I will get a second one as well for the other side. Loading the bike is fine for me but with a lift would get tough.

IMG_20200216_103613__01.jpg

IMG_20200216_091407.jpg
looks great did you go with the Aluminum hi rise or the Steel version?

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I did go with steel. By the time i saw they also had aluminum i already put the order in. They do look OEM quality so i am pretty happy so far. What is nice i can slide the bike rack all the way outside so the bike sits over the side rail of the bed and rhe front tire can go past the cabin. Gives you lots of space.

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
Looks great! Love the set up. Few questions if you don't mind. What bike rack is that? What do you have strapped to the tailgate? How come you have the ski rack button to open set to the inside? Kind of a pain to release?

I'm waiting on some custom brackets to build a similar set up to this. Hopefully it works, it will be cheaper but if I fail, I'll be ordering up the Voodoo brackets. Thanks for the pics. Love seeing the bike mounted with the ski rack for perspective purposes.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I had to mount the ski rack directly to the crossbars so they don't sit on their usual mounts/brackets. In order for them to fully swing open the hinge needs to hang over the crossbar a little so this way is the only way it worked. For next season i may prop em up a little so i can flip em around. It works surprisingly well to open them this way but i have to get onto the tail gate or rear tire to close it. The straps are my tailgate pads for bikes i was using prior to cross bars install. I took em off for now. The bike rack is the 1UP roof mount. I could probably fit two more easy or three more if bikes are smaller while keeping the ski carrier that holds four boards or six skis. My spring setup will be the MOPAR cargo tray in the middle and bike racks on each sides with mounts for MAXTRAX and Jerrys, shovel etc. Also the roll up I can open a bit more than half way which is awesome.

Sponsored

Tourenwagen

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I have the same Voodoo set-up except for the actual bike tray. Double snowboard rack and two bike mounts.

DSC-2521.jpg

Tourenwagen

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Is it odd, I too have a white on white Gladiator like the both of you. @shrinkhead thank you for answering my questions even when one of the answers was right in the subject.
lol White gladiators with Voodoo racks unite!

I just got a luggage box for mine too which I'll fit in the next few days.

CAL32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Sting Gray/Toyota 4Runner Limited Pearl White
I did go with steel. By the time i saw they also had aluminum i already put the order in. They do look OEM quality so i am pretty happy so far. What is nice i can slide the bike rack all the way outside so the bike sits over the side rail of the bed and rhe front tire can go past the cabin. Gives you lots of space.
Nice, I am probably going to go aluminum just to save some weight and help with the rusting...granted I wont be running these in the winter most likely
About how far back off the tailgate does the bracket come, I am trying to measure to see if my tonneau cover will roll under it. I have the hard rolling from Rugged Ridge not the OEM. It looks like you are able to get it more than half way open but mine cant really be "smushed" underneath since its aluminum all the way through. I think I would be happy if I can get it as far as you can.

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
lol White gladiators with Voodoo racks unite!

I just got a luggage box for mine too which I'll fit in the next few days.

My white Gladiator also has a cover/rack/ski/bike setup! I don't have the Voodoo bars, though.

.... The bike rack is the 1UP roof mount. ....
How do you like the 1UP bike rack? Right now I am using a fork mount but I hate taking my front wheel off all the time. I have thinking of getting a couple of Yakima Highroads or the 1UPs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
My white Gladiator also has a cover/rack/ski/bike setup! I don't have the Voodoo bars, though.

How do you like the 1UP bike rack? Right now I am using a fork mount but I hate taking my front wheel off all the time. I have thinking of getting a couple of Yakima Highroads or the 1UPs.
The 1UP is the best bike rack out there OMHO. Super fast for loading unloading and keeps bike secure. No straps that damage your rims and no taking off wheels. Had them for years as a hitch mount first and now the rack

Reactions: Tim

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
And just because everyone like pictures...
20200221_201606105_iOS.jpg
20200221_201615513_iOS.jpg

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
Can someone link the 1uo bike mount. When I look at their site, it's all hitch mounted carriers. N

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
added MAXTRAX brackets. They are the rhino racks ones and they fit nicely with the voodoo bars. Biggest challenge is getting the 3 foot distance between the bars. Bike still fits nicely. Kids skis no more. I think i rarely need the MAXTRAX and the sports carriers but fun to see how much fits!!!

IMG_20200224_142037.jpg

IMG_20200224_142019.jpg

IMG_20200224_142012.jpg

IMG_20200224_144132.jpg

IMG_20200224_141522.jpg

IMG_20200224_141514.jpg
Sponsored

Reactions: Tim