First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Apparently according to my service dealership my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon doesn’t have the wiring harness for the aux switches. For them to get the Mopar aux multi switch and install is around $700. If I get the VOSWITCH JL300 does it come with a wiring harness and would it void my warranty?
Sponsored

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
What wiring harness are they talking about? JLs and JTs either come with the aux switches installed, or they don't. If you buy the Mopar aux switch kit, it will have all the wiring you need to install it.

I have the Mopar aux kit sitting in my garage, and it's the next project on my list. It only uses the existing wiring harness behind the passenger kick panel, which I guarantee your vehicle has. The other wiring harness is one you build yourself as part of the install, and it goes into the back of the buttons themselves on the console.

MattHamilton

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Support Analyst
I installed the JL300 last weekend. It doesn't connect to anything on the truck except the battery: no CANBUS, no spliced wiring (unless you install the trigger wire), no T-connectors or pigtails off of anything, etc. I am no expert on warranties, but I can't see how it could void the warranty. As an aside, I am not a guy who wrenches - at all - and I did the install in 2.5 hours. The only thing I couldn't make work is the "through the grommet" step; I couldn't get the grommet to twist off and I tried for 20 minutes. I followed the supplied instructions for through the cowl and under the windshield and it went smoothly.

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
@MattHamilton is correct. Only 4 wires to run (+ and - to battery, Fused wire if you so desire to make it only operate when Jeep is on, and the control wire harness back into the Jeep where the control switches mount.
You then run your accessories to the Voswitch box under the hood (no need to run the wires inside the cab).
Install is pretty simple, just remember to change the dip switch in the remote box if you do run the wire to the fuse box.

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Corporate Tool
I followed the supplied instructions for through the cowl and under the windshield and it went smoothly.
Are the wires not getting pinched under the windshield at all? I've seen some install videos of people doing that, and it looks super tight.

Sponsored

MattHamilton

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Support Analyst
Are the wires not getting pinched under the windshield at all? I've seen some install videos of people doing that, and it looks super tight.
I imagine there is some pinching happening; but the control wire isn't that thick. And the instructions from VOSwitch specifically say to run it under the windshield. Who am I to argue? ;) I would have preferred the "firewall grommet" solution to avoid the pinching actually, but on the plus side I got to take the windshield down, which I may have otherwise never done.... :)

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Corporate Tool
I imagine there is some pinching happening; but the control wire isn't that thick. And the instructions from VOSwitch specifically say to run it under the windshield. Who am I to argue? ;) I would have preferred the "firewall grommet" solution to avoid the pinching actually, but on the plus side I got to take the windshield down, which I may have otherwise never done.... :)
Heh, I get you. That's the only part of the aux switch install I'm pretty nervous about. But, I got a tool specifically for running wires through thick rubber grommets, and a wife with tiny hands. I don't suppose I could be any more prepared than I am now - just gotta do it :LOL: !

MattHamilton

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Support Analyst
Heh, I get you. That's the only part of the aux switch install I'm pretty nervous about. But, I got a tool specifically for running wires through thick rubber grommets, and a wife with tiny hands. I don't suppose I could be any more prepared than I am now - just gotta do it :LOL: !
My wife couldn't watch me do the install, but she did help hold the windshield. Taking the trim off the interior would have driven her nuts. And me. "Are you sure that's the way to do it?" "Are you going to leave any marks?" "Don't break anything." :D But all's well that ends well.

OP
OP

coachump4

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Thanks for the help. At first they acted like it couldn’t be added. Then said it could.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
I ran my voswitch wire into the cab threw another grommet. I did have to run a drill bit threw a plastic panel that was behind the grommet but I would rather do that than run the wire under the windshield, just did not like that idea. Pushed the grommet out slit the middle of it and pushed the wire threw it and reinstalled the grommet with some silicone over the wire to finish the seal. last picture is from inside where I had to drill.

voswitch5.jpg

voswitch3.jpg

voswitch4.jpg

voswitch6.jpg

Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I ran my voswitch wire into the cab threw another grommet. I did have to run a drill bit threw a plastic panel that was behind the grommet but I would rather do that than run the wire under the windshield, just did not like that idea. Pushed the grommet out slit the middle of it and pushed the wire threw it and reinstalled the grommet with some silicone over the wire to finish the seal. last picture is from inside where I had to drill.

Jeep Gladiator VOSWITCH JL300 voswitch6

For others: no need to drill through the plastic. If you push a wire or fish cable through it, it will be angled down behind the kick panel:

Jeep Gladiator VOSWITCH JL300 1647035566495

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
It's how I routed mine - you just need to wiggle it around a little until it falls into a groove/channel where it's basically not really pinching at all. I was able to still tug on it with the windshield up and it was able to freely move/slide.

BaileyW7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
I did this install yesterday. Super simple. I also didn’t like the idea of running through the windshield but I folded it down and there is actually a ton of room. There is a small section where there is basically no weather seal next to the A-pillar and it fit perfect with no pinch.

I also added a ground buss bar. This is pretty much the only thing the kit doesn’t have.

I went back and forth on the Mopar switches or this. Glad I went thisroute and saved 200ish bucks.

7FF6363A-F68B-46B2-9278-CA220066AEDE.jpeg

BAA4E9A5-D869-41FF-89C5-39CC63DDFF6C.jpeg

OP
OP

coachump4

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
I did this install yesterday. Super simple. I also didn’t like the idea of running through the windshield but I folded it down and there is actually a ton of room. There is a small section where there is basically no weather seal next to the A-pillar and it fit perfect with no pinch.

I also added a ground buss bar. This is pretty much the only thing the kit doesn’t have.

I went back and forth on the Mopar switches or this. Glad I went thisroute and saved 200ish bucks.

Jeep Gladiator VOSWITCH JL300 BAA4E9A5-D869-41FF-89C5-39CC63DDFF6C

Jeep Gladiator VOSWITCH JL300 BAA4E9A5-D869-41FF-89C5-39CC63DDFF6C
With install mine was going to be around $700 with the Mopar switches. I’m sure what route I’m going now. I just don’t have the money any other way.

Richrod

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Photographer
It's how I routed mine - you just need to wiggle it around a little until it falls into a groove/channel where it's basically not really pinching at all. I was able to still tug on it with the windshield up and it was able to freely move/slide.
Wouldn’t it leak water if place thru window?
Sponsored