Sponsored

Waiting on Alu-Cab: Good Options for Inexpensive Bed-Cover in the Meantime?

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
I’m expecting at least two more months until my Alu-Cab arrives. I will starting SCUBA diving again soon. That means hauling around a few grand worth of gear for every outing. I don’t like the idea of having that stuff sitting in a short bed where anyone can just look in and see it if I have to make a pit-stop on the way to or from a dive site.

I’d like an inexpensive option (x < $400) for a functional bed cover that I can install in the meantime to keep my stuff out of sight and out of the elements. I’m not opposed to used, but I haven’t seen anything on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, or anything here that’s local-ish.

Any recommendations? Thank you.
Sponsored

CoachA

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
I’ve got a SolidFold by Extang hard shell tonneau cover, with mounting hardware, removed from my 2020 JTR, that I removed after 16,000 miles when I replaced it with an ARE cap so I could haul my 5 dogs. It is in excellent/barely used condition. If interested, make me an offer. For a reasonable price, plus shipping, it can be yours. In my many years of owning a number of pickups, I had never used a tonneau cover. This one impressed me with its design, strength and ease of operation of its tri-fold design.

OP
OP
Barnaby’sdad

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stuff
I’ve got a SolidFold by Extang hard shell tonneau cover, with mounting hardware, removed from my 2020 JTR, that I removed after 16,000 miles when I replaced it with an ARE cap so I could haul my 5 dogs. It is in excellent/barely used condition. If interested, make me an offer. For a reasonable price, plus shipping, it can be yours. In my many years of owning a number of pickups, I had never used a tonneau cover. This one impressed me with its design, strength and ease of operation of its tri-fold design.
Is this the version for trucks with or without the Mopar cargo management system/rails? That’s the catch…I had to get those for the Alu-Cab (installed them early, as I had a coupon for parts), but it knocks a lot of the options out of contention (most are for trucks w/o the rail/storage system).

CoachA

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
My tonneau cover came mounted with the cargo rails in place. The tonneau cover mounting points sit above the cargo rails and do not interfere with the operation of the cargo rails. Hope this answers your question.

OP
OP
Barnaby’sdad

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stuff
My tonneau cover came mounted with the cargo rails in place. The tonneau cover mounting points sit above the cargo rails and do not interfere with the operation of the cargo rails. Hope this answers your question.
PM sent. Thank you.

Edit: Bed cover lined up.🍻
Sponsored

Last edited: