Walked out of dealer today on my base Sport ordered 4/26

audiophil2

First Name
PHIL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ
Dealer tried playing the lease game on me. Went form the Jeep websites $168/mo for 24 moths to $855/mo. TOld them they had 30 minutes to get the lease as advertised or I walk. I walked. Now there is a Gladiator in AZ with my name on the window sticker that I am not buying.
Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist
Let me understand this... you have your name on it..... meaning you custom ordered one? Something don’t add up. Lease deals are generally set by the manufacturer on specific trim option packages they decide. Sounds to me like what you spec’d out wasn’t in the cards.

sauc3y

First Name
sauc3ymonk3y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A moose until I take delivery
Occupation
Banana Management
:headbang:

$855/mo...LEASE

:headbang:

My brain hurts

Last edited:

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Dealer tried playing the lease game on me. Went form the Jeep websites $168/mo for 24 moths to $855/mo. TOld them they had 30 minutes to get the lease as advertised or I walk. I walked. Now there is a Gladiator in AZ with my name on the window sticker that I am not buying.
Umm... You can purchase a nice Rubicon OTD at that monthly cost assuming 60 months.

Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Must be a catch? What is it?

logo-jeep.png

cdIQxbkhZk1iTqGBe4vEbw%25r2Y&&pov=fronthero&width=450&height=253&bkgnd=transparent&resp=png&cut=.png

DriveAbilityLogo_Horizontal_105x24.png

icon1.png

Uconnect-80px.png

footer-siriusxm-new.png

FCA.png

chrysler-capital-logo-white.png

OP
OP

audiophil2

First Name
PHIL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ
I agreed on the price 3 months ago but without a VIN a dealer cannot lock in a lease. Since the residuals were so high I figured even if the special price was no longer valid a lease would still be fairly low. Jeep offered a lease special on a vehicle (base sport) that did not even exist yet. Not a big deal but the dealer could not come up with a lease that was reasonable. The $855 was based on 12% down which is normal down payment. I told them I could finance a Rubicon for that amount and to get the payment much lower. After 10 minutes they returned with $533/mo or $300/mo with $9000 down. I told them they had 30 minutes to get the lease right. They failed so I walked. Called a dealer 12 miles away and told them what happened. After I felt comfortable coming in the internet salesman and manager locked me in at invoice and removed the upcharges for all the extra junk they add like tint, wheel locks, nitrogen, grab handles, etc. I'm happy with my lease under $400/mo with $4100 down. I sold 2 guns (I'm a gun dealer) while waiting on the paperwork and lined up machine gun rentals for the staff at my private range outside Phoenix. The truck is already paying for itself. It is a business deduction I get to enjoy.

Sponsored

area5179

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
How much acid was your dealer doing when he gave you that price? I built a Sport S to my liking on Jeep.com and got a payment of $415/mo. I went over to my local dealership with a printout and they came back with a payment of $450 which I was happy with as Jeep.com doesn't include sales tax, doc fees and some things but being within $35 is cool. He even gave me a copy of the price sheet and stated that the rebate is locked in but my lease rate may change because he can't lock it in but they will do everything in their power to stay close/match to what's on my printout. Going from $168 to $855 is going past full retard and straight to potato. Never go full potato.