Sponsored

Warn winch plate #101255 with a FACTORY steel Rubicon front bumper? YES, it can be done THANKS for the information

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2021, Gladiator, Rubicon, Snazzberry, MANY others
Occupation
retired
Howdy All,

Howdy All, to save reading the entire thread, it took a while but my question has been answered, YES this winch plate will work with the factory steel winch ready bumper. THANKS for the help.

I have already bought and installed onto my Gladiator the Warn 12,000 pound winch AND Warn winch mounting plate part number 101255. This winch mounting plate according to Warn's web site will work with the factory steel Rubicon winch ready bumper.

My situation is this, I installed this winch and mount on my Jeep which came with the PLASTIC front bumper. My plan is to replace the plastic bumper with a factory take off steel bumper if I can find or one of the knock offs that are for sale on ebay and facebook.

However, the fairline part of the winch mount sticks out at least two inches beyond the front of the plastic bumper. I had to cut a massive hole in the plastic bumper for this to work. Here's a couple of photos showing what I am talking about.

This is the winch plate and winch mounted.

Jeep Gladiator Warn winch plate #101255 with a FACTORY steel Rubicon front bumper? YES, it can be done THANKS for the information IMG_5267-XL

This is a close up of the hole that had to be cut in the plastic bumper to clear the front of the winch mount.

Jeep Gladiator Warn winch plate #101255 with a FACTORY steel Rubicon front bumper? YES, it can be done THANKS for the information IMG_5266-XL

Finished install. Look how far the fairlead is in front of the bumper, would the factory steel bumper have to be massively cut like this to work with this winch plate that according to Warn, is designed to fit on the factory steel Rubicon bumper?

Jeep Gladiator Warn winch plate #101255 with a FACTORY steel Rubicon front bumper? YES, it can be done THANKS for the information IMG_5269-XL

So my question is this, has anyone used this winch mount with a factory steel Rubicon bumper and does it fit with out ANY modification?

I don't want to buy a factory bumper if it's not going to work with my setup that is already paid for and mounted, so any information you can share sure would be appreciated, thanks.

Dave
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
I have the same set up, except 10k winch (same size as 12k, but different gearbox). It will be fine.
Jeep Gladiator Warn winch plate #101255 with a FACTORY steel Rubicon front bumper? YES, it can be done THANKS for the information 20220613_133126

Jeep Gladiator Warn winch plate #101255 with a FACTORY steel Rubicon front bumper? YES, it can be done THANKS for the information 20220613_133135

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
The fairlead mounts to the outside of the bumper.

Jeep Gladiator Warn winch plate #101255 with a FACTORY steel Rubicon front bumper? YES, it can be done THANKS for the information 20220613_133135
Howdy Bleda2002,

I know the fairlead mounts outside the bumper, look at my photos and you will see that the WINCH PLATE itself sits outside and past the front of the bumper by a bit over an inch.

Dave

Sponsored

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I have the same set up, except 10k winch (same size as 12k, but different gearbox). It will be fine.

Howdy Jeepmonster,

Thanks for your reply. What did you use for a winch mounting plate, if it was a Warn product was it part number #101255 ?

I don't know of anyone nearby that has the stock factory winch ready bumper so I have nothing to take measurements off from. Looking at photos, the outside shape of the plastic bumper and the steel bumper look to be the same but I don't know that for certain.

Dave

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
The picture I have is the warn winch plate with the rubi steel bumper

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Dave, Quadtratec has a nice video showing it going on, the metal bumper sticks out more then the plastic, there is also a one piece bumper Mopar has now, I do not know if the warn plate fits that.

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Mine is on 80th anniversary with the factory Rubicon bumper. All bolts lined up and fit was good.
Howdy Mark,

Thanks for your reply, did you do the work or do you know the part numbers of the parts that were used? I am trying to CONFIRM the Warn part number #101255 winch mounting plate, will work with the stock steel Rubicon bumper. I need to confirm part numbers before dropping another pile of money on a bumper.

Dave

Sponsored

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Dave, Quadtratec has a nice video showing it going on, the metal bumper sticks out more then the plastic, there is also a one piece bumper Mopar has now, I do not know if the warn plate fits that.
Howdy Jack,

I have watched every video I can find, and have not found one that called out a part number or used a winch mount looks like the one I was sold, that according to Warn will work. I'll look and see if I can find the video your talking about.

Dave

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Warn shows how it fits in the steel bumper. It's a tight fit with the front of the bumper basically resting on the winch plate so you can bolt the fair lead through the plate through the bumper and through the filler plate.

Jeep Gladiator Warn winch plate #101255 with a FACTORY steel Rubicon front bumper? YES, it can be done THANKS for the information 1655155519076

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Warn shows how it fits in the steel bumper. It's a tight fit with the front of the bumper basically resting on the winch plate so you can bolt the fair lead through the plate through the bumper and through the filler plate.

Jeep Gladiator Warn winch plate #101255 with a FACTORY steel Rubicon front bumper? YES, it can be done THANKS for the information 1655155519076
Howdy Bleda2002,

Yes, I see how it's supposed to fit, I have looked at every photo I can find but they give no dimensions. What I need is for someone to confirm that Warn part number 101255 winch mounting plate, will fit and work with the stock steel winch ready bumper.

Looking at MY Jeep, specifically at the factory tow hooks, this location has to be the same for all bumpers as it relates to how they fit on the bumper. Again only looking at photos as I can't find a factory steel bumper to even look at the distance between the tow hook mounting surface and the outside forward edge of the plastic bumper and the steel bumper appears to be the same. So I either need a measurement from a common place on the steel and the plastic bumper or a part number to confirm fit before spending more money.

Dave

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Mopar Steel and Warn winch plate 12k winch on a sport s
I just bolted the fairlead to the bumper. It's steel and not being abused.

Jeep Gladiator Warn winch plate #101255 with a FACTORY steel Rubicon front bumper? YES, it can be done THANKS for the information IMG_9753

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Mopar Steel and Warn winch plate 12k winch on a sport s

Jeep Gladiator Warn winch plate #101255 with a FACTORY steel Rubicon front bumper? YES, it can be done THANKS for the information IMG_9753
Howdy Mike,

I know folks are trying to be helpful but I need to confirm part numbers, I know people have used Warn winches and Warn mounting plates but which ones?

I have already spent the money and mounted the Warn winch using a particular Warn winch plate. What is the Warn part number of your winch mounting plate?

Dave
Sponsored