Sponsored

Warn Winch VR10s install, anyone done one?

smess

I am looking to install a VR10s and wanted to know if anyone has done this, does it fit in the stock LE bumper, what else do I need?

any help would be appreciated I want a simple install hopefully without any mods needed.

If anyone has any input or suggestions I am all ears. 10k is all a Gladiator needs, power wagons come with 12,500's and my jeeps always had 8-9's

I don't want to spend a lot of money as it rarely will get used but I also don't want junk.

Thanks
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking to install a VR10s and wanted to know if anyone has done this, does it fit in the stock LE bumper, what else do I need?

any help would be appreciated I want a simple install hopefully without any mods needed.

If anyone has any input or suggestions I am all ears. 10k is all a Gladiator needs, power wagons come with 12,500's and my jeeps always had 8-9's

I don't want to spend a lot of money as it rarely will get used but I also don't want junk.

Thanks
All you need is a winch plate. You can spend big bucks on a Warn winch plate or save a bundle and get the JCR winch plate.

Know I t’s the same winch plate you’d use if you had a JL steel bumper, and when you take the bumper off, you’ll see the JL part number sticker if no one believes it. Don’t let anyone try to up-sell because it’s a JT.

I just installed my winch yesterday. It’s my second JCR winch plate. First time I installed a 10S on our JLR, this time around, I went with the Harbor Freight 12,000 lbs Badland. I upgraded its steel rope with a synthetic rope and mounted the control box under the hood. Even with the Factor55 closed system hook, I’m $300 richer than if I’d gone with the 10S. Like you, it’s an insurance policy, don’t plan on using it daily. Sits flush in the bumper too.

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
I installed a rugged ridge 10000 with a synthetic rope on a eag bumper, a bit tight but no real problem i found that to use my factory fog lights had to take apart my bumper to remove lights and wiring harness.

IMG_20190703_094059.jpg

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
You’ll need a winch plate to go behind the factory steel bumper.

I got mine from RubiTrux and it’s a Maximus 3 brand. Theyhave lots of accessories for the factory steel bumper

The JCR winch plates have been known to bend

Sponsored

BeepBeepIAmAJeep

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Hard Rock Bright White and soon™ 2020 Gladiator LE Bright White
I have a warn zeon 12 platinum in my stock bumper (I think the only winch bigger than this is the warn powerplant series) and it is a very tight fit. Just so you can compare. I will say this bumper seems flimsier than my JK. When I would winch the line in to tighten down the line/hook for storage and driving I could see the bumper flex. I never saw that on my jk so that is a little worrying.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a warn zeon 12 platinum in my stock bumper (I think the only winch bigger than this is the warn powerplant series) and it is a very tight fit. Just so you can compare. I will say this bumper seems flimsier than my JK. When I would winch the line in to tighten down the line/hook for storage and driving I could see the bumper flex. I never saw that on my jk so that is a little worrying.
Since the bumper is just a cover, hence why a winch plate is needed, you may be cranking that rope down a little much to be flexing your bumper. Just sayin...

BeepBeepIAmAJeep

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Hard Rock Bright White and soon™ 2020 Gladiator LE Bright White
Since the bumper is just a cover, hence why a winch plate is needed, you may be cranking that rope down a little much to be flexing your bumper. Just sayin...
This winch I took directly off my jk and moved it over to my jt. I winch the line down to the tow hook with a small 500lb soft shackle that has a break point of around 1600lbs if I remember correctly and that is enough to cause the jt bumper to flex but not the jk.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This winch I took directly off my jk and moved it over to my jt. I winch the line down to the tow hook with a small 500lb soft shackle that has a break point of around 1600lbs if I remember correctly and that is enough to cause the jt bumper to flex but not the jk.
The bumper is a cover for the frame rails. The winch sits on a plate between the frame rails. If your bumper is flexing it is because the winch rope is pulled too tight. The winch has no other interaction with your bumper.

Sponsored

Archie Bunker

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Really digging your bumper. Super reasonable price as well. Any issues with it? Feels pretty solid? Were you able to use your factory fogs?

Also like your wheels. Are they true bead locks?
Nope no problems at all. I love the look and the dual size D ring mounts. It is pretty solid. Once you get everything bolted up. Yes, Factory fogs bolted right in. The bumper came with an adapter for other lights if needed. I opted to go with out a hoop so that gave me two predrilled holes to use for my trail flag mount. Yes, my wheels are true beadlocks. I can take the ring off and remount to standard mount also. they are from Dirty Life.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Where is the control pack?
Under the hood. I’ve a complete Apex install thread with pictures if you’re interested.

Trekkor2020

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Jeep Gladiator Warn Winch VR10s install, anyone done one? 1619648811007
Jeep Gladiator Warn Winch VR10s install, anyone done one? IMG_1107.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Warn Winch VR10s install, anyone done one? IMG_1108.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Warn Winch VR10s install, anyone done one? IMG_1109.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Warn Winch VR10s install, anyone done one? IMG_1110.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Warn Winch VR10s install, anyone done one? IMG_1111.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Warn Winch VR10s install, anyone done one? IMG_1112.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Warn Winch VR10s install, anyone done one? IMG_1113.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Warn Winch VR10s install, anyone done one? IMG_1114.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Warn Winch VR10s install, anyone done one? IMG_1115.JPG
I have the factory plastic Rubicon bumper and factory steel skid plate. I wanted to keep weight down and use what I already had. I installed the Warn EVO 12S, Maximus-3 winch plate, Go Rhino 332000T Rockline Textured Black Fairlead Mount Plate (to take up some space between the winch and the plastic bumper), Tuffy license plate holder, Maximus-3 Tow/D-ring brackets. I bought the winch/mount plate kit from RubiTrux. Great price, no sales tax, and free shipping. I had to cut up the plastic and steel factory bumper, but the mounting plate fit perfect. I got the idea from a gentleman, Toby W, on the JLForums website who made his own winch plate and kept his plastic bumper. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/winch-mount-for-plastic-bumper.7605/

maximus-3-warn-vr-evo-winch-mount-package.jpg
Sponsored