Sponsored

Warning trackable stickers? Anyone else have these?

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
These stickers are on every door, tailgate and hood. What are they for and anyone else have them? Dealer I ordered my Jeep from didn't mention anything about them and i didnt notice them until I got home.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Attachments

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
That’s a bs upsell they offer in the finance department. dealerships that offer it, put those stickers on every vehicle as a part of the new car prep. Just ignore it or peel them off. They will leave an imprint behind, but it’s not very noticeable.

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
Not on mine

OP
OP
Willys2Gladiator

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I would leave them on for a deterrent but he'll. I didn't notice them so someone looking to jack parts won't see them either. Coming off

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
It's POSSIBLE they are RFID tags, more than likely from the factory. They're used to track inventory from one part of the factory to another and help ensure that all parts are accounted for both in production/stock and making sure they go on your vehicle. They're used in a lot of large automation places. They are super versatile and a good read if you're bored during possible quarantine. Just my thoughts on it. These aren't meant to say they are tracking your vehicle, even active RFID doesn't have a huge range.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Real world use, you will find a herd of Unicorns before you find a police detective that says these things ever helped in theft retrieval or chop shop prosecution. Total upsell dealership garbage that makes you think you are getting a value but the reality is that it empties your wallet with no ROI.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Real world use, you will find a herd of Unicorns before you find a police detective that says these things ever helped in theft retrieval or chop shop prosecution. Total upsell dealership garbage that makes you think you are getting a value but the reality is that it empties your wallet with no ROI.
You could be right. But FCA is not the only company doing this. Some car manufacturers do it to all vehicles and it's included in price.
More than likely it is driven by the same industry that requires seat belts, air bags, and now backup cameras in all new vehicles, insurance.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
You could be right. But FCA is not the only company doing this. Some car manufacturers do it to all vehicles and it's included in price.
More than likely it is driven by the same industry that requires seat belts, air bags, and now backup cameras in all new vehicles, insurance.
The sticker the OP shows was not put on there by FCA. That company sells aftermarket warranty, service contract and obviously pushes a vehicle/parts theft deterrent system that are all dealer installed or sold items.

This has nothing to do with parts tracking RFID that manufacturing operations may use for in plant location tracking. Even if any of those RFID items have left the plant still attached, they have little use in chop shop or vehicle recovery at the local LEO level.

Some dealerships and dealership groups install this crap as a matter of course when processing and PDI before putting out on the lot regardless if it actually passed off or sold to the end user as an up charge. It is up there with the vehicle glass etching, fabric protector and Nitrogen in your tires at delivery in that when itemized and charged to the customer, it is 90% padded profit.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
The sticker the OP shows was not put on there by FCA. That company sells aftermarket warranty, service contract and obviously pushes a vehicle/parts theft deterrent system that are all dealer installed or sold items.

This has nothing to do with parts tracking RFID that manufacturing operations may use for in plant location tracking. Even if any of those RFID items have left the plant still attached, they have little use in chop shop or vehicle recovery at the local LEO level.

Some dealerships and dealership groups install this crap as a matter of course when processing and PDI before putting out on the lot regardless if it actually passed off or sold to the end user as an up charge. It is up there with the vehicle glass etching, fabric protector and Nitrogen in your tires at delivery in that when itemized and charged to the customer, it is 90% padded profit.
I never said anything about production parts tracking, that was someone else.
I specifically stated for high theft OEM parts. I have the theft deterrent stickers in various places on my Rubi, with the company name on it and I provided a link to said company.
On that link it spells out the specific nature of their program.
You might not like it, but as I said, car manufacturers are going to this because INSURANCE companies are pushing the agenda. Just like they pushed seat belts, air bags, backup cameras, so on and so forth.
You can direct your ire elsewhere, not at me. Have a problem with it, call your INSURANCE company and tell them to take their BIG BROTHER agenda out of your vehicle.

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I never said anything about production parts tracking, that was someone else.
I specifically stated for high theft OEM parts. I have the theft deterrent stickers in various places on my Rubi, with the company name on it and I provided a link to said company.
On that link it spells out the specific nature of their program.
You might not like it, but as I said, car manufacturers are going to this because INSURANCE companies are pushing the agenda. Just like they pushed seat belts, air bags, backup cameras, so on and so forth.
You can direct your ire elsewhere, not at me. Have a problem with it, call your INSURANCE company and tell them to take their BIG BROTHER agenda out of your vehicle.
I was talking about the factory RFID tracking. I thought perhaps it was something that was forgotten to be taken off, but apparently I'm incorrect, was just a shot in the dark. I hate stupid dealer markup BS. My first car was a Saturn Aura (I loved that car) and the dealership had nitrogen on site and would fill the tires for free any time, it was pretty nice and it really did help in keeping the tires from fluctuating dramatically due to temp. Saturn is 1 of the few I'm sad to see gone. I also miss Hummer, but not for the H2 or H3.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Reminds me of a dealer trying to sell me VIN etching, swore it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. That was until i pointed out that VW already does this, please note the factory components already wearing stickers for assembly tracking and the windows already etched because I bought the factory tint option.

The loudest silence you ever heard followed.

I handed over a cashiers check for the specific amount negotiated and never saw the finance guy again.

These systems don't help you the owner, its not like johnny car thief is saying to himself oh I'd better not steal that car, its got VIN tracking. Its as good as gone and will be either exported whole to places like eastern europe or central or south america or carved up for export. The domestic chopper is looking for the commodity components like lights and interior etc. Drivetrain is not as in demand on the shady side unless its special. These typically get sold as bulk scrap or blended into existing stockpiles.

These systems do help dealers make money and they definitely help the insurance companys claim their property once if its seized. These materials are then sold off for money. Not unlike what they do when your vehicle is totaled out and retained. If anything all these systems do is help you do their paperwork and asset tracking for them.
Sponsored