Sponsored

Warranty or not?

aristobrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD (stock), 2010 JKUR (4.5"/37)
x2 here. Reached out yesterday, got a prompt reply, now just need to figure out which plan.

I don't have my JT yet. I'm interested in a diesel but have my eye on the overheating threads. Need to take a guess at which parts may have problems and see if Added Care Plus covers them. Maximum Care seems pretty cool, but I'm just looking to have the expensive motor/exhaust things covered.
Sponsored

OP
OP
samw5

samw5

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet Silver Gladiator Rubicon
looking at the comparison posted here between the plan (https://jeepfactorywarranty.com/components-covered/) I see that one of the main thing not covered in the added plus is the uconnect unit.
Since I have the 8.4 and also the advanced safety features (auto cruise) it might make sense for me to get the max protection.

PanhandleChuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Occupation
U.S. Marine Corps (Ret)
so reached out to Tom, seems like it does make sense and appears to be the best deal I could find...

now just need to figure out whether to get the max care or added care plus... Not sure the max care is worth the extra, ya it covers everything but I'm honestly more getting it as a major disaster coverage rather than "you need a new air filter" kinda warranty.
I hear you. I had Lifetime MaxCare before. I went 7/100 MaxCare and $200 deductible on the JT to keep the price down while adding some peace of mind. Tom’s prices are great. As you know, all handled electronically. Couldn’t be any easier.

OP
OP
samw5

samw5

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
done. Tom's the man. Just got the Added Care Plus 8/100 with $200 deduct.
Figured that suspension crap, hoses and stereo is stuff that I can replace (and upgrade) but at least engine/tranny/diffs will be covered in case of a major incident!

Sponsored

Chilli

First Name
Wolfgang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLADIATOR RUBICON
Occupation
RETIRED
This is good data to at least check out & compare.

Much thanks guys

Gladiator832

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2013 Ram Sport
Occupation
Plant Manager
I got one on my Ram, and when the dreaded Hemi Tick got me the warranty company ended up paying $2500 over what my initial purchase of the warranty was to replace the lifters and cam. So is it worth it? If you have a major needed repair it most definitely is. Can you predict the future? I couldn't, but I'm glad I got that darn warranty my dad said was a waste of money! And yep, got it on the Gladiator. Went with the same company too, through my credit union.

Last edited:

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Tom is the guy to talk to best prices and 100% legit it’s too bad they don’t sell the lifetime anymore

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Think you answered your question here.

With out it in writing we will cover xyz modified and off road uses. I would expect them not to cover anything.

Personally I would not buy it, and have any expectation of them covering things.

With some of the mods I have (possibly while wheeling) w/o having to fight for coverage.

OP
OP
samw5

samw5

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the disclaimer that's in writing. Pretty much if you fuck you they don't cover, if you go with crazy shit they don't cover... Makes sense and still should be covered for reasonable mods.

THE PLAN WILL NOT COVER, OR APPLY TO LOSS OR EXPENSE RESULTING FROM:

• Repairs due to any alterations or modifications to the Vehicle not approved or recommended by the manufacturer,

including but not limited to: (a) failure of any custom or add-on / aftermarket part (unless listed as a specific covered

part); (b) emissions and/or exhaust systems modifications; engine modifications, transmission modifications, and/or

drive axle modifications, which includes any performance modifications; (c) oversized/undersized tires; (d) a suspension modifications; (e) aftermarket lift kits; (f) Mopar lift kits (unless you have purchased this coverage as

shown on the first page);

• Lift kits that exceed four (4) inches unless you have purchased Mopar Lift Kit Coverage as shown on the first page;

repairs to covered components that are the direct result of the failure of a lift kit that exceeds four (4) inches unless you

have purchased Mopar Lift Kit coverage as shown on the first page;

• Repairs to covered components that are the direct result of the failure of alterations or modifications not recommended

by the manufacturer;

• Repairs to a covered component caused by the failure of a non-covered component and/or an aftermarket installation

not performed by a Dealer, or any outside installation of "salvage or junk" components in conjunction with an

insurance or damage claim. All part installations to satisfy such claims must be with new or factory authorized

remanufactured components and parts;

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I looked into this the other day and their wording of not covering anything if you have a non dealer installed MOPAR or aftermarket lift kind of answered the question for me that I would not be getting an extended warranty for my JT.

OP
OP
samw5

samw5

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't imagine being denied warranty on the engine for having a leveling kit on it. I'm sure they are reasonable and for me it was always to have the piece of mind in case the engine or tranny goes not much else.

sandifer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator (Mojave)
Occupation
retired from IT business
Vehicle Showcase
Keep getting spam every couple of weeks from moparservicecontract.com, chrysler-factory-warranty.com, and Jeepfactorywarranty.com for extended coverage on my Rubicon.

On the fence with getting this. I do plan on keeping the truck for a while... and will likely do more to it down the road (currently teraflex 1.5 / 3/4 lift and 35s on 17x9).

I don't mind getting dirty and can do some of the stuff myself (like installing the lift which I did).

Boils down to whether these warranties would cover major stuff like tranny, engine, axles... With some of the mods I have (possibly while wheeling) w/o having to fight for coverage.

It's one thing spending $2g on warranty but if I have to spend another 3 months fighting for coverage that may not be worth for a $2g part that needs to be replaced.

i know jeeps aren't the most reliable but also not the most costly to fix so trying to gauge that.
I wouldn't get an extended warranty even if it was $100... My frame broke and they are refusing to cover it under normal warranty...I have 20,000 miles...You can see my post and pictures of the tear Jeep is not covering..
Sponsored