First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I noticed water under my passenger floor mat a few times recently. The water is only under the mat, never on top. It is not rain because it has happened when we have not had rain for a week. I have not been driving through deep water (or shallow). I know the AC condensate line is on that side and am wondering if it is the cause. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed water under my passenger floor mat a few times recently. The water is only under the mat, never on top. It is not rain because it has happened when we have not had rain for a week. I have not been driving through deep water (or shallow). I know the AC condensate line is on that side and am wondering if it is the cause. Has anyone else experienced this?
Maybe a plugged AC line , cowl drain, or even a leaking heater core?

BRMoose

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
PM
Drain plug installed properly?

OP
OP
Mtpisgah

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe a plugged AC line , cowl drain, or even a leaking heater core?
Thanks for the suggestions.
The AC appears to drain freely, though I suppose there could be a partial clog. I will inspect more closely. I will check the cowl drain tomorrow, I did not even know there was one. Would the heater core leak in the middle of the summer? Where is it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mtpisgah

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Drain plug installed properly?
yes, the drain plug is in properly and even backed up with a section of bike tube. It happens regardless of weather.

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Freedom, 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
Thanks for the suggestions.
The AC appears to drain freely, though I suppose there could be a partial clog. I will inspect more closely. I will check the cowl drain tomorrow, I did not even know there was one. Would the heater core leak in the middle of the summer? Where is it?
You'd know if it was your heater core, as the inside of your cab would smell like coolant.

MarkyMark80

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
I had the exact same issue with my JL, front passenger side. Its coming down from your roof, leaking behind the plastic trim and ultimately down to the floor. I never fully fixed the issue but sometimes you can mess around with the rubber seals and it will sometimes stop it.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Another vote for the cowl drain for the fresh air intake. Usually if you drop the blower fan and there is water in it, good sign for a clogged cowl drain.

Sponsored

SuddenBraking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK Grand Cherokee
Hi - did you ever get this figured out? Took out my all weather mats and the passenger front (from my 2020 Gladiator) and it was pretty wet under there. Opened the hood to see if I could find this mysterious cowl drain people speak of but it's pouring here so didn't see it in the 30 seconds I looked.

If anyone knows of any tutorials online for the Gladiator, it'd be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Mtpisgah

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
They replaced the door gasket material and the wetness has stopped. I really thought it was a drain issue but apparently not.
Sponsored