Waterless car wash

SteelerJeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland, Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
I found a product that I really like to wash the Gladiator with. It is from Chemical Guys and it is called swift wipe waterless car wash. Anyone else like it or have another one they recommend? My water is horrible and leaves ridiculous water marks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
I let Mother Nature wash my truck during the summer :rain::rain::rain:. During the winter I take it to the car wash a few times for a good under carriage wash to get the salt off.

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
I would never use it. You're just asking for scratches if you don't do an initial pre-wash. Plus you'd be going through a LOT of towels if you need a fresh side for every pass.

mahewd

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4 XLE
Occupation
Businessmen
I also like the brand Chemical Guys. I use some products of this brand maintaining my car. But currently, I am using a waterless car wash by Aero Cosmetics. I applied it two times, and I am not thinking it's alternative. Before using it, check the review of the product whether it is suitable for you or not.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I use those types of products as a touch-up between washes, or as a spot fix. You will get scratches if you have dirt on your paint.

Sponsored

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I detail cars as a hobby and currently maintain 4 of them which never really see weather. AS long as a vehicle has a light dusting to it, Rinseless car washes are ok, but some products are better than others. I will soak my vehicle in product and then use an edgeless microfiber town (eagle edgeless blue) that has been soaked in water. Mipe down a few panels at a time then re-rinse the towel and hit another section. Oncle complete ring out the towel completely and dry it off.

I use Owners Pride products

Bruce

Fundamental Jeepster

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
retired
Those wipes are good if you just drive your vehicle occasionally. Like my Vette I drive only on nice days in the summer. It never sees rain. For a vehicle like this those wipes are good. Just dust it with a California duster and use the wipes to wipe the bugs off. I use Armor-All wash wipes. If it's a daily driver, a good hand wash and towel dry will help the finish last.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 911 C2S
A good waterless wash is as good, when used properly, as a regular wash. ONR or Ammo, linked above, are very good options. McKees also has an excellent product and these chemicals won't cause scratching when use properly. They are designed to lift, encapsulate and remove dirt. I use ONR and Ammo on my 911 and Gladitor, never had a scratch caused by washing method. If you can, a pre rinse will only help and thats what I do. Wash wheels/tires, rinse and use the rinseless wash.

DrPlastic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 H-D Breakout, '21 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician/Mechanic
I would steer clear of these products. I had bad experiences with them in the past. Any amount of surface dust will be ground into the paint leaving swirls and scratches. I used a waterless product on my Mauritius blue metallic 1992 BMW. After about 18 months, I was prepping the car to be shipped from Germany back the the USA when I PCS'd back to the states. I decided to wash and wax it as normal. The cleaner wax was pulling dirt out of the paint that had been allowed to fester and left the applicators (and buffing pads) the color of black tar. Never again did I use that stuff. Never looked back.

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I would steer clear of these products. I had bad experiences with them in the past. Any amount of surface dust will be ground into the paint leaving swirls and scratches. I used a waterless product on my Mauritius blue metallic 1992 BMW. After about 18 months, I was prepping the car to be shipped from Germany back the the USA when I PCS'd back to the states. I decided to wash and wax it as normal. The cleaner wax was pulling dirt out of the paint that had been allowed to fester and left the applicators (and buffing pads) the color of black tar. Never again did I use that stuff. Never looked back.
I've used waterless wash and wax for years, even on black cars, and no Ill effects. It's expensive though, because you have to use a lot when it's really dirty. I use waterless wash and wax all winter, every year. I like the Meguiars, Chemical Guys and the Aero Cosmetics. Not a fan of the Mother's. But you have to use them with a quality microfiber towel. And you have to switch towels often. You'll use like 5 or 6 large microfiber towels per vehicle.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I would probably not be wiping any dirt away for the risk of causing scratches.
No scratches, but you kind of have to soak it, and let it sit on soiled areas. It's still better than trying to turn on a water hose in January. Just from my experience, it won't scratch your ride, used properly (soak it!). Lots of Microfiber towels are a must.

I wouldn't use it after wheeling or anything, but just for normal road grime, it's great stuff. You have to really wet it down when it's dirty, so basically it's getting just as wet if you were to use water, but it's a lot slicker. If it's not super dirty, you can just mist on, wipe off, like a detail spray. Because you have to use so much on a dirty vehicle, it's not inexpensive, but it does work as advertised.

I was apprehensive at first, and I can assure you that the first vehicle I used it on was a beater. But after 5 years of using the stuff, I'd use it on anything now. It's a real time saver in the winter, when I can't use the hose, and still cheaper than the automatic carwash even if it is pricy. Plus it cleans better.

I use waterless about once a week in the winter, and then go to the automatic wash once a month to get the salt off the frame.
Sponsored