Wayout concept jerry can bedsides

Quick

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
I’m not sure this has been touched on or not, but I’m wondering if anyone knows if the bedsides, from the ‘wayout’ concept, with the built in jerry cans are or might become available ever ??

D98296D0-86A7-448B-8BB4-494C3A93EEEC.jpeg
Sponsored

Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon (sold), 2008 Rubicon (sold), 2003 Musso, 2016 Outback, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon (ordered)
I’m not sure this has been touched on or not, but I’m wondering if anyone knows if the bedsides, from the ‘wayout’ concept, with the built in jerry cans are or might become available ever ??

D98296D0-86A7-448B-8BB4-494C3A93EEEC.jpeg
There's a YouTube interview about the wayout concept with the TFL guys where they talk about it (4 minute mark) . Judging from their discussion, I wouldn't bet on it...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Quick

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
I’d like to see what they come up with for aftermarket options, to possibly utilize the bedsides more

Flying J

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Totally custom!
I just retired after 40+ years in the auto body repair business.
If some one would make a simple stamping of the part ( L and R), it would be easy to do a cut out and weld in the part, finish it off and paint the quarter panel.
Now, we wait.......

Archie Bunker

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I just retired after 40+ years in the auto body repair business.
If some one would make a simple stamping of the part ( L and R), it would be easy to do a cut out and weld in the part, finish it off and paint the quarter panel.
Now, we wait.......
hmmmm that would be very cool

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
my only concern is, they look like they would barely hold a gallon of fuel. I know one gallon is better than no gallons, but I have to admit my loyalties are with the 5 gallon Jerry cans, one is already installed in the bed of my truck. I can siphon from it without ever removing it, and I use it when Overlanding through the Idaho Mountains, a one gallon can would be okay for my tiny generator, but I'm not a fan of plastic cans when compared to the durability and life of a solid built Jerry can with a 5 gallon capacity. I may even add a 2nd.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
How wild it is that this thread exists, and Literally the next thread below it is titled “Great Balls of Fire”.
Just sayin’...
Sponsored