Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
We started to notice the more stuff we added to our gladiator, the slower it got. We knew we had two options, HEMI for 36kish or Supercharger for about 7500 - 8k installed. We decided to go with the Magnuson Supercharger as the company has a really good product for the JL and JT.

We like our Supercharger so much, when we hit 300 (Jeep) Patreons, we will be giving one away: To enter, follow us on Patreon at any supporter level, you just have to comment on our posts on patreon & youtube if we like what you had to say we may pick you. On Patreon we are not allowed to do a random, so you have to interact with us somehow and the way we have it setup works well.

Enter here: Follow us here!

Current Build Setup:

Tires: BFG KM3 39x13.50x17
Gears: 5.13s
Armor: MotoBilt, skids, rear bumper, Road Armor Front Bumper, DV8 Sliders
Rack: Road Armor Trek
Tent: iKamper Skycamp 2.0

Here are a few pictures of our current setup:
Jeep Gladiator We Intalled Magnuson Supercharger and couldnt be happier IMG_4194

Jeep Gladiator We Intalled Magnuson Supercharger and couldnt be happier IMG_4203

Works with Genesis Dual Battery Setup

Jeep Gladiator We Intalled Magnuson Supercharger and couldnt be happier IMG_4206

Also works with PSC Steering

Jeep Gladiator We Intalled Magnuson Supercharger and couldnt be happier IMG_4207

There isn't much room left over, but everything fits nice and snug.

We just finished a Roadtrip from AZ to Moab UT we put about 800 miles on the JT, we are very happy with how its running. We plan to make a Good Video that will go over Normal everyday driving.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deleted member 30519

We started to notice the more stuff we added to our gladiator, the slower it got. We knew we had two options, HEMI for 36kish or Supercharger for about 7500 - 8k installed. We decided to go with the Magnuson Supercharger as the company has a really good product for the JL and JT.

Thanks guys. I plan on going this route in the future.

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
Horrible intro on the video, but otherwise very nice! I will be very interested to see how the reliability is. I hope you keep it and put a lot of miles on it, document, etc..

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Horrible intro on the video,
What don't you like about a beautiful woman leaning into an open hood? ;)

Oh, you meant the Jeep with the weird sounds overlain.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
If you have any questions let me know. I have had mine installed for 10k miles now. It is doing fantastic. I have been working on the tune and have gotten to a place it runs very much like factory. I have helped a few others and it has become very obvious there are differences in the JTs that does not allow one software file for everyone to work the same, but they can be worked out with some data. Nice ride!
Jeep Gladiator We Intalled Magnuson Supercharger and couldnt be happier 0918201853a_HDR~2

Last edited:

Sponsored

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
What don't you like about a beautiful woman leaning into an open hood? ;)
Honestly missed that because I had to skip through the extra loud harsh noise (music?) for the first ~30 seconds. I didn't want to try and time it for when the noise was over - plus I didn't want to lower the volume just to get through it. This seems to be a theme with YouTube though, everyone wants a longer-than-needed intro to their videos at a much higher volume than the actual video. I wonder if they get data for the amount of people who skip that or just stop watching before it's over......

bsd103

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Gladiator Sport S 6spd manual, 2013 Abarth 500, 2012 charger SRT
If you have any questions let me know. I have had mine installed for 10k miles now. It is doing fantastic. I have been working on the tune and have gotten to a place it runs very much like factory. I have helped a few others and it has become very obvious there are differences in the JTs that does not allow one software file for everyone to work the same, but they can be worked out with some data. Nice ride!
Jeep Gladiator We Intalled Magnuson Supercharger and couldnt be happier 0918201853a_HDR~2
How is it to access plugs/coils/valve covers/etc. with the Magnuson? Much different than with the OEM intake manifold? Are you running a thicker oil viscosity with the added load on the bearings? Any used oil analysis done? What are you seeing over ambient for IATs after intercooling? Are you getting much heat soak/timing retard with repeated pulls? Sorry for all the questions but would like to pick your brain as you seem to be one the sharper I've seen around these boards. : ] I'll likely go either Magnuson or Hamburger at some point (haven't even received the truck yet), but will likely start with some Livernois tuning. Speaking of - have you been running with E85 or any flex fuel mix? I specced the 6MT so I may have to consider the limits of the stock clutch/PP for tuning purposes.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys. I plan on going this route in the future.
if you follow any of our posts, if we run into a problem down the road, you know we will share and be honest about it.... So far so good.....
Honestly missed that because I had to skip through the extra loud harsh noise (music?) for the first ~30 seconds. I didn't want to try and time it for when the noise was over - plus I didn't want to lower the volume just to get through it. This seems to be a theme with YouTube though, everyone wants a longer-than-needed intro to their videos at a much higher volume than the actual video. I wonder if they get data for the amount of people who skip that or just stop watching before it's over......
Thanks for the info on this, your right after playing it back it was def louder then what it should have been, I got a tiny bit lazy on that one and figured more may like it... We do get to see how long people watch our videos, most stay for about half, a lot of people skip around, its hard to tell what interests when they stop and let it play vs the chit chat....

again, thank you for the comment on the intro, its something we are working on as we are still new...

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
thank you, I didnt know where is other tune options out there... We are asking alot from our JT, lift tires, exhaust, armor, trailer...... If there is something we should look into let me know.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is it to access plugs/coils/valve covers/etc. with the Magnuson? Much different than with the OEM intake manifold? Are you running a thicker oil viscosity with the added load on the bearings? Any used oil analysis done? What are you seeing over ambient for IATs after intercooling? Are you getting much heat soak/timing retard with repeated pulls? Sorry for all the questions but would like to pick your brain as you seem to be one the sharper I've seen around these boards. : ] I'll likely go either Magnuson or Hamburger at some point (haven't even received the truck yet), but will likely start with some Livernois tuning. Speaking of - have you been running with E85 or any flex fuel mix? I specced the 6MT so I may have to consider the limits of the stock clutch/PP for tuning purposes.
1. You can get to the plugs and coil packs with the Magnuson. It is not a joyous occasion but doable LOL.
2. I use the oil weight called for as the variable valve timing is counting on it. I use Pennzoil Platinum Ultra, as data has proven it is highly resistant to heat breakdown. I do Blackstone oil analysis. I am just over 11K miles so third oil change coming. First change at 3K+ had wear metals (to be expected Break in) 2nd at 6k wear metal decreased. Going to push intrvals to 6k as everytime looks normal.
3. FCA tuning is a fair bit different that what people are used to with the LSx stuff and Ford V8 stuff. There are a number of models at work and they do a good job of not letting the engine go to an operational region where detonation is going to happen, if tuned correctly. There are some issues with the closed loop models getting off track, even in factory machines.
4. I have towed 3k to 5k with my JT multiple times this summer, and have had no heat related issues what so ever. 3 to 4 hour pulls doing about 70mph no issue. It stays in 6 th most of the time and likes gas stations, but I have plenty of power on tap and can accelerate through and around traffic.
5. IATs are pretty impressive with this kit. The hottest I have seen so far was 128F and that was me towing for a couple hours on a 95 degree day and I stopped at a rest stop and let it idle for about 15 and then got under way again. Once air was flowing it dropped back to 115.

We will see what longevity is like. Even if the engine does pop, I can build a forged short block with less compression for less than a Hemi swap, and it will make more than enough power for a JT.

Sponsored

mstrav73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
what kind of HP does this put you at? do we have dyno printouts of stock vs supercharger to see the gains?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thank you, I didnt know where is other tune options out there... We are asking alot from our JT, lift tires, exhaust, armor, trailer...... If there is something we should look into let me know.
Indont really consider myself a tune option. I have been doing this type of work most of my adult life and I was a little disappointed with the throttle response and shift schedule of the Magnuson tune I first received. Ot worked fine but was not family friendly or befitting of a 50K ride. So I fixed it. Magnuson bhas sense gMe out with another tune, not sure if they are making it public yet. It fixes throttle response very well. I think the power is down a bit and the shift schedule could still use some work. I have been sharing my files on the forum. You will need HP tuners to flash and the licenses for the trans and the engine are a bit spendy, but it gives you some flexibility to work on your jeep.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
1. You can get to the plugs and coil packs with the Magnuson. It is not a joyous occasion but doable LOL.
2. I use the oil weight called for as the variable valve timing is counting on it. I use Pennzoil Platinum Ultra, as data has proven it is highly resistant to heat breakdown. I do Blackstone oil analysis. I am just over 11K miles so third oil change coming. First change at 3K+ had wear metals (to be expected Break in) 2nd at 6k wear metal decreased. Going to push intrvals to 6k as everytime looks normal.
3. FCA tuning is a fair bit different that what people are used to with the LSx stuff and Ford V8 stuff. There are a number of models at work and they do a good job of not letting the engine go to an operational region where detonation is going to happen, if tuned correctly. There are some issues with the closed loop models getting off track, even in factory machines.
4. I have towed 3k to 5k with my JT multiple times this summer, and have had no heat related issues what so ever. 3 to 4 hour pulls doing about 70mph no issue. It stays in 6 th most of the time and likes gas stations, but I have plenty of power on tap and can accelerate through and around traffic.
5. IATs are pretty impressive with this kit. The hottest I have seen so far was 128F and that was me towing for a couple hours on a 95 degree day and I stopped at a rest stop and let it idle for about 15 and then got under way again. Once air was flowing it dropped back to 115.

We will see what longevity is like. Even if the engine does pop, I can build a forged short block with less compression for less than a Hemi swap, and it will make more than enough power for a JT.
That’s sweet that you know your stuff. This is all very new to us and we just sharing from our point of view on what we think we should do and hopefully if others out there are like my truck is a dog this is for sure a option that may do the trick

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Indont really consider myself a tune option. I have been doing this type of work most of my adult life and I was a little disappointed with the throttle response and shift schedule of the Magnuson tune I first received. Ot worked fine but was not family friendly or befitting of a 50K ride. So I fixed it. Magnuson bhas sense gMe out with another tune, not sure if they are making it public yet. It fixes throttle response very well. I think the power is down a bit and the shift schedule could still use some work. I have been sharing my files on the forum. You will need HP tuners to flash and the licenses for the trans and the engine are a bit spendy, but it gives you some flexibility to work on your jeep.
Thanks for the info
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.