Weather alert on radio

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
I was about to install a cb radio with noaa, I was about and out when weather alert came on my radio. I hit the alert bottom and weather radar was displayed. I guess all the bells and whistles i bought do have some use. I did not know that I could get the alerts. I learn new things every day about my jeep and I like it.
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yep there are JL owners who've been bitching about those weather alerts for over a year now, even asking tuning companies for a way to turn them off permanently, but personally I would love it and I wish I had that feature. I'll get it next time around. I've only got the 7" screen and it has none of that.

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
Why do people still use CBs? FRS and GMRS are so much better. I bought a GMRS license and put a Midland CB-style radio in my tractor and I have hand helds in the house. One day I will install another Midland in the house that can always be on. Crystal clear across my 50 acres.

jalbrecht55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR
I wish I could turn off the weather alerts on my JGC. They are rarely relevant, usually alerting me to weather occurring 3-4 hours away from my current location, sometimes multiple times a day during the same drive while the sun is shining and there is nothing coming to my local area at all.

I would like to think there is some way to cancel Sirius weather while maintaining traffic. (As weather is an added expense to traffic if you were to pay for subscription) Haven’t figured out how yet!
Sponsored