Sponsored

Weather Tech mud flaps

Hosstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
So I got a set of Weather Tech mud flaps for my Sport S. The pair I got are for the front. Why would Weather Tech only make fronts? I emailed them and they responded that they will email me when the rears come available. Why not make a complete set? Sorry if this had been discusses already
Sponsored

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Rokblokz, which I have, came out with fronts first also. Fronts just attach to the bottom of the flare, plastic flap and thumbscrews. Rears require a metal bracket bolted to the frame to suspend the flap, so that takes more engineering work to release a product than the fronts.

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
So I got a set of Weather Tech mud flaps for my Sport S. The pair I got are for the front. Why would Weather Tech only make fronts? I emailed them and they responded that they will email me when the rears come available. Why not make a complete set? Sorry if this had been discusses already
Well if you think about it - the fronts are the same as a JL Wrangler - so engineering is done already - Monetize what you have. The rears on the JT won't take long once they get to it and in reality may not get the same attention as the front -

My theory any way - enjoy

OP
OP

Hosstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
even stranger that they would make for one model and not the rest. Here is the email I got this morning

upload_2019-12-30_13-42-47.png

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
And also, it's the front tires that kill the paint on the rockers, doors, rear fender, bedsides, etc. That's the important area to cover.

I went with the RokBlokz because they offer more coverage than WeatherTech, but, even the RokBlokz left out a large chunk of area that should have been covered.

20191212_185245[1].jpg
Sponsored