max toe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito, 1998 audi
  • Banned
step up and hit the scales lol, what have you added and how much weight are you from stock. (also what was your payload OEM)
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Rockrails added 95lbs per Jeep
Rubber bed mat added 90lbs
Various gear (straps, fire extinguisher, tarp, tools, etc) - 50lbs
Adding a steel bumper will be 80lbs
Adding a Warren Winch will be 80lbs

That still leaves a good 1200lbs, or driver plus 1000lb payload. Which is where I want to be at.

With four 200lb occupants and that leaves just 350lbs that can be put in the back.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Sport S with:
-Max Towing
-Cold Weather
-Convenience
-Alpine audio
-Aux Switches
-Hard top

Curb weight with no occupants, per the local CAT scale: 4,700 lbs. Payload was 1,511 lbs.

Since then I added:

Quadratec steel winch bumper - 105 lbs. (stock bumper was 35 lbs.) = 70 lbs.
Badland ZXR 12000 winch - 58 lbs. (I converted it to synthetic rope and hawse fairlead which shed 22 lbs.)
Mopar step rails - 40 lbs.
BFG KO2 tires from a JL Rubicon - 51 lbs. each (18 lbs. over stock) = 72 lbs.
MaxMate bed cover - estimating 15 lbs.
Spacer lift - estimating 5 lbs.
Misc. parts (lights/front air dam/wiring) - estimating 10 lbs.

So I'm probably at about 4,970 lbs. with no occupants. And technically I'm at 1,318 lbs. payload capacity now.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how I'd weigh mine on the cat scale.......... one wheel at a time, perhaps.
cat-on-scale.jpg

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Rockrails added 95lbs per Jeep
Rubber bed mat added 90lbs
Various gear (straps, fire extinguisher, tarp, tools, etc) - 50lbs
Adding a steel bumper will be 80lbs
Adding a Warren Winch will be 80lbs

That still leaves a good 1200lbs, or driver plus 1000lb payload. Which is where I want to be at.

With four 200lb occupants and that leaves just 350lbs that can be put in the back.
Does seem like you, we . . . got "duped" a bit, but Every consumer NEEDS to be aware of the FACTS . . . the True Ones not the Fake Ones ! In the Gladiator case You present . . . the end result is Not Impressive, however it can be compensated for with Money -- mild upgrades to shocks & springs, for instance ! Hang in there it could be worse . . . all your friends could be "Elephant Seals weighing in at over 500 abs a piece ! ;) :like:

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sport S with:
-Max Towing
-Cold Weather
-Convenience
-Alpine audio
-Aux Switches
-Hard top

Curb weight with no occupants, per the local CAT scale: 4,700 lbs. Payload was 1,511 lbs.

Since then I added:

Quadratec steel winch bumper - 105 lbs. (stock bumper was 35 lbs.) = 70 lbs.
Badland ZXR 12000 winch - 58 lbs. (I converted it to synthetic rope and hawse fairlead which shed 22 lbs.)
Mopar step rails - 40 lbs.
BFG KO2 tires from a JL Rubicon - 51 lbs. each (18 lbs. over stock) = 72 lbs.
MaxMate bed cover - estimating 15 lbs.
Spacer lift - estimating 5 lbs.
Misc. parts (lights/front air dam/wiring) - estimating 10 lbs.

So I'm probably at about 4,970 lbs. with no occupants. And technically I'm at 1,318 lbs. payload capacity now.
Oh, but NO sir I disagree . . . unless you can drive the Jeep Remotely (no occupants) ! I do like your math better than the previous "mathematician," he didn't indicate the weight Differences as you did, good job . ps, the Mopar step rails . . . they the plastic (Overland) ones, and is that 40 abs. Each or combined ? Your Spacer Lift (only); for leveling purposes ?

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not sure how I'd weigh mine on the cat scale.......... one wheel at a time, perhaps.
cat-on-scale.jpg
So, do you think Kitty now knows to eat more or eat less based on "reading" (apparently) the scale (of justice) ? :) :like:
Wonderful photo too .

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So, do you think Kitty now knows to eat more or eat less based on "reading" (apparently) the scale (of justice) ? :) :like:
Wonderful photo too .
If that was Pickle, it would be - "WHAT??!! scale must be broken!"
pickle-on-ironing-board-grown-003.jpg

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Oh, but NO sir I disagree . . . unless you can drive the Jeep Remotely (no occupants) ! I do like your math better than the previous "mathematician," he didn't indicate the weight Differences as you did, good job . ps, the Mopar step rails . . . they the plastic (Overland) ones, and is that 40 abs. Each or combined ? Your Spacer Lift (only); for leveling purposes ?
My Mopar step rails are aluminum. They're 20 lbs. each. The spacer lift is front and rear, with steel shock extension hardware.

OP
OP
max toe

max toe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito, 1998 audi
thanks all so far and in the future, this will help me and others as we decide what to buy and what to upgrade

Sponsored

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
Took my stock sport s 6 spd (hardtop, cold weather group, tow package) straight to landfill scale from dealer with full tank of gas, 4817 lbs with me in it, 4816 lbs without me in it, i added rubber bed mat (1/2" cut from a 4'x6' fitness mat) and the mopar (overland) running boards and went up 45 lbs, then cut out the two middle mufflers which weigh 25 lbs combined on a scale but straight pipes welded in place so add 5 back. 2" mopar and 315 70/17's going on Jan 6th, will re-weigh after that. Tonneau cover (access, lorado) will go on then just some typical straps, tie downs, hitch, first aid, keeping this one all sport, trying to add as little weight as possible to this build so it gets me to the deer fields faster than the rest of you silly farts just dying to bolt more stuff onto it.:turkey:

Not sure i get this overland phase, i walk off into the mountains looking for sheep for a week with 55 lbs on my back including accomodations, food, optics and bang stick. My overland approach would be hit the nearest hiking shop and be all done with luxury inside a couple hundred lbs pretty easy. Think outside the box. Pretend you only had your legs or maybe a horse or two to pack your gear and adjust, the ride in will be a lot easier with minimalist approach i'm thinking. Just sayin.:angel:

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Took my stock sport s 6 spd (hardtop, cold weather group, tow package) straight to landfill scale from dealer with full tank of gas, 4817 lbs with me in it, 4816 lbs without me in it
Better get your scale calibrated...

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
Better get your scale calibrated...
i'll let the landfill know next time i'm through that you said it's off ;), i'll just keep using the same one so i know how much i change it from stock, don't really care if it's out 50 lbs one way or the other, supposed to be 4650 by the specs i know, they weigh vehicles constantly going in then out, city run, i would expect they do pretty routine calibration?

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
i'll let the landfill know next time i'm through that you said it's off ;), i'll just keep using the same one so i know how much i change it from stock, don't really care if it's out 50 lbs one way or the other, supposed to be 4650 by the specs i know, they weigh vehicles constantly going in then out, city run, i would expect they do pretty routine calibration?
You indicated 1 LB difference with/without you in...

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
You indicated 1 LB difference with/without you in...
Oops, my bad, got a little turned around there and missed a key to boot. 4617....subtract 200 lbs for me, i was 199 on the scale with jacket and no shoes so there. ;)
Sponsored