Sponsored

Weird Vibrations

Adventure_JTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
I have '22 Rubicon diesel with 9k miles on it and just within the last couple of weeks i get a random vibration when the brake is pressed waiting at a light or backing out of the driveway. The RPM isn't bouncing but it feels like almost like a rough idle. However, as soon as i let go of the brake it goes away. Almost like when the brake is pressed it is wanting to move forward but it's not. I've been going to the same gas station since i bought it and the last couple of weeks. I did use some HotShot treatment earlier this month but it doesn't seem to be what has triggered it as it started slightly before i used it.

I saw the thread about the transmission slipping/bucking and the harness chaffing issue. But i don't believe it is related. And i haven't gotten any CEL or rough idle when putting around.

I have my first oil change scheduled for next week and was going to run it by the service manager. But i don't know if it will be able to replicate it since it is random.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

MaysvilleStig

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
United States Marine Corps
Sounds vacuum related since it only happens when the brake is pressed. Maybe a leak in the brake booster?

KWin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise, BMW 328I, Toyota Tacoma, Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Engineer
any chance you have warped rotors? they would be defective ones if they warped that early

OP
OP
Adventure_JTRD

Adventure_JTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
any chance you have warped rotors? they would be defective ones if they warped that early
I don't have any issues stopping, so I don't think it's warped rotors.

Sponsored

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had posted something last year about mine doing something similar...

It's like a quick little rumble either right at the end of coming to a stop, or when you let go of the brake to start back up?

I dont know what it is, but it hasnt impacted anything else over the last 12 months. Ill be watching this to see if anything comes of it!

OP
OP
Adventure_JTRD

Adventure_JTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It's like a quick little rumble either right at the end of coming to a stop, or when you let go of the brake to start back up?

I dont know what it is, but it hasnt impacted anything else over the last 12 months. Ill be watching this to see if anything comes of it!
Yeah, pretty much. It almost like a misfire but it's only when stopped or first put it into reverse. The last couple of days it hasn't done it. So it's hard to figure it out.

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, pretty much. It almost like a misfire but it's only when stopped or first put it into reverse. The last couple of days it hasn't done it. So it's hard to figure it out.
Yea, I can never replicate it either. When I initially described it, it was like the auto start/stop trying to work, despite me having the button off. I couldnt even begin to tell you what it is lol, but It sounds like it might be the same thing.

OP
OP
Adventure_JTRD

Adventure_JTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, I can never replicate it either. When I initially described it, it was like the auto start/stop trying to work, despite me having the button off. I couldnt even begin to tell you what it is lol, but It sounds like it might be the same thing.
It happened to me again yesterday, and i tried a couple of things to see if it make it go away or worse. If i put it into N, the rumble/vibration would go away. If i put it in park it went away as well. But when i released the brake, it kind of lurched forward, almost like there was still "pressure/force" even though it was in N. At the next stoplight which is only less than a 1/4 mile, it didn't rumble or vibrate.

Sponsored

Butch-R-Vols

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland 3.0 Diesel, 2011 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired
Don't know......but could it have something to do with your ESS system. Turn it off and see if it still does it.

GoFastJTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
I have the same exact problem with my 22 JTRD. It comes and goes. Weird vibration at stop lights, but it’s not the engine. It’s definitely the transmission.

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD

Mine behave exactly the same as you described. I noticed since new. It does that when the rpm is dropping down closer to idling rpm, while coming to a complete stop. 14k miles now and no issues.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Mine does this too, glad I'm not the only one. 22 S diesel, only happens in reverse and usually when cold. Feels like going over rumble strips on the highway slowly.
Sponsored