First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I've been patiently waiting for the right time and I think Ive got myself in a situation where I can finally pull the trigger on a Gladiator.
I need some help though, in making a decision.
I don't plan on towing a boat, a giant camper or hay bails etc. But I may do a rooftop tent one day or possibly a small pop up camper. Nothing wild.
What I do plan on doing is hauling the family around with doors off and the top down wherever the road takes us (on or off).
This isn't a vehicle im going to trade off in a few years, I intend to keep it forever, maybe be buried in it I dunno :D

Im looking at a Mojave, it is at the top of my price range. I figure it will be a fun combination of around town and adventure mobile. The suspension sounds right up my alley, although there arent any sand dunes here in Eastern Kentucky. :P
Do you think the payload (its auto) will be ok based on the red?
Should I go for a max tow instead? Locally its pretty slim pickings, everything is maxed out Rubicon/Mojave. Ive not seen a single max tow locally and I have been watching since Gator and Gobi came out.

ETA:
while waiting on some feedback i just picked a rando camper that my wife said "would be okay I guess" then found a payload calculator online and here is what I got:

payload.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I've been patiently waiting for the right time and I think Ive got myself in a situation where I can finally pull the trigger on a Gladiator.
I don't plan on towing a boat, a giant camper or hay bails etc. But I may do a rooftop tent one day or possibly a small pop up camper. Nothing wild.
What I do plan on doing is hauling the family around with doors off and the top down wherever the road takes us (on or off).
This isn't a vehicle im going to trade off in a few years, I intend to keep it forever, maybe be buried in it I dunno :D

Im looking at a Mojave, it is at the top of my price range. I figure it will be a fun combination of around town and adventure mobile. The suspension sounds right up my alley, although there arent any sand dunes here in Eastern Kentucky. :P
Should I go for a max tow instead? Locally its pretty slim pickings, everything is maxed out Rubicon/Mojave. Ive not seen a single max tow locally and I have been watching since Gator and Gobi came out.
The Willys may be for you. Check it out.

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee

Have you considered special ordering exactly what you want instead of buying what is on lots? I just special ordered last week. Sucks to wait a few months for delivery, but I (like you) have been waiting and preparing to buy for a long time. You can get good deals when special ordering (check out the treads on Gupton Motors (based in Tennessee). A local MI dealer gave me a similar deal on my special order. You can get your Max Tow in the color you want with the exact options you want, etc.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
To be honest, I have waited for a long time and I just am not sure I could wait any further. lol
I also plan on paying cash im sure that will effect things. I was looking into seeing if a dealer could snag a truck from another dealer (maybe in another state I couldnt drive to) but I dunno.

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
With a Majave, I don't see you having any issues doing what you plan. One of the biggest benefits of the max tow is the 4:10 gears and you have that with the majave. It's probably heavier than max tow do that brings down the payload, but still with what you have in red, I don't see it being an issue

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
The package discount is substantial. And it sounds as if it may fill your needs.
I really want 4.10 can I get that with willy's? Ive been either looking at max tow with heated seats and maybe remote start or rubi/mojave with bare bones and good discount.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I really want 4.10 can I get that with willy's? Ive been either looking at max tow with heated seats and maybe remote start or rubi/mojave with bare bones and good discount.
Sorry, not a 4.10. Mine came with posi traction, heated seats, 8” display, paint matched fenders, remote start, tinted glass, and 32’s on 17” rims. And probably more stuff I haven’t discovered yet.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The Mojave is likely what I would go for, if buying now. Get one with a factory installed Tow Package, so it has the enhanced cooling and the upgraded alternator. Don't settle, get one with everything you want on it. I purchased in July 2019 with the same thinking, it may be the last truck I buy. I have a fully loaded Overland. The only items missing, that I wanted, are the front camera and the block heater. At some point I will probably install the Zautomotive camera, and if I ever move north, I'll look at getting the block heater installed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Sorry, not a 4.10. Mine came with posi traction, heated seats, 8” display, paint matched fenders, remote start, tinted glass, and 32’s on 17” rims. And probably more stuff I haven’t discovered yet.
how much was it though?

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
The Mojave is likely what I would go for, if buying now. Get one with a factory installed Tow Package, so it has the enhanced cooling and the upgraded alternator. Don't settle, get one with everything you want on it. I purchased in July 2019 with the same thinking, it may be the last truck I buy. I have a fully loaded Overland. The only items missing, that I wanted, are the front camera and the block heater. At some point I will probably install the Zautomotive camera, and if I ever move north, I'll look at getting the block heater installed.
well im going to try and rely on aftermarket for something if I can. This truck doesnt have heated seats and I want them but I can probably buy an after market kit for it if I had to.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
To be honest, I have waited for a long time and I just am not sure I could wait any further.
You said in your original post that you may keep the JT forever. That was my thinking as well. And that is why I placed a special order, to get exactly what I wanted, and nothing more. And I ordered last March, so I had to wait 4 months due to Covid. Your wait should be much less.

In any case the wait for me was well worth it.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
You said in your original post that you may keep the JT forever. That was my thinking as well. And that is why I placed a special order, to get exactly what I wanted, and nothing more. And I ordered last March, so I had to wait 4 months due to Covid. Your wait should be much less.

In any case the wait for me was well worth it.
well i havent ruled it out.
order and wait vs buy close and fill in the blanks as aftermarket allows.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Sorry, not a 4.10. Mine came with posi traction...
It's a limited slip differential which distributes power equally to both the right and left tires. The '64 Skylark had a regular differential, which, anyone who's been stuck in the mud in Alabama knows, you step on the gas, one tire spins, the other tire does nothing.
Sponsored