First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Just my 2 cents - you should special order EXACTLY what you want - it will be worth the wait! All good things are worth the weight.

Also - I don't think JT's are the best towing vehicles. Not trying to start a war here but the JT is a compromise. I looked at stuff for 2 years and narrowed down to what I really wanted. Towing is something I do occasionally (deer camp, 3000lb small ski boat 10 weekends a year, Boy Scout Troop trailer (less than 2000lbs). You definitely need the Max Tow on Sport, or get a Rubicon fitted exactly the way you want. Or a Mojave (i don't know that much about them - I think they are basically a light Rubicon - less underbody protection and no front locker). The 3.6 is a bit light on power for highway towing. Are you considering the ecodiesel?

Sorry - lots of thoughts but I think you will be happiest doing all the research you want, making a list of your top priorities and then optioning a vehicle that ticks most or all of those boxes. Maybe it is a JT? Maybe it is Ram 1500 or Ford F150. Or something completely different.
No, I dont want a big fullsize truck.
I mean do I sound unsure? lol <3
Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
My thought might be that if you can't find one in the color you want, then order one from Gupton.
You'll get a great price on exactly what you want.
A pretty drive home too! Maybe Sarge? :)

brotharon

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Freelance Stamp Collector
Looking at the configurations online is cool and all, but go drive them. I was sure I was going to get a Mojave until I drove it and a Rubicon. I disliked how the Mojave handled on the road compared to the Rubicon, and I will spend most of my time on the road so that was important to me. Also, the colors look completely different in person. I was 100% going to get hydro blue until I saw gator.
TLDR: go to a dealership and drive the things. Find the one that feels right to you.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
My thought might be that if you can't find one in the color you want, then order one from Gupton.
You'll get a great price on exactly what you want.
A pretty drive home too! Maybe Sarge? :)
I thought about sarge but its just not doing it for me. :< my wife hates it! lol

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then that's definitely out!

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I added remote start to my '06 Suburban. Works as intended...

Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Never had a remote start until now and it's not a big deal since I've lived without it for so long.

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager
I've been patiently waiting for the right time and I think Ive got myself in a situation where I can finally pull the trigger on a Gladiator.
I need some help though, in making a decision.
I don't plan on towing a boat, a giant camper or hay bails etc. But I may do a rooftop tent one day or possibly a small pop up camper. Nothing wild.
What I do plan on doing is hauling the family around with doors off and the top down wherever the road takes us (on or off).
This isn't a vehicle im going to trade off in a few years, I intend to keep it forever, maybe be buried in it I dunno :D

Im looking at a Mojave, it is at the top of my price range. I figure it will be a fun combination of around town and adventure mobile. The suspension sounds right up my alley, although there arent any sand dunes here in Eastern Kentucky. :P
Do you think the payload (its auto) will be ok based on the red?
Should I go for a max tow instead? Locally its pretty slim pickings, everything is maxed out Rubicon/Mojave. Ive not seen a single max tow locally and I have been watching since Gator and Gobi came out.

ETA:
while waiting on some feedback i just picked a rando camper that my wife said "would be okay I guess" then found a payload calculator online and here is what I got:

payload.JPG
As someone who was just in your boat, let me tell you this. Take your time and order exactly what you want. You took the time to save the money, why go and buy what someone else wanted?

I saved until I was ready, placed my order, then kept on saving until delivery so I could get all the extras.

Now here are my two cents. For the price you will pay for a mildly equipped Mojave, you could special order one hell of a Max Tow loaded with all the options plus still have money left over for a decent lift and tires.

I think the point here is decide what you want before you just walk into a dealership and announce what you want to buy a truck. Also, its not like the old days. dealerships rarely care if your paying cash, they actually make more money with the financing and it can be a hassle.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I've been patiently waiting for the right time and I think Ive got myself in a situation where I can finally pull the trigger on a Gladiator.
I don't plan on towing a boat, a giant camper or hay bails etc. But I may do a rooftop tent one day or possibly a small pop up camper. Nothing wild.
What I do plan on doing is hauling the family around with doors off and the top down wherever the road takes us (on or off).
This isn't a vehicle im going to trade off in a few years, I intend to keep it forever, maybe be buried in it I dunno :D

Im looking at a Mojave, it is at the top of my price range. I figure it will be a fun combination of around town and adventure mobile. The suspension sounds right up my alley, although there arent any sand dunes here in Eastern Kentucky. :P
Should I go for a max tow instead? Locally its pretty slim pickings, everything is maxed out Rubicon/Mojave. Ive not seen a single max tow locally and I have been watching since Gator and Gobi came out.

ETA:
while waiting on some feedback i just picked a rando camper that my wife said "would be okay I guess" then found a payload calculator online and here is what I got:

payload.JPG
I got a Mojave for the same use purposes you did, and so far couldnt be happier with it.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette

ETA:

payload.JPG
The payload will be more than enough for what you describe. People do that stuff with Wranglers and it isn't close to the standard capacity of the Gladiator.
Sponsored