Sponsored

Well....my kid bought a Taco

• Thread starter Deleted member 24880
  • Start date
  • Watchers 11

Deleted member 24880

So my 24 yr old son has been really wanting to get back into a truck so he can do some off roading and dune running with good ole dad. He was looking and Gladiators and Wranglers but just couldn’t afford the “far superior model vehicle” and refused to sell his Harley to be able to afford one. So yesterday he called and said I own a truck gain. He is super happy and it’s actually a really nice truck. After I checked it out inside and out I told him how nice it was and soon I will show him why it’s inferior to a Gladiator. LOL. We will have fun I’m sure with the trucks as well as the banter. Here‘s to new memories

362C9A3E-EBCD-4D58-907E-35DAA0371C48.jpeg
Sponsored

Whatscooking

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Chorkee. 2004 Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
My son was pushing me towards one, said they are more refined. After he has seen my Gladiator and i told him my MPG he said not bad dad. Ow and the removable tops are just icing on the cake.

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
Congrats to your son!
My son (23) is also looking at Tacos. He really likes my Jeep but at $56,800 + 13% tax for a base JTR, they are too pricey for him.
You're going to have to hit some pretty extreme offroad trails before one seems noticeably better than the other. Have fun with the banter. :)

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
There is nothing wrong at all with Tacomas. I am actually a big Toyota fan. When the gladiator came out, I wanted one, and here I am.
Seating position in the older ones, underpowered engine, funky transmission shifting, payload/towing, interior comforts, antiquated stereo.

Sponsored

Jems007

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I wish Jeeps and Toyota's played well together. There a lot of toyota truck groups out here and they seem to stick to themselves--but I guess jeeps do as well. And in their forums it always seems like a majority are smack talking jeeps if one gets brought up.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I bought a 2003 Tacoma with 55k miles on it and put another 155k miles on it. I didn't ever have to do anything besides oil changes and new tires once

OP
OP

Deleted member 24880

I wish Jeeps and Toyota's played well together. There a lot of toyota truck groups out here and they seem to stick to themselves--but I guess jeeps do as well. And in their forums it always seems like a majority are smack talking jeeps if one gets brought up.
I think i have seen a few bad mouths on Tacos here as well. We all think what we have is the best that’s why we bought it..... or that’s what we tell ourselves to feel better. LOL

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
I bought a 2003 Tacoma with 55k miles on it and put another 155k miles on it. I didn't ever have to do anything besides oil changes and new tires once
155,000 miles without needing new brakes? :surprised:

Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Seating position in the older ones, underpowered engine, funky transmission shifting, payload/towing, interior comforts, antiquated stereo.
That was actually one thing I loved about my old tacoma was how low I sat. It was weird sitting taller and my legs at a right angle on other vehicles.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
My crew from work has mostly Jeepers, but the Taco driver does a great job showing how capable they are.

I don't get the "you didn't buy what I did so I don't like you" vibe. Sad, we all need to stick together to preserve access to the public lands we enjoy.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
It is always good to have a Tacoma in your group so we can practice our recovery skills or exercise our winches to pluck them out of precarious situations ...

Actually I had a 2004 Tacoma and it was a great and reliable truck ... Very capable off road etc etc etc ... Loved it ...

Now I have a Gladiator and feel the same way ...

Honestly I do not get the BRAND B.S.

Everyone on a jeep or tacoma forum likes trucks, going off road, tinkering, tires, beer, bbq, camping, and probably a whole host of other hobbies like ham radio, scuba, aviation, RV'ing ..

Its hard enough to find good people to share experiences with in this world. Why make it harder by being a jackass about a vehicle ... Its not like they showed up in a corolla expecting to offroad right ?

Who cares what you drive ? I'm just goad that your here !!!
Sponsored