Sponsored

Welp, another wreck advice needed.

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So here goes folks
I was rear ended by a 20 year old kid, the gladiator is still driveable but I'm now having issues because he isnt on the insurance of the other vehicle involved and their adjuster wants to have a investigation of permission. I am thinking of not cooperating until they come back with a yes or no on if they will take responsibility.
He tried to swerve left to avoid the collision ended up going under my left bumper pulling the slider out of the frame hitting my tire which has cuts but no wheel damage and pushing the bed into the cab causing indent on the cab's left side and winding up in front of me to the left.
Here's the damage
20191020_074742.jpg
20191020_074735.jpg
20191020_074720.jpg
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Ouch!
Looks like the other vehicle faired much worse though.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get a copy of the police report?
Was he cited for the accident?

You may have to turn it over to your insurance company and let them go after the other one. It should be covered by yours under the uninsured/underinsured section.

OP
OP
kwiklot

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ouch!
Looks like the other vehicle faired much worse though.
I imagine the other is totalled, to the left you can see the quarter panel is peeled back and windshield is toast the frame damage is to the right horn, noone was hurt which is all I was worried about at the time, but dealing with insurance companies is much much worse lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
kwiklot

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Did you get a copy of the police report?
Was he cited for the accident?

You may have to turn it over to your insurance company and let them go after the other one. It should be covered by yours under the uninsured/underinsured section.
I did get a copy the officer didnt cited anyone but it spells it out where he rear ended me while I was stopped.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
File on your comprehensive and let your insurance company subrogate the other parties.

This is what you pay for insurance for.

The other vehicle and vehicles owner is what is insured, not the other driver. If they permited the the driver, it is covered under their policy and they very well know that,

OP
OP
kwiklot

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
File on your comprehensive and let your insurance company subrogate the other parties.

This is what you pay for insurance for.

The other vehicle and vehicles owner is what is insured, not the other driver. If they permited the the driver, it is covered under their policy and they very well know that,
I understand, I felt like I should wait until they said they would absolutely not pay since I have the ability to still drive, It makes sense my insurance would get ruthless with them for reimbusement.
Ty

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
You might want to get your insurance on it sooner than waiting on them. I see frame damage and that is VERY expensive if not a total. Let the insurance company handle it. Seriously you give them a ton of money to do this exact thing for you.

OP
OP
kwiklot

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You might want to get your insurance on it sooner than waiting on them. I see frame damage and that is VERY expensive if not a total. Let the insurance company handle it. Seriously you give them a ton of money to do this exact thing for you.
Thanks it happened thursday, then I had a training exercise friday into saturday night, I will get on it.

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I understand, I felt like I should wait until they said they would absolutely not pay since I have the ability to still drive, It makes sense my insurance would get ruthless with them for reimbusement.
Ty
The adjuster wants to get the owner to say they didn't give the kid permission to drive it in an effort to push fiscal responsibility on the kid who doesn't have shit.

File on your insurance.

OP
OP
kwiklot

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The adjuster wants to get the owner to say they didn't give the kid permission to drive it in an effort to push fiscal responsibility on the kid who doesn't have shit.

File on your insurance.
I gathered that, and it's frustrating.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Ouch! My wife’s Volt was hit by a big buck, and did about the same amount of damage as the small car got from this collision. The Volt was repaired, but it cost $9K to get it done. But it still “hurts” to get a brand new vehicle damaged as a result of an accident like this. That 20-year old needs to bear the responsibility of his actions, for not paying attention to his driving or following you too closely for conditions. I also think he needs to go back to a driving course. ;)

Insurance companies normally are not pushy with other insurance companies, and for the mot part “play together” nicely. In Calif. all drivers are required to file a DMV report within 10 days (I believe) and most insurance companies require prompt reporting. So I would notify your insurance company ASAP to get the process going, this alone can take up to two weeks.
Cheers

OP
OP
kwiklot

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ouch! My wife’s Volt was hit by a big buck, and did about the same amount of damage as the small car got from this collision. The Volt was repaired, but it cost $9K to get it done. But it still “hurts” to get a brand new vehicle damaged as a result of an accident like this. That 20-year old needs to bear the responsibility of his actions, for not paying attention to his driving or following you too closely for conditions. I also think he needs to go back to a driving course. ;)

Insurance companies normally are not pushy with other insurance companies, and for the mot part “play together” nicely. In Calif. all drivers are required to file a DMV report within 10 days (I believe) and most insurance companies require prompt reporting. So I would notify your insurance company ASAP to get the process going, this alone can take up to two weeks.
Cheers
Thanks yes it would be better to get moving on it, I already informed my insurance the day it happened, at this point I will probably just be going through my insurance, I worry about the rail slider anchor bolt being pulled through the frame, and the bed being pushed so far that it hit the cab, unfortunately it will never be %100 to me but hey that's life. I'm upbeat for the most part just dont want to get screwed.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
I hear you, I would almost tell the other guy, he just bought a “new/damaged” JT, and make them rep,ace it with a new JT!
Sponsored