Sponsored

What’s the difference between premium soft top and regular?

Gladiate

First Name
Nicasio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
They've had the same soft options on the JK and JL FYI. The basic soft top, referred to as the vinyl top is not as 'soft'. It's also more of a faded black, kinda greyish. The premium top feels more like a fabric and is a darker black if that makes sense.
Sponsored

Bruhast

First Name
Nathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Lexus IS350, 2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE
It’s interesting that you can’t order the soft top rear window storage bag without adding the premium soft top. Does that make anyone think there is something different about functionality?

3CE7C42C-02B6-4BAC-B6CB-BC71B9C84052.jpeg

Moonridge

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass
Vehicle Showcase
Just a question.. if you keep the regular soft top on could I keep the truck outside in rain and it not leak or am I better keeping her in a carport. I guess I'm asking how water resistant the soft top is
We keep soft tops outside throughout the whole year, and I have never seen one leak from elements. Snow, rain, sleet, and even paintballs (really happened) couldn't hurt the soft top. As long as you open and close it correctly, you are golden.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
We keep soft tops outside throughout the whole year, and I have never seen one leak from elements. Snow, rain, sleet, and even paintballs (really happened) couldn't hurt the soft top. As long as you open and close it correctly, you are golden.
Though too, weather stripping fails, people fail to operate the top correctly, etc....they leak. You can accept we drive a vehicle that is MADE to be capable of handling a rain shower with the top DOWN, and be thankful that a leak is a minor inconvenience and an acceptable predicament to be in given all the fun that a Jeep is...or you can expect your Jeep to act like a Lexus and be disappointed.

Remember, a Jeep is designed and made to EXPOSE us to the elements of this world, not function as a cocoon, isolating us from the world. Keep a Sham-wow in the glovebox...And invest in some Bartact seat-covers. One day soon you’ll leave the top off or the doors at home and be surprised by rain. Smile. Laugh. Take a selfie and share with the world that you a little water can’t ruin your day.

Sponsored

SergioGmz

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S 2020
Do any of you have an actual pictures showing the physical differences between them?

J.J. Slim

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Power House Operator
I have the premium top. Better fabric and tinted rear window. Tinted rear window is worth it.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
I have the premium top. Better fabric and tinted rear window. Tinted rear window is worth it.
Is it impossible to get the standard soft top with the back window tinted?

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Yes, mine came that way

So yours came with the standard soft top and tinted rear window? I just cant decide if the premium soft top is worth the extra $600.

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
Yes it did, not having had the Premium personally I am no help , I have no problems with the standard and do not find my self wanting.

So yours came with the standard soft top and tinted rear window? I just cant decide if the premium soft top is worth the extra $600.
Sponsored