Sponsored

What’s this Warning Light?

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
so this has been on my dashboard for a few days....regardless of the button on center console is pushed to activate/de activate the ESS....
Ideas?

37469896-7E2B-4391-A9C3-8D57620625A1.jpeg
Sponsored

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
so this has been on my dashboard for a few days....regardless of the button on center console is pushed to activate/de activate the ESS....
Ideas?

First thought is the hood latch. Is it locked down right whereas to depress the sensor on the right side? If not, possible 2nd battery issue?

OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
First thought is the hood latch. Is it locked down right whereas to depress the sensor on the right side? If not, possible 2nd battery issue?
Haven’t touched the hood since purchase. Guess I’ll wait and have dealer check it out during first oil change. I usually get oil changed before 5000 miles.

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Haven’t touched the hood since purchase. Guess I’ll wait and have dealer check it out during first oil change. I usually get oil changed before 5000 miles.
Might want to wait on that first oil change. I recall reading something about that first oil change and where you have to wait for like 10 k mi or something due to the initial break in oil they put in the JT.

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Is that the auto stop and start switch alarm I have had mine on but didn’t look for an alarm light did notice an alarm light on the dash when I get it but its for the over head light when it goes off the alarm light on the dash goes out

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
That is a fault indicator for the start/stop system.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Might want to wait on that first oil change. I recall reading something about that first oil change and where you have to wait for like 10 k mi or something due to the initial break in oil they put in the JT.
This is completely false...
No auto manufacturer uses a special break in oil.

Col C

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Ideas?

Like Hootbro said, it's the fault indicator for the auto start/stop system. Take it back to the dealer and have them check it out.

OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have done it for every car we have owned, except our European ones, and it has served me well just as an extra step of precaution...

Moonridge

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass
Vehicle Showcase
Ideas?

It's your auto start stop light. If you go to your messages in your display above the steering wheel, it will tell you to service the auto start system. In my Compass this light came on when the second battery under the main battery refused to keep a charge. It was replaced under factory warranty.

Sponsored

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
This is completely false...
No auto manufacturer uses a special break in oil.
I'm with you on this one. I get the first oil change done quickly. I look at it as a flush of possible debris from manufacture. You would be surprised how much therr can be in a new engine.

JS2

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Bright White Soft Top, '15 Honda Odyssey, '97 Wrangler Sport (Retired 2010)
I'm with you on this one. I get the first oil change done quickly. I look at it as a flush of possible debris from manufacture. You would be surprised how much therr can be in a new engine.
I agree. I always do the first oil change within 500-1,000 miles. 2nd around 3,000-4,000 (total miles) then after that, every 5,000.

I changed the oil myself at 1,000 miles on my wife's Honda Odyssey. A lot of debris and small flecks in the oil once drained. 2nd oil change at 3,000 miles had very little debris.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
Yeah, pretty much every small engine manufacturer recommends this. Hard to imagine this isn't a best practice for any engine.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, pretty much every small engine manufacturer recommends this. Hard to imagine this isn't a best practice for any engine.
You guys are going by urban legend.

Here's a hint: change the oil according to the manufacturer's recommendations (RTFM).

Changing it before is a waste of your $$$

PK2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranchero, Triumph Speed Triple, Isuzu Dmax
It's not long ago that the first oil change was a few thousand kms.
Now, in my Isuzu DMax the first oil change was 20000kms! For a diesel!
I did it at 10000km anyway, so every 20000km the dealer does oil and filter etc, I do oil every 10000km
Isuzu have been building light/mid size truck engines for many years, and have a great reputation for reliability, so I suppose they know best, but for me it's just wrong.
Sponsored