What’s up with Gladiator builds?

propkillr

First Name
Howell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jk
For the last three days not one truck was built form the March and April list of ordered Glads! They are building a bunch of May and even June orders! Come on guys , channel your Kirk Douglas and move! Oh yea can I have some cheese with that wine on plywood?
Sponsored

OP
OP
propkillr

propkillr

First Name
Howell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jk
Yea you can, I do ! Ask my boss who’s always working me into next week

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The April orders were all fully loaded trucks that included the options that are on restriction, like the steel bumpers, etc. I guess they're building the ones that are quick and easy to push down the line right now.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I ordered in May and got a VIN# last week. They would not let me order the steel bumper or trail cam.

Maybe the orders that went in with restricted items are getting pushed instead of letting you opt out of those items. I ordered every meaningful option (no cigarette lighter, bed liner or tonneau (sp?) cover), and all of the tech, so I don't know, but I suspect since they accepted the order with those items they just won't build the truck until they have them.

I really am not concerned with either one of the things they cut off, there are plenty of bumpers out there, and I'm not too sure how well I would like the trail cam looking through/around a grille guard.I actually added the camera as an afterthought because it was the only piece of tech I didn't spec, then they cut it, so oh well.

Sponsored

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
It is obvious that some builds are on hold, some are slow and some are fast........ The "powers to be" are reluctant to explain this to their loyal customers. BUT - there is a root cause to this production issue. Sadly, we may never no the true reason.

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
My nearly fully loaded Rubicon build has a few boxes "greyed out" I can't get a steel bumper or a Bluetooth speaker, which both aren't deal breakers!

OP
OP
propkillr

propkillr

First Name
Howell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jk
I ordered my Gladi on 4/29/19. with that I'm thinking I'm 55 days in and surely I should have been out of "D" status by now. I called Brenda at Jeep Chat and learned I wasn't listed until 5/14! She said I was only 35 days in. Be patient. She never met me so I Let her go with a have a nice day. I really believe me and my salesman will talk a lot abot this delay when we speak about my 2018 Willy's trade in> Yea.
I like every one else, would like to know why the slowdown if there is one.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
I ordered my Gladi on 4/29/19. with that I'm thinking I'm 55 days in and surely I should have been out of "D" status by now. I called Brenda at Jeep Chat and learned I wasn't listed until 5/14! She said I was only 35 days in. Be patient. She never met me so I Let her go with a have a nice day. I really believe me and my salesman will talk a lot abot this delay when we speak about my 2018 Willy's trade in> Yea.
I like every one else, would like to know why the slowdown if there is one.
I saw something on the JL forums about a shutdown in May to do some retooling at the factory. I don't have time to search for it but I did find this https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-government-orders-possible-uaw-strike.14664/ It's 22 pages long.

Sponsored

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And there was some delay about the steel bumpers.

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
There are a few hold ups that we have figured out on through forums, Main issue is the Steel Bumper Upgrade. Looks like Bed Liner is a delay, Trail Cam is now on short availability. Some hard top colors are now unavailable.

My speculation was that the LE orders (Fully loaded) ended up being pushed to the front of the line and supplying all the parts for them has killed the inventory for other builds. There are still LE's waiting to be built so they obviously didn't have the inventory to even do that. They will figure it out soon enough but, I don't think FCA was prepared for the demand out the gate.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I saw something on the JL forums about a shutdown in May to do some retooling at the factory. I don't have time to search for it but I did find this https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-government-orders-possible-uaw-strike.14664/ It's 22 pages long.
The shutdown was for the JL line only. My wife and I ordered Jeeps at the same time 5/2. Her a JLU and I a JT. The JL line shut down for 3 weeks and my JT got stuck in JB for 28 days. Her Jeep sits in the driveway and my truck sits in shipping.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The shutdown was for the JL line only. My wife and I ordered Jeeps at the same time 5/2. Her a JLU and I a JT. The JL line shut down for 3 weeks and my JT got stuck in JB for 28 days. Her Jeep sits in the driveway and my truck sits in shipping.
Why was your JT stuck in JB for 28 days? Did you order the steel bumper group?
Sponsored