Sponsored

What are people doing about cargo management in the bed?

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
Took the Gladiator out on some trails west of Bolder, CO today for the first time. Super easy trail... Had a bag with a recovery strap, shackles, small shovel, backpack full of straps and a inexpensive compressor (while i wait for the ARB Single Portable). Did not want everything bouncing around the bed so used this cargo net from my wifes Mercedes SUV. It has these tiny wire hooks that i put onto the big black lower D rings and at the top hooked on to the lip of the rails... But less than ideal and would never have held on if the trail was even remotely challenging.

(Rollup truck bed cover was extended, just rolled up for this picture)

Had my wife and two kids in car seats in the cabin... So not much space there. Can use the under rear seat storage since dont have access with the child car seats...

Next time out I will have an ARB Single compressor that comes in the plastic tool box... dont want that bouncing around the bed.

(Was not able to get the factory bed liner due to it not being available as an option wit the Diesel.. Will soon get LineX sprayed which will help a bit)

Jeep Gladiator What are people doing about cargo management in the bed? 1BC814DC-C607-46F7-8560-D884B5E69002_1_105_c

Jeep Gladiator What are people doing about cargo management in the bed? 3E4E74DC-DFF5-436F-8364-7CA3493B0B25_1_105_c
Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
For smaller excursions, that little slot toward the back holds a board well enough and then rubbermaid type containers behind that. A ratcheting load bar across the bed does well for when you have coolers and other things.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
If you look at Yankee's pic, just aft of the wheel well there is a pocket for a 2x4" or 2x6". I (in all my trucks) cut a psi treated board, rounded the edges and put it across that space. Created a mini garage as it were. This keeps things in a close space to the tail gate for access and from sliding all over. You can then get bins, action pacer type things that fit for even easier carry.

Just an option, works great with a cover like you have.