Sponsored

What are typical discounts from dealers when ordering (not from their lot)

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S Max Tow, Punkin Metallic
What type if discounts are folks seeing these days if you ORDER from a dealer? What % of of msrp? Just wondering what type of deals are out there
Sponsored

Musser717

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Gladiator Overland, c300 DD
What type if discounts are folks seeing these days if you ORDER from a dealer? What % of of msrp? Just wondering what type of deals are out there
Really depends on where you go. I just got mine Friday night off the lot but I had 2 dealerships willing to do 5% below invoice on my order, one was out of state (MD) and the other was Courtesy in Coatesville pa talking with Kate. Which had it not been really local and the dealership willing to match the 5% for an on the lot which was only missing the Aux buttons for me I would have gone through Kate. Super easy to deal with.

You’ll want to look for a high volume dealership to get the best price.

sawman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z71
5% below invoice (not MSRP) is the norm. Can get up to 7% with added incentives. Saw one person claiming he could work a deal for 9%, but nobody can verify that.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
None. Dealers around here are all the same corporation and get MSRP for everything unless you leave this area and/or go to an independent or one owned by a different corporation.
Yeah, some offer the discounts, but most not. Shop around.
I threw the dealer here a curve - agreed on list, agreed on their low-ball for my trade, then before the JT I ordered through them arrived, I sold my trade to another dealer for thousands more, then when it came in and I went to "pick it up", I told them I wanted to renegotiate.
Got a couple thou off the day I went to pick it up - or they'd have been stuck with it since I signed nothing.
My wife was shocked I did that - but hey, it's not like they had anything to lose - it was an order, not something sitting on their lot for weeks or months COSTING them money for every week it went unsold. They weren't happy.

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
Mall of Georgia is 6% under invoice all day. Ask for Mike Clinin. Tell him Brian W. sent you.

Reactions: jlg

Sponsored

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
5% below invoice (not MSRP) is the norm. Can get up to 7% with added incentives. Saw one person claiming he could work a deal for 9%, but nobody can verify that.
I emailed that 9% guy. It was typical sales tactic. Got to have military, rebates, tread lightly, competitor car. College student, Basically just stacking all possible discounts that arnt typically possible. I think in the end it came down to around 5%. So far travis from tri city has been the most legit straight forward. I plan on reaching out to kate next month when I order Since she is way closer to home.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
My local dealer will do 4% under invoice with an order and a discount from Tread Lightly or Access Fund. I figure that saves me the cost of travelling to Boise to get 6% below invoice, so it's worthwhile. When I'm ready to buy, I'll see if they have a JT on the lot which I like. If so, I'm going to do all I can to get the same discount on that JT.

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My local dealer just looked at me like I was crazy. Even when I mentioned honest to goodness advertised % off prices I have already talked to from other dealers he did not believe me and said that if I can get that then I should go there.
I don't know how these people sell anything.

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My local dealer just looked at me like I was crazy. Even when I mentioned honest to goodness advertised % off prices I have already talked to from other dealers he did not believe me and said that if I can get that then I should go there.
I don't know how these people sell anything.
They sell because people don't research. Being on the forum for 10 minutes will tell you that for a little travel, you can save thousands of dollars. Money to some just doesn't matter as much as others. Lining the pockets of rich dealerships isn't my bag baby.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wish it was as simple as blaming the evil rich dealerships (like candidates blame evil corporations for all world ills)
There are different levels or classes or whatever it's called, depending on size, numbers of orders and so on - and there are tax implications of where the dealership is, local expenses - it's a big deal. Overhead costs factor in. Prevailing wages of big metro areas compared to cheaper rural areas, cost of living, property taxes etc.
Granted some won't budge because frankly they don't have to and some people value their time driving for a full day vs. going, getting, getting home in one afternoon.
If a huge discount is critical for YOU, then shop around. If your time is worth something, find a close dealer you can live with and deal.
By the time I'd drive very far - considering fuel, vehicle miles, what I can make working in my shop during that time on the road, it would have to be a heft discount for me. Some think they are saving but don't count all of the odds and ends spent getting that discount.
Me - like I said above - I didn't do too bad by leveraging time......... I saved almost as much as if I'd driven hours by waiting until the thing was ordered, built and delivered, before making my final push. I had not signed anything so if they had called my bluff, worst case is I order elsewhere and wait a few more weeks.

Sponsored

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wish it was as simple as blaming the evil rich dealerships (like candidates blame evil corporations for all world ills)
There are different levels or classes or whatever it's called, depending on size, numbers of orders and so on - and there are tax implications of where the dealership is, local expenses - it's a big deal. Overhead costs factor in. Prevailing wages of big metro areas compared to cheaper rural areas, cost of living, property taxes etc.
Granted some won't budge because frankly they don't have to and some people value their time driving for a full day vs. going, getting, getting home in one afternoon.
If a huge discount is critical for YOU, then shop around. If your time is worth something, find a close dealer you can live with and deal.
By the time I'd drive very far - considering fuel, vehicle miles, what I can make working in my shop during that time on the road, it would have to be a heft discount for me. Some think they are saving but don't count all of the odds and ends spent getting that discount.
Me - like I said above - I didn't do too bad by leveraging time......... I saved almost as much as if I'd driven hours by waiting until the thing was ordered, built and delivered, before making my final push. I had not signed anything so if they had called my bluff, worst case is I order elsewhere and wait a few more weeks.
I think you basically said the same as me except you used a lot more words.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think you basically said the same as me except you used a lot more words.
So with minimal words I'll simply "like" your post LOL

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I emailed that 9% guy. It was typical sales tactic. Got to have military, rebates, tread lightly, competitor car. College student, Basically just stacking all possible discounts that arnt typically possible. I think in the end it came down to around 5%. So far travis from tri city has been the most legit straight forward. I plan on reaching out to kate next month when I order Since she is way closer to home.
Good to know. I emailed them too. Kind of what I suspected. They were supposed to get back to me, but it’s been about a week since.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know. I emailed them too. Kind of what I suspected. They were supposed to get back to me, but it’s been about a week since.
On the other hand, Spencer in Iowa replies the same day if not sooner. I mean they are quick and friendly.
If I had not already ordered, wasn't already close to having it - and if my dealer here hadn't relented and dropped a couple thou more off the price - I'd have gone to Spirit Lake in a heart beat. I even had thoughts of using my WJ to pull my car hauler up there, putting the car hauler on the new JT and loading the WJ onto my trailer and pulling it back home.
Sponsored