Sponsored

What are we doing with our aux switches?

Kulahpac

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have a few sets of LEDs set up to my aux switches. I don't really need anymore light but I have 2 unused aux switches... Looking for some ideas of what people are hooking up to their aux switches aside from lighting.

Thanks in advance....
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kulahpac

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP

Kulahpac

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yes but I will probly wire them directly to the battery. Don't want to worry about turned ng them on if I need to take a quick shot.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My Comanche had a button on the dash I labeled "engage force field" and boy, did I get the questions on that one........
Now if it was my father, decades ago he'd rigged up another coil under the car with a spark plug at the end of his exhaust - he'd back off the gas to fill the exhaust pipes (it was a stick) and then hit the button - POW! The older I get, the more I hear, the more I realize my parents were a little, well, ornery?

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I used one to run my Rock Slide Engineering power steps. This avoided the need for using the little switch they provided, cleaner install. A cool benefit I did not think of beforehand is that aux switches get disabled when the battery is low. This will keep the steps from sucking the battery dry.

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer told me that, on JKs, they are able to switch something around in the fuse box, making one or more of the power sources stay on when the vehicle is turned off. The dealer said a week ago that they were looking into whether and how it can be done on Gladiators. I assume they would do the same thing, whatever it is. The dealer seems to have forgotten about this. Has anyone accomplished this?

It is fairly important to me to get that done, at least to the cig lighter up front and the power jack behind the console. Sometimes, I camp for many days where there is no electricity, and it is helpful to be able to recharge things while the vehicle is off. I did it all of the time with my GM vehicles, which are set up that way.

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
The dealer told me that, on JKs, they are able to switch something around in the fuse box, making one or more of the power sources stay on when the vehicle is turned off. The dealer said a week ago that they were looking into whether and how it can be done on Gladiators. I assume they would do the same thing, whatever it is. The dealer seems to have forgotten about this. Has anyone accomplished this?

It is fairly important to me to get that done, at least to the cig lighter up front and the power jack behind the console. Sometimes, I camp for many days where there is no electricity, and it is helpful to be able to recharge things while the vehicle is off. I did it all of the time with my GM vehicles, which are set up that way.
you can make the factory installed aux switch work either way through the touchscreen. Hot always or just when key is on.

Pretty sure the USB is always hot in my truck.

Sponsored

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
you can make the factory installed aux switch work either way through the touchscreen. Hot always or just when key is on.

Pretty sure the USB is always hot in my truck.
Thanks Cape Taco. Which option on the touchscreen? I'm 240 miles away from my Jeep ight now, so I can't try it out myself just now. Thanks in advance for any info.

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Thanks Cape Taco. Which option on the touchscreen? I'm 240 miles away from my Jeep ight now, so I can't try it out myself just now. Thanks in advance for any info.
Settings, aux switches, pick 1-2-3 or 4. Each switch has an option to choose battery or ignition.
7B187F9D-AAB4-4195-B5B7-CDBD74B7CFC0.jpeg

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

It may be that the outlets are controlled by a relay in which case you can remove the relay and bridge the circuit so that it is always on. You would need to get hold of the electrical maintenance manual (if there is one) to know for sure.

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!

I have the more-limited screen, but hopefully that works.
Sponsored