Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Now that we are getting some traction on the Gladiator, more and more accessories are coming online.

What IS NOT out yet that you are still waiting for?

For me...

1. BAK Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
https://bakflip.com/p/bak-revolver-x2-tonneau-cover/

*Saw at the show early last year. They said it was coming but no luck yet.

2. Rugged Ridge 17756.31 XHD Snorkel System
https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-...ladiator-jt/hi-low-mount-snorkel-system-jl-jt

3. BuiltRight Utility Rail System

https://www.builtrightind.com/jeep-gladiator-products/2020-jeep-gladiator-utility-rail-system

*Might be out. Emailed them several weeks ago but no response.

4. Reasonably priced 8.4" screen upgrade

What about you?
Sponsored

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
but...more specifically, I'm waiting for those tuffy bed boxes w/the bestop tonnau cover to get dropped! I saw them on a SEMA build, and there was a write-up on them that someone posted (can't find it). Been checking the website since SEMA, and no news.

Sponsored

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
Whelp...first payment made...but I always pay things off faster than loans show. So I put down a huge down payment when I purchased...theeeeeen I have to pay for plates/registration in a few days. Which means the state is taking $1500 (give or take) real soon.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I'm waiting to pay off the vehicle. While I don't INTEND to ever give up this vehicle, I have seen tragedy and financial ruin hit several people and know it is a possibility for anyone, including this young grad who started a new job and just had his first kid, to find it NECESSARY to part ways with his beloved vehicle to avoid being homeless, bankrupt, etc.

Those accessories won't matter much to the number a dealer offers me if I have to sell/trade the JT. And if I am having to sell/trade the JT it means I don't have time to uninstall them and sell them for a better price privately, or wait for the JT to sell privately as is for a price more than a car dealer would offer me. Being the max tow, it would sell more as a truck than an off roading vehicle, and thus the market would be slimmer. For the same reason folks don't buy these new, folks won't be buying them used.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
After buying the Gladiator, I don't have any cash for anything. I do wonder how people can buy so many accessories so quickly after a new car purchase.

However, I only pay cash.
Based on some of the pictures. My whole property, shop, house, and 3 acres is likely worth 30% of some of them.
(don't get me wrong- no complaints, they've worked at and for it in almost all cases. If they can - why not?
What we choose as priorities has to enter in, too. Choices made over the years, family situations, jobs, locations, all sorts of things.

I drool over some of those pics and the homes - but I'm mostly content where I am and how I live.
The JT was a HUGE chunk of what my annual salary would have been. Easily over 70% of it. (Closer to 75% if you figure taxes and the final numbers)
So not a lot left. For "extras" my wife and I work our hobbies to make money so now and then have a hundred bucks to play with.

I've not bought a bunch of accessories - and what my wife bought me were things like the tray for the console, the little stick on cubbies, that sort of thing. I don't have a winch, stock bumpers, and the tires and wheels will be take-offs.
My mother was frugal, I got some of that from her. She called herself "Scotch" but these days I suppose that's offensive.

I guess I'm not really waiting on anything other than a few things already bought to arrive and weather to break. Highs in the single digits coming up.
I may change my mind later - I've not had it that long, and it's winter so no way to really enjoy it or think of anything other than surviving until spring. We'll see how I feel come good weather, and if I decided to keep the WJ or not, where I put my attention to next. I have huge goals for one of my other cars so the money may go there first. The JT is good as I bought it - no need for a lot of stuff.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Whelp...first payment made...but I always pay things off faster than loans show. So I put down a huge down payment when I purchased...theeeeeen I have to pay for plates/registration in a few days. Which means the state is taking $1500 (give or take) real soon.
Sounds like what my wife and I did for years. We'd take a loan for as long a term as we could possibly get - spread that baby out there to the max. House cars, whatever - if we could get 6 years we'd go there. If we could afford 15 on a house but could get 30 years, we'd do that.
Then each month make a larger principal payments. Get that house paid off in 15 or less, the car in 2 or 3.
That paid off for us when Principal called 70 of us into a conference room. You could smell it in the air - we knew what was going on, we were all IT people. Yup - here's your walking papers, security will see you to the door, your accounts are already gone.
22 months.
How'd we survive? Stopped paying extra, dropped to the lower monthly payments. The last few months we did draw a bit out of savings to get by - but our thing was always "what if........." and that what if happened. I got a job, we replenished our savings and moved forward.
I can't stress enough to people - PLAN AHEAD. Just because you can afford that house or car now doesn't mean that you will be able to in 3 years. What if you get sick, an accident, laid off, anything, plan. Get any loans pretending you don't make squat and can't afford it, then pay faster and earlier. IF the worst happens, you fall back to the normal payments and don't have to be worried.

My mother was a financial genius (found out later- just the latter word actually applied) - she had to be. Dad worked in a factory, she had health issues that prevented her from working a a nurses aid after a few years. She did house cleaning to help get by, a few bucks a week. She had a shoe box with manilla envelopes. Dad would cash his check each week and hand her the money. She'd put some in each envelope - one marked for electric, another for water, another for insurance, and she'd hand Dad a 20 for groceries. He bought what he could for that 20 bucks.
They bought their first ever new vehicle in 2010 - a new Ford Ranger. Mom kept apologizing that she was spending our inheritance - I gave her crap back saying I didn't want any of their money - I wasn't living waiting for that - they raised us better than that.

She died in 2015 after a long bout with cancer - Dad took care of her at home in that final year as best he could - always concerned the state was going to take their money for her care.
I have to be honest - I have my JT for two reasons - I sold one of my beloved cars for cash, and because of my parents. If not for Mom and Dad and their sacrifices over the years, I'd still be driving that Silverado (albeit with new tires LOL)

Last edited:

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Now that we are getting some traction on the Gladiator, more and more accessories are coming online.

For me...

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-...ladiator-jt/hi-low-mount-snorkel-system-jl-jt

https://www.builtrightind.com/jeep-gladiator-products/2020-jeep-gladiator-utility-rail-system

What about you?
1. Checkout the Rugged Ridge Armis HArd Rolling Bed Cover which appears to be the same thing. Been real pleased with mine.
https://ruggedridge.com/armis-hard-rolling-bed-cover-2020-jeep-gladiator-jt-13550-23.html

View attachment 55722

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I am still waiting on the brake controller that was promised like a year ago at this point. lol

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder how this thing would handle a snow blade........

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport

For me...

What about you?
#4 for me